User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Actually, I don't have to ask why. I know why.
    It's because within the typology community, ambiguities are considered unsatisfactory or inferior in some way. A type with an X somewhere in their 4-letter code is considered incomplete - an indication that the person doesn't know themselves well enough or isn't "differentiated" enough. Maybe they are going through some kind of life-stage crisis?
    This is a gross disservice to the process of self-discovery. Yet this explanation is rife in the literature.
    I think its just that people in general dont want to be alone and are the most intrested in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah. So both you and I are un-typable. How does this make you feel, and what do you think?
    I understand why you'ld say that about you, but was your wink towards me an affront to my gay-streak ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think its just that people in general dont want to be alone and are the most intrested in themselves.
    This is definitely true for a lot of people. Myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I understand why you'ld say that about you, but was your wink towards me an affront to my gay-streak ?
    Haha. I have no idea what you mean, or why being un-typable is related to being gay. I see it as the conclusion if we want to be as accurate as possible. Asking how you feel and think is just a reference to the original post, as an allusion to the ridiculousness of the problem.

INTP with a heart -> has lots of money
    INFP with a head -> has student loans to pay off

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I disagree. I think INTPs have scorn for illogical social systems and niceties. It's like those games where you maneuver the mechanical arm to get a prize. You desire and are interested in the prize but playing the game is frustrating and often disappointing.
    That's the cover story.

INFP's want to be tough (to protect their Fi), so they try to convince themselves that they hate everyone; but really they love everyone. INTP's want to be diplomatic (to have an audience for their Ti), so they try to convince themselves that they love everyone; but in reality they secretly hate everyone (or if they are good natured, they are simply completely detached).

This is irrefutable, scientific knowledge.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

That's the cover story.

INFP's want to be tough (to protect their Fi), so they try to convince themselves that they hate everyone; but really they love everyone. INTP's want to be diplomatic (to have an audience for their Ti), so they try to convince themselves that they love everyone; but in reality they secretly hate everyone (or if they are good natured, they are simply completely detached).

This is irrefutable, scientific knowledge.

I think what you described sounds more ESTP. They have natural charisma but can be very flippant towards people....which only makes people love them more.

I don't think most INTPs really need an audience for their Ti.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think what you described sounds more ESTP. They have natural charisma but can be very flippant towards people....which only makes people love them more.
    That's why it's a secret. If they were to do it openly, without wit and charm, they would be forever alone and friendless.

I don't think most INTPs really need an audience for their Ti.
    The logic of either hating everyone or being completely detached would suggest not; but the ego has its own needs separate from attachment. There are, of course, those whose Fe is completely unused, who can meet their own ego needs.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    INTP with a heart -> has lots of money
    INFP with a head -> has student loans to pay off
    Darn it, by this logic I'd have to be INFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

That's why it's a secret. If they were to do it openly, without wit and charm, they would be forever alone and friendless.

The logic of either hating everyone or being completely detached would suggest not; but the ego has its own needs separate from attachment. There are, of course, those whose Fe is completely unused, who can meet their own ego needs.

INTPs are behind the scenes people. They don't have an overwhelming desire to lead or control others like say an INTJ. They are concerned more with observation than implementation so it's not as if they who hate everyone for not conforming to their world view. I don't see your line of reasoning besides that it makes INFPs and INtPs into Cherokee proverb-esque duals.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

INTPs are behind the scenes people. They don't have an overwhelming desire to lead or control others like say an INTJ. They are concerned more with observation than implementation so it's not as if they who hate everyone for not conforming to their world view. I don't see your line of reasoning besides that it makes INFPs and INtPs into Cherokee proverb-esque duals.
    I wouldn't say INTJs have a need to lead or control others. We usually prefer to stay in the background ourselves. We do have more of a need to control situations, outcomes, and even our environment. Often the best/only way to do that is to try to influence the behavior of others, or even step into a leadership role, so I can see why it looks like we have a desire to do that. Really, though, we must overcome our natural desire NOT to do that in order to achieve our desired outcome.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

And this is pretty much exactly what I've been saying from the beginning (especially the bolded), with the caveat that choosing a type as a best fit (even if the fit is loose) can be helpful. And you see the kind of reception I get.
    It is?

You have a pretty convoluted way of expressing yourself then. Mostly I've seen you try (and fail) to convince people you're an (unorthodox) INTP. Almost as if your life depended on it...
    That's why you've had the "reception" you've had.

In fact, you were one of the people I had in mind when I made that post. OP already seems pretty chilled about type ambiguity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.