User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    Just at present I've writing a number of letters (by email of course). I'm amazed that I have two distinct styles that I can switch between with ease. One I use for describing scientific concepts and the other I use for telling stories. There's maybe nothing unexpected here but I would rate myself as good at both. It's like I am two different people.

The answer to your question however I think is that Ti overrules Fi. But all other markers tell me the opposite - that INfp is about right. It's a fascinating subject this - and probably really only of academic interest. I am after all the same person no matter what label I place upon myself.
    Yeah for sure... I thought the same the other day when kalach was trying to suggest I might be esfp. Although I think it's a totally silly suggestion that I could be se Dom.

Regardless... A label doesn't really change the contents does it?

I think if I had to choose for you... I might say intp tho just by a slight bit... But if you wanna know the truth it's only because you don't read like a fi Dom... I see ne first and then fi flavored ti.

If that makes any sense.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    This is good as well. Interestingly so far, reading the replies, I've been able to identify with the INTP half of the equation much more than the INFP half. Interesting.
    You seem more INTP to me too. Just a little.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

one tries to expand logic to external things(that fits the impression of it, according to objective standards) and other tries to subtract what is illogical from impressions of external things to see the hidden logic behind it(also causalities between different aspects etc are considered).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

One goes herp de derp the other goes derp de herp.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes johncoconut liked this post

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

An intp with heart and vice versa would most probably never type or be typed an intp or infp cause he doesnt fit the square
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    An intp with heart and vice versa would most probably never type or be typed an intp or infp cause he doesnt fit the square
    INTP isnt an square
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    INTP with a heart - thinks people mean well but are illogical
    this is what I believe, and i include myself in the equation aswell
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I wonder why people are so anxious to fit into someone else's box?/no innuendo plz

It's the thing I find most trying about these theories. Why do people think there's something wrong / abnormal with them /their understanding, instead of something wrong with a general theory of type that fails to accommodate their idiosyncrasies? It must be, at best incomplete, at worst, utter nonsense. Why isn't this much obvious?

Actually, I don't have to ask why. I know why.
    It's because within the typology community, ambiguities are considered unsatisfactory or inferior in some way. A type with an X somewhere in their 4-letter code is considered incomplete - an indication that the person doesn't know themselves well enough or isn't "differentiated" enough. Maybe they are going through some kind of life-stage crisis?
    This is a gross disservice to the process of self-discovery. Yet this explanation is rife in the literature.

For example, this is Lenore Thompson:
    Quote Originally Posted by Personality type: an owner's manual
    Types whose E/I and P/J scores are both very close may be
    -feeling pressure to conform to someone else's image of them
    -in a new job/school/marriage
    -recently retired or divorced, or attempting to redefine an accustomed identity;
    So....pretty much anyone then?

Myers says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifts Differing
    ...in the least developed adults, the processes remain childish, so that nothing can be maturely perceived or maturely judged.
    While this is probably true, it's actually an argument against her typology. She seems to be contradicting her own treatise that every individual has "gifts" and that every individual can consequently be assigned a type.

So, X can mean you're good at too many things or good at nothing at all. So far, so helpful ...

You have to ask yourself why typologists make their test/theory failure your fault. Why they try to undermine you by implying you're just immature, confused or too easily influenced. (When in fact, it is the most immature, one-dimensional, easily-led people who are the easiest to "type".)

They have to, because otherwise the house of cards falls apart. If most people are not in fact, clearly and consistently defined "types", then maybe typology is bullshit on a par with astrology? And that's not going to sell books to insecure self-helpers.

What I would say to you is stop sweating whether you're an "INTP with heart" or an "INFP with head". Neither of those categories are comprehensive enough to encompass the complexity that is you.

Embrace your X, and be done with it.

Another way of looking at it, if you endorse the mapping to the "Agreeableness" dimension provided by FFM, is that you fall somewhere in the middle: i.e. you are neither a doormat nor a complete prick. That's a pretty healthy place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954
    I am, after all, the same person, no matter what label I place upon myself.
    Precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.
    Likes johncoconut liked this post

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yeah. So both you and I are un-typable. How does this make you feel, and what do you think?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I wonder why people are so anxious to fit into someone else's box?/no innuendo plz

It's the thing I find most trying about these theories. Why do people think there's something wrong / abnormal with them /their understanding, instead of something wrong with a general theory of type that fails to accommodate their idiosyncrasies? It must be, at best incomplete, at worst, utter nonsense. Why isn't this much obvious?

Actually, I don't have to ask why. I know why.
    It's because within the typology community, ambiguities are considered unsatisfactory or inferior in some way. A type with an X somewhere in their 4-letter code is considered incomplete - an indication that the person doesn't know themselves well enough or isn't "differentiated" enough. Maybe they are going through some kind of life-stage crisis?
    This is a gross disservice to the process of self-discovery. Yet this explanation is rife in the literature.

For example, this is Lenore Thompson:

So....pretty much anyone then?

Myers says:
    While this is probably true, it's actually an argument against her typology. She seems to be contradicting her own treatise that every individual has "gifts" and that every individual can consequently be assigned a type.

So, X can mean you're good at too many things or good at nothing at all. So far, so helpful ...

You have to ask yourself why typologists make their test/theory failure your fault. Why they try to undermine you by implying you're just immature, confused or too easily influenced. (When in fact, it is the most immature, one-dimensional, easily-led people who are the easiest to "type".)

They have to, because otherwise the house of cards falls apart. If most people are not in fact, clearly and consistently defined "types", then maybe typology is bullshit on a par with astrology? And that's not going to sell books to insecure self-helpers.

What I would say to you is stop sweating whether you're an "INTP with heart" or an "INFP with head". Neither of those categories are comprehensive enough to encompass the complexity that is you.

Embrace your X, and be done with it.

Another way of looking at it, if you endorse the mapping to the "Agreeableness" dimension provided by FFM, is that you fall somewhere in the middle: i.e. you are neither a doormat nor a complete prick. That's a pretty healthy place to be.

Precisely.
    And this is pretty much exactly what I've been saying from the beginning (especially the bolded), with the caveat that choosing a type as a best fit (even if the fit is loose) can be helpful. And you see the kind of reception I get.