User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default How likely is it for an ENFP to become a doctor?

I curious as to what you think the likelihood is that an ENFP Enneagram 7 would be become a doctor.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Seems an odd question. Whya asking?

I think theres all sorts of reasons an enfp might be a very good doctor.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp

i don't know about in general, but being a doctor is my top career choice for now, i'll be going to med school next year if i can help it! some people are surprised, though. O_o maybe it's the tendency to be a bit too disorganised clashing with how methodical doctors are suppoed to be...?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think Chloe (enfp poster) is in med school too.

I don't know I just think when were passionate about something we can be highly focused.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It is something I have my eyes on.. med school that is. I don't know if I can afford to go to it yet.. We'll see how life pans out for me. It is hard to try to balance military life with regular school, I don't know how to do it with med school yet. Maybe an army-sponsored program of some sort. Anyways, I think the most difficult aspect of it, for me so far in school, is feeling like I have to be perfect. I feel somehow behind the other students.. my want to help other people with a career like that is tainted with doubts. I see doctors that are no good, that don't know their job, or make a wrong diagnosis that really hurts someone, etc. It's a lot of pressure to think about.. so every thing I do wrong in a class, I think, "This class is like elementary doctor stuff.. if I'm getting these things wrong, how am I suppose to be a good doctor?" I fill myself with self-doubt sometimes over it, which creates a stress.

The more I study, the better I feel.. and the more I neglect other aspects of my life in the process. I'm finding a decent balance of it all, but it is still bothersome to find time between a career, a family to care for, friends to pay attention to, hobbies and projects that give me personal fulfillment, and lessons that eat a huge chunk of my time.. while learning lessons that I am taking because I don't want to put all of my eggs in a single basket.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Seems an odd question. Whya asking?

I think theres all sorts of reasons an enfp might be a very good doctor.
    I know one. She has done very very well and is in Dermatology. She wanted to be a doctor since she was a small child and I was wondering how common of a career choice it might be. Most of the doctors I've been to seem to have more stoic personalities.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I know one. She has done very very well and is in Dermatology. She wanted to be a doctor since she was a small child and I was wondering how common of a career choice it might be. Most of the doctors I've been to seem to have more stoic personalities.
    I was just getting ready to respond and then you added that part about Dermatology... (I was going to ask at what point is she in this process). If she is already in med school...(there are A LOT of 'weed-out' points) and is doing well...then the chances are high. If she hadn't already started moving forward...then you just don't know. ENFP 7s have about 235...'I've always wanted to be >insert career<'.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I was just getting ready to respond and then you added that part about Dermatology... (I was going to ask at what point is she in this process). If she is already in med school...(there are A LOT of 'weed-out' points) and is doing well...then the chances are high. If she hadn't already started moving forward...then you just don't know. ENFP 7s have about 235...'I've always wanted to be >insert career<'.
    Residency actually.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INtP
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm in medical school, and our counselor had the entire class class take the MBTI. We have a few ENFPs in our class (and several other types of Ps) but most of the class is of the J-variety.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I've considered med school for a long time. I haven't taken the plunge, but it's not off my radar either.

I would think the amount of IxxJs in med school would be much higher but I don't find the idea of an ENFP doctor at all surprising. The e7 is more so.