• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How likely is it for an ENFP to become a doctor?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I curious as to what you think the likelihood is that an ENFP Enneagram 7 would be become a doctor.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems an odd question. Whya asking?

I think theres all sorts of reasons an enfp might be a very good doctor.

31january

MBTI Type
enfp
i don't know about in general, but being a doctor is my top career choice for now, i'll be going to med school next year if i can help it! some people are surprised, though. o_O maybe it's the tendency to be a bit too disorganised clashing with how methodical doctors are suppoed to be...?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Chloe (enfp poster) is in med school too.

I don't know I just think when were passionate about something we can be highly focused.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It is something I have my eyes on.. med school that is. I don't know if I can afford to go to it yet.. We'll see how life pans out for me. It is hard to try to balance military life with regular school, I don't know how to do it with med school yet. Maybe an army-sponsored program of some sort. Anyways, I think the most difficult aspect of it, for me so far in school, is feeling like I have to be perfect. I feel somehow behind the other students.. my want to help other people with a career like that is tainted with doubts. I see doctors that are no good, that don't know their job, or make a wrong diagnosis that really hurts someone, etc. It's a lot of pressure to think about.. so every thing I do wrong in a class, I think, "This class is like elementary doctor stuff.. if I'm getting these things wrong, how am I suppose to be a good doctor?" I fill myself with self-doubt sometimes over it, which creates a stress.

The more I study, the better I feel.. and the more I neglect other aspects of my life in the process. I'm finding a decent balance of it all, but it is still bothersome to find time between a career, a family to care for, friends to pay attention to, hobbies and projects that give me personal fulfillment, and lessons that eat a huge chunk of my time.. while learning lessons that I am taking because I don't want to put all of my eggs in a single basket.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems an odd question. Whya asking?

I think theres all sorts of reasons an enfp might be a very good doctor.

I know one. She has done very very well and is in Dermatology. She wanted to be a doctor since she was a small child and I was wondering how common of a career choice it might be. Most of the doctors I've been to seem to have more stoic personalities.

Starry

I know one. She has done very very well and is in Dermatology. She wanted to be a doctor since she was a small child and I was wondering how common of a career choice it might be. Most of the doctors I've been to seem to have more stoic personalities.

I was just getting ready to respond and then you added that part about Dermatology... (I was going to ask at what point is she in this process). If she is already in med school...(there are A LOT of 'weed-out' points) and is doing well...then the chances are high. If she hadn't already started moving forward...then you just don't know. ENFP 7s have about 235...'I've always wanted to be >insert career<'.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just getting ready to respond and then you added that part about Dermatology... (I was going to ask at what point is she in this process). If she is already in med school...(there are A LOT of 'weed-out' points) and is doing well...then the chances are high. If she hadn't already started moving forward...then you just don't know. ENFP 7s have about 235...'I've always wanted to be >insert career<'.

Residency actually.

Spin

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
1w9
I'm in medical school, and our counselor had the entire class class take the MBTI. We have a few ENFPs in our class (and several other types of Ps) but most of the class is of the J-variety.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've considered med school for a long time. I haven't taken the plunge, but it's not off my radar either.

I would think the amount of IxxJs in med school would be much higher but I don't find the idea of an ENFP doctor at all surprising. The e7 is more so.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Standuble

I think an ENFP could be a very good doctor. Your Ne could be excellent in determining what is wrong with a patient allowing you to succeed where more Si orientated doctors would still be scratching their head trying to assess the facts. Plus the extraversion will help you build rapport with other doctors and patients.

However I would recommend you make sure this is what you want to do with your life. Would med school be a path you value? Would your Ne be willing to play ball?