User Tag List

First 12

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    I think the ENTP would be searching hard in some area of life for a creative outlet. If you like the people you work with/see the value in the product/do it well you can go a long way in any career, especially if you're writing that script or book proposal on the side or creating a volunteer program that gets NT dropouts off the street or anything else that feeds Ne. Probably half of what I write (and it's a major part of my career) doesn't really match INFJ but it supports the other stuff, it's ethical, and it gets published...
    I need to pursue more personal projects, I think. I have a mid-sized collection of personal writing projects that need to be pushed to completion, including a feature screenplay in about its ninth draft, and two more screenplay concepts on deck.

Meanwhile, at work I burrow through a mountain of meaningless paper...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Good luck--a lot of EPs I know partner with a J to get that first writing project out there. I've actually had about 5 EP coauthors.
    edcoaching

Oberon

Good luck--a lot of EPs I know partner with a J to get that first writing project out there. I've actually had about 5 EP coauthors.
    Well, as you might imagine, bringing projects to closure isn't my strongest suit.

I've co-authored some non-fiction, that wasn't hard... particularly with co-authors who already had the cred with the publisher. I've sold some stories and articles, too.

The screenplay(s) may or may not ever sell. The obstacle there is getting them to market.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    .The screenplay(s) may or may not ever sell. The obstacle there is getting them to market.
    My ENTP nephew and I give notes to each other on screenplays/novels etc. His screenplay is so much better than half the stuff produced and some day something's going to go. I need to decide whether to dump the half-done children's sci fi book and start a new project or finish it just to say I did even if it won't sell. Sigh.
    edcoaching

Oberon

My ENTP nephew and I give notes to each other on screenplays/novels etc. His screenplay is so much better than half the stuff produced and some day something's going to go. I need to decide whether to dump the half-done children's sci fi book and start a new project or finish it just to say I did even if it won't sell. Sigh.
    I just finished reading Heinlein's Grumbles from the Grave. It reminded me that Heinlein made his reputation first in pulps, then in juveniles. It made me want to start a kid's sci fi project.

What makes you think it won't sell?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I just finished reading Heinlein's Grumbles from the Grave. It reminded me that Heinlein made his reputation first in pulps, then in juveniles. It made me want to start a kid's sci fi project.

What makes you think it won't sell?
    My former agent didn't think it would, but never got back to me with what it needed...he did say that pre Harry Potter he could have placed it so it isn't totally bad, but there's so much competition in that genre. Kid's fiction is still booming though and there's room for more good stuff--I just finished one recommended by the Int'l Reading Ass'n that nearly put me to sleep, the style was so bad, and it's now a 3-book series so there really is more room!!!

Guess I should start hunting for a different agent. dig in, see what happens
    edcoaching

Oberon

Is your agent LA, or New York?

I'm presuming NY based on your target market...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well, it's former agent and i haven't looked again...long story...but he was originally with a NY firm and them broke out on his own and lives in AZ now...
    edcoaching