User Tag List

View Poll Results: FPs: Do You Feel Introverted Feeling Is Sourced Within Your Chest?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 37.50%
  • Somewhat

7 29.17%
  • No

8 33.33%
First 7891011 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Is that the difference you meant, that the introverted forms of a function are 'much deeper, stronger, more robust'?
    That is a general difference between introverted functions and their extroverted counterparts.

They are processes, though. How can they be deep, strong or robust?
    What about a process would prohibit it from bring deep, strong, or robust?

If they are on a scale, is a deep, strong, robust Fe automatically Fi?
    No.

And I never proposed that it works in such a way.

Is it impossible that an FJ is more deeply passionate than an FP?
    No.

If they are an INFJ, for instance, they can be deeply passionate about their Ni vision.

You seem to be letting the language trip you up by taking it too literally.

Think of the words as beams of light briefly illuminating what is already there.

(As opposed to strictly defined terms whose meaning is intrinsically tied to the fabric of reality)

I know you don't like to believe in such things as the functions, but it even works if they're just imaginary.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't understand this question. I also am questioning my understanding of Fi. Lots of "WTF" to some of these comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by ms.behaving View Post
    I am in the same boat. Let's skip this joint and hitup the Dairy Queen for a choco cherry blizzard.
    Clearly you guys aren't Fi-users.

My Fi is in my solar plexus and testes.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That is a general difference between introverted functions and their extroverted counterparts.

I've never seen anything about processes that prohibits them from being deep, strong, or robust.

No.

And I never proposed that it works in such a way.

No.

If they are an INFJ, for instance, they can be deeply passionate about their Ni vision.

You seem to be letting the language trip you up by taking it too literally.

Think of the words as beams of light briefly illuminating what is already there.

(As opposed to strictly defined terms whose meaning is intrinsically tied to the fabric of reality)

I know you don't like to believe in such things as the functions, but it even works if they're just imaginary.
    More mutually accepted definitions provide light on more parts of the whole, permitting more illumination for all if we are ignorant. If we believe we are entirely knowledgeable then we would see no need for mutually accepted definitions, as we would believe we know that others know what we are saying.

To answer OP, yellow and red.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    To answer OP, yellow and red.
    In Z's avy? I might have some green action going on too. Blue action tends to have me reaching for a peppermint.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    In Z's avy? I might have some green action going on too. Blue action tends to have me reaching for a peppermint.
    Yes that's what I was going off of.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Libel in this thread. Si is a brown color, and is like grains of sand.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

No, it's not in the chest for me.

In general it doesn't come from any one place; it flows through me and is made of many different shades and compositions, of eddies or languid pools, depending on which part of it you examine. And I test the current and the make-up of it at any place when I need to come up with a response or opinion (I just did it for this thread). I suppose I see it as something that passes through me; something that is part of me, but not exactly of me. In a sense I don't want to locate it to a single place in the body because this would confine it, and it seems larger than that.

I feel like any impression that it comes from a single place is only under an extreme negative reaction (ie. "this is seriously bad/wrong"). I have had that feeling in the pit of my stomach under such circumstances, but to me, it merely seems like that because, what was calm, natural and dispersed, becomes focussed to one spot under strong agitation.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Is that the difference you meant, that the introverted forms of a function are 'much deeper, stronger, more robust'? They are processes, though. How can they be deep, strong or robust? If they are on a scale, is a deep, strong, robust Fe automatically Fi? Is it impossible that an FJ is more deeply passionate than an FP?
    I can see a process being strong or robust, not sure deep is the right term. The introverted and extraverted processes, however, seem to differ in their fundamental nature, not (simply) in strength or intensity.

As for associating Fi with a chakra, are we trying to make an association with the process itself, or with the physical manifestations or side-effects of that process coming into play? I would agree with the yellow or even the red chakra for the physical effects, but think the process itself is much higher up - even purple, perhaps. Much as we were discussing the correlation between JCFs and the MBTI dichotomies, I'm not so sure we can make direct correlations between functions and chakras. Everything works together.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...