• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FPs: Do You Feel Fi Is Sourced Within Your Chest?

FPs: Do You Feel Introverted Feeling Is Sourced Within Your Chest?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My mom is a very angry EFJ who rants about a number of things that offend her to the very core, to the extent that I sometimes think she's an ETJ. But she's not.

My mom's an ESFJ (she doesn't get mad often, tho)... but my ex's mom was an esfj too, and she could have a pretty bad temper... honestly, tho, i just think their anger is a totally different thing... still highly irrational a lot of the time... but it just... tastes different... i don't really understand it well, but it reminds me of the time my ESTP neighbor came to me totally hysterically, spewing about how his ex was gunna have to get her arm amputated, and he was being all histrionic and shit, and it was like he expected me to hold him or something... the look on my face must've been priceless.

I couldn't imagine a TJ doing that. I could imagine TPs doing it.

Nicodemus

Sure they do, that's not what I was saying. I think it's possible the actual triggers/catalysts might be different though? That's why I used the shrug emoticon man... I just don't know. Fe is the function I probably understand the least, in terms of actual experience.
Then it was F that was triggered, by the violation of a value you consider i because it is not concerned with... e-stuff? How is fairness not e-stuff, by the way? It merely seems to be a slightly different kind of e-stuff than compliance with arbitrary social protocols.

My mom is a very angry EFJ who rants about a number of things that offend her to the very core, to the extent that I sometimes think she's an ETJ. But she's not.
She sounds like a human being.

Of course, you're probably just trying to turn this into a giant Fi-Fe clusterfuck.
I am trying to get rid of the idea of Fi and Fe somehow being different things that one can have or lack.

THANK YOU.

fwiw, when I read [MENTION=9585]mia[/MENTION]'s post, re. 'Fe users get angry as well, though, in regards to noncompliance with Fe values', I had a visceral reaction (lol). Because, I have no idea what 'noncompliance with Fe values' actually means. Many people on this forum view me as an Fe user, but tbh I don't even identify with much of what people write of Fe, or know what phrases like that mean. (no offense Mia :)). :shrug:

I view my values as being aspects of myself, whether I derived them of myself or happened to incorporate bits and pieces from my life experiences into my own views. And yes, my chest tightens, I may feel ill and have to lie down if I'm anxious or really upset about something (it affects me physically), my heart beats faster, other physical reactions/sensations based on the emotion I am feeling.

/sorry for the derail, I know I'm not supposed to be here.
Always nice to hear you on matters of typologism.

We're passionate about a few things.
Like Mia, the Fi user, it appears.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I am trying to get rid of the idea of Fi and Fe somehow being different things that one can have or lack.

They're not different things that one has or lacks.

They're different processes that one engages in to varying extents.

Frankly, based on the evidence thus far, I'd say it's pretty clear there is a difference between the two.

Mia.

Then it was F that was triggered, by the violation of a value you consider i because it is not concerned with... e-stuff? How is fairness not e-stuff, by the way? It merely seems to be a slightly different kind of e-stuff than compliance with arbitrary social protocols.

Like Mia, the Fi user, it appears.

You're divorcing the values from how/why/source of origination darlin'. My mother, for example, and I could both have a value reaction - let's use fairness as you said - but be doing it for totally different reasons, places, and line of reasoning.

And our reactions to it would also be wildly different in terms of display of emotion and suggested remedy.

Nicodemus

Frankly, based on the evidence thus far, I'd say it's pretty clear there is a difference between the two.
What is that difference?

You're divorcing the values from how/why/source of origination darlin'.
Yes, madam, I am.

My mother, for example, and I could both have a value reaction - let's use fairness as you said - but be doing it for totally different reasons, places, and line of reasoning.
Could you outline these reasons a bit?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
What is that difference?

Well, so far there have been only two hypothetical/theoretical Fe users to reply:

THANK YOU.

fwiw, when I read [MENTION=9585]mia[/MENTION]'s post, re. 'Fe users get angry as well, though, in regards to noncompliance with Fe values', I had a visceral reaction (lol). Because, I have no idea what 'noncompliance with Fe values' actually means. Many people on this forum view me as an Fe user, but tbh I don't even identify with much of what people write of Fe, or know what phrases like that mean. (no offense Mia :)). :shrug:

I view my values as being aspects of myself, whether I derived them of myself or happened to incorporate bits and pieces from my life experiences into my own views. And yes, my chest tightens, I may feel ill and have to lie down if I'm anxious or really upset about something (it affects me physically), my heart beats faster, other physical reactions/sensations based on the emotion I am feeling.

/sorry for the derail, I know I'm not supposed to be here.

We're passionate about a few things.

Fe is wearing something in pink... with stockings, and garters, and lace underwear. :coffee:

And, while cascadeco doesn't strike me as very Fe-heavy (frankly, I think her cognition runs a lot more along the lines of NiTi), neither of these responses really ring with any significant amount of what I would call, in a very technical manner, "Fi flava". Particularly not the latter. What kind of FP would respond to such charges/questions with "we're passionate about a few things", such lack of verve, such a wet towel of a response.

And I don't find it surprising; as I've said on here before, I feel the introverted form of a function tends to be much deeper, stronger, more robust, than its extroverted counterpart; and, as such, I think FPs tend to be much more deeply passionate than do FJs.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, so far there have been only two hypothetical/theoretical Fe users to re

And, while cascadeco doesn't strike me as very Fe-heavy (frankly, I think her cognition runs a lot more along the lines of NiTi), neither of these responses really ring with any significant amount of what I would call, in a very technical manner, "Fi flava". Particularly not the latter. What kind of FP would respond to such charges/questions with "we're passionate about a few things", such lack of verve, such a wet towel of a response.

And I don't find it surprising; as I've said on here before, I feel the introverted forms of a function are much deeper, stronger, more robust, than their extroverted counterparts, and, as such, I think FPs tend to be much more deeply passionate than do FJs.

As long as it made you feel good to type out that wordwall of over-analysis, I do not have a problem with it. Rock on.

Nicodemus

Yes, I could.
Touché. Please do, honey.

I feel the introverted forms of a function are much deeper, stronger, more robust, than their extroverted counterparts, and, as such, I think FPs tend to be far more deeply passionate than do FJs.
Is that the difference you meant, that the introverted forms of a function are 'much deeper, stronger, more robust'? They are processes, though. How can they be deep, strong or robust? If they are on a scale, is a deep, strong, robust Fe automatically Fi? Is it impossible that an FJ is more deeply passionate than an FP?

Burger King

I don't understand this question. I also am questioning my understanding of Fi. Lots of "WTF" to some of these comments.

ms.behaving

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't understand this question. I also am questioning my understanding of Fi. Lots of "WTF" to some of these comments.

I am in the same boat. Let's skip this joint and hitup the Dairy Queen for a choco cherry blizzard.

G

Ginkgo

I am in the same boat. Let's skip this joint and hitup the Dairy Queen for a choco cherry blizzard.

tumblr_m7ipquDMrG1r17gyxo1_500.png