User Tag List

View Poll Results: FPs: Do You Feel Introverted Feeling Is Sourced Within Your Chest?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 37.50%
  • Somewhat

7 29.17%
  • No

8 33.33%
First 2101112

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

If I simplistically think of Fi as the right / wrong axis, it's a little easier to answer this.

The ping of wrong is felt in the solar plexus area for me, slightly higher perhaps. Sometimes a twinge, sometimes feeling as heavy as a blow.

The ping of right just feels neutral to good, sometimes a glow, but mostly just maintains status quo. No bells. No warnings. All clear.

Examples of what would trigger that feeling would be if I say something uncharitable from a value perspective (spreading gossip about someone, ping of wrong) or witnessing something that is contrary to my values, esp if I am in a position to take action to counter it (people taking advantage of others, gong of wrong) or even while trying to write or build something (ping of ick tells me I might be going in the wrong direction).

Somethin' like that. A compass, a geiger counter, a metal detector. On all the time.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i know the ping...except mine is more of mini kaboom with boiling lava n stuff
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Thanks. I think.
    You're welcome. He's scrumptious.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

There are two flavour Fi's and if you'd locate them in a certain body region one flavour of Fi is in the gut instincts and one is in the chest area, related to shame and the 4 in the enneagram. The gut area would often be related to the 8 or 9 in the enneagram. The flavourings come with if the Fi-dom has developed to withdraw their feelings to avoid criticism, or if they have learnt to put it forward in a challenger way, basically, to avoid others hurting them, the Fi would push it's Fi from the gut upwards down towards the other person, and basically shut it's ears to the criticism that would arise and then re-withdraw into 4. The 4 is the natural state for Fi and the 8 is more the Te in the Fi. The 4-9 combination is different, that one barely even uses Te and mostly withdraws it's opinions, until it boils over or they learn to present it in a diplomatic manner. The Fi is generally more chest-centered alas, but there's definitely gut reactions too.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I think Fi is in your ears...as it hears injustices that it personally wants to condemn.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I feel like it is more in my throat.

(TWSS)

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

the chakra map is what i now use. i think noticing chakra energies is the most useful self-awareness tool that i've discovered so far. more than the enneagram, which is useful for making predictions and getting the meaning organized so that you can see larger patterns, but doesn't really open you up to fully being present with yourself.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enne...gyhealing4.php

c4 is equanimity and compassion. in yoga class when they say, "open up your heart center," and when your postures do that, you are more in an embracing perspective. for Fe, i feel like i can more fully mirror someone, like a ferris wheel of ups and downs that binds us together, that we mutually share, that i can kind of enter into the performance of and be with the whole performance. you identify with the gestures of the body in interaction, and you feel like a kind of consubstantiality to the relation as you feel identified to them so strongly. c4 is hard to integrate, and it seems to me like e4s know the c4 experience generally better than other types, especially those that have moved away from a deep-seated need for originality to one instead focused on equanimity. who feel originality as more of a fact, and equanimity as more of a goal that comes out of that fact (rather than confusing themselves with the meaning, and the contest to have the best meaning, the best image of originality, to be the object that is declared the most unique).

e9s, for instance, are really defined by c2. 7s kick in more c3, although 7w6s and so types sometimes tend to be less solid in this regard. e4s generally show stronger c2 than e5s. all the chakras have an emotional element or experience, but i think Fi relates across c2-c5 at least somewhat clearly. as does Fe. c3 does seem more about forcefulness, self-efficacy, self-responsibility. it's more of an engine/drive. more instinctual. more anger, fast response, yes/no, spring into action, focus, etc. the instinct triad seems to really relate to c2 and c3.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

chest. maybe more gut if you think of 9s though.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    the chakra map is what i now use. i think noticing chakra energies is the most useful self-awareness tool that i've discovered so far. more than the enneagram, which is useful for making predictions and getting the meaning organized so that you can see larger patterns, but doesn't really open you up to fully being present with yourself.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enne...gyhealing4.php

c4 is equanimity and compassion. in yoga class when they say, "open up your heart center," and when your postures do that, you are more in an embracing perspective. for Fe, i feel like i can more fully mirror someone, like a ferris wheel of ups and downs that binds us together, that we mutually share, that i can kind of enter into the performance of and be with the whole performance. you identify with the gestures of the body in interaction, and you feel like a kind of consubstantiality to the relation as you feel identified to them so strongly. c4 is hard to integrate, and it seems to me like e4s know the c4 experience generally better than other types, especially those that have moved away from a deep-seated need for originality to one instead focused on equanimity. who feel originality as more of a fact, and equanimity as more of a goal that comes out of that fact (rather than confusing themselves with the meaning, and the contest to have the best meaning, the best image of originality, to be the object that is declared the most unique).

e9s, for instance, are really defined by c2. 7s kick in more c3, although 7w6s and so types sometimes tend to be less solid in this regard. e4s generally show stronger c2 than e5s. all the chakras have an emotional element or experience, but i think Fi relates across c2-c5 at least somewhat clearly. as does Fe. c3 does seem more about forcefulness, self-efficacy, self-responsibility. it's more of an engine/drive. more instinctual. more anger, fast response, yes/no, spring into action, focus, etc. the instinct triad seems to really relate to c2 and c3.
    Thank you for this excellent post.

It seems you've already put a good deal of thought into this.

I've practiced hatha yoga for a good while now (7-8 yrs), and have just recently gotten into studying the deeper dimensions of yoga.

A lot of what you said makes sense (my ESFP 7w8 ex often used to talk of her "belly fire" [c3]), but one question:

Do you then think that the T functions are somehow associated with the higher chakras?

I am willing to say that, if I had to, I would definitely associate Ni with c6/c7.

And I'd probably be willing to say I'd associate Te with c5/c6.

Ginkgo