User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Default INFPS: What's the source of your sadness?

Does it just come from your extreme idealism and nothing ever matching up? Do you feel disconnected from the rest of the world? Not living up to some grand purpose?

What is it and what would/has helped you to move past it?

please and thank you.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

(it's so funny how you're starting all these threads about types, trying to understand them....i love it!)

i'm posting here to say that i don't think what you're talking about is directly linked to being an INFP....i'm an ENFP and I have it too, always have had. that's melancholy you're talking about. maybe it could be connected to being a type 4? (I DEF have type 4 in my tritype, it's pretty strong too). Anyways, if I can also answer your question, it is a longing projected towards the future, of wanting to find something, an idealistic thing, a meaning in life, a soulmate that can share your thoughts/being with, I don't know. It's also my go-to state of rest, when I'm not stressed or trying to make the outside world happy (God, could it be connected to Fi then!?!?)

(Don't you have it too? Being an ENFP!? Honest question, I want to know what's *wrong* with me )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    (it's so funny how you're starting all these threads about types, trying to understand them....i love it!)

i'm posting here to say that i don't think what you're talking about is directly linked to being an INFP....i'm an ENFP and I have it too, always have had. that's melancholy you're talking about. maybe it could be connected to being a type 4? (I DEF have type 4 in my tritype, it's pretty strong too). Anyways, if I can also answer your question, it is a longing projected towards the future, of wanting to find something, an idealistic thing, a meaning in life, a soulmate that can share your thoughts/being with, I don't know. It's also my go-to state of rest, when I'm not stressed or trying to make the outside world happy (God, could it be connected to Fi then!?!?)

(Don't you have it too? Being an ENFP!? Honest question, I want to know what's *wrong* with me )
    yes i do absolutely...i've talked about it before and maybe the more interesting or inclusive question would have been to all types to discuss where their source of sadness comes from...as a 7...i have a very deep melancholy place that comes from letting go of people and past experiences...and longing to experience so much more and fearing i will never be able to satiate that thirst.

but as an enfp...with very idealist fi...i still find that it gives me hope...and is more the source of my optimism rather than my sadness. i don't feel thats the case with infps.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

oh, btw i just found this on tumblr:
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I don't think you can unravel one single emotion such as sadness from the whole bundle of them. They just come together.

So, some of it is in the over-idealistic view of the world and regret of it/me not living up to it. But there is also the awareness that everything is relative and linked. Happiness at winning something means someone else is sad at losing. Having something brings into light the things that you don't have and long/yearn for, etc.

Man, this is harder to explain than I thought... *gets sad at not being to express himself better*
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I cannot explain it. I just know it is there most of the time, sometimes I can forget it for a while though.

Anew Leaf

within the world there is a secret sea.
    and beneath the waves of that secret sea there is a cave.
    and within the cave there is a place where no light can dance into,
    and within the drenched depths there resides a box.
    and this is a box with no key other than the one time will forge
    as the box simply waits for the dance of darkness and lightness and rocks and waves and worlds and caves to flutter out of being.

the end.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I cannot explain it. I just know it is there most of the time, sometimes I can forget it for a while though.
    This.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Does it just come from your extreme idealism and nothing ever matching up? Do you feel disconnected from the rest of the world? Not living up to some grand purpose?

What is it and what would/has helped you to move past it?

please and thank you.
    I don’t think it’s related directly to one personality type.
    I remember, as a child, wondering why feeling sad felt so satisfying, comforting in a way. It seemed to inspire my creativity.
    I think it has to do with greater right hemisphere involvement in the thought process. A thicker corpus calossum maybe?
    Anyway, Some people suffer from more existential anxiety, and this could be seen as an aspect of idealism.
    AND THERE IS NO CURE. you just have to accept it. Sorry...