First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    you just got here...you already know that?

are you even sure you're intp? what's the point of this thread. :/
    Yep. And well it was between INTp and INTj and I like the p better so yeah. I took the test like 20 times. It was always either INTp or INTj. The point of this thread was to ask typologycentral why they had so many intj members when intj people are consider the most rare?

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    are you even sure you're intp? what's the point of this thread. :/
    We're all intp here (to both questions).
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    We're all intp here (to both questions).
    I think it's really easy to get INTP as a result?

I've gotten it the most, but I take it with a grain of salt, because through research I don't really feel I am an INTP. I think maybe people on the boards who are starting out with MBTI might get INTP in a few tests and just hold to it.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Well it's common for an n to think they're introverted and common for guys to assume they're thinkers and well who wants the slacker p label?

Maybe...

Or all the Intjs live on the Internet

Or you're wrong because there's a lot of infps and intps and infj and enfps etc etc

Or.. Okay now I'm bored.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTJ is the type with the highest average IQ. I don't know very many people that don't want to be smart!

Enneagram
    9w8

"Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain, one is a genius, the other is insane. To prove their mousy worth they'll overthrow the earth. They're Pinky, Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain." Don't be mad. I could hardly resist. I felt the spirit of a meglomaniac overtaking me or maybe it was just a sense of humor. I love Pinky and the Brain. hehe.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think it's really easy to get INTP as a result?

I've gotten it the most, but I take it with a grain of salt, because through research I don't really feel I am an INTP.
    Good for you. That shows more self-examination/awareness than that of a good chunk of those who conclude otherwise.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Yep. And well it was between INTp and INTj and I like the p better so yeah. I took the test like 20 times. It was always either INTp or INTj. The point of this thread was to ask typologycentral why they had so many intj members when intj people are consider the most rare?
    What statistics are you looking at, because from what I've seen INTP's are almost just as rare.... Sounds like someone is jealous.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

There aren't enough links to this site on other forums. I linked here from INTPc, and I imagine there are Typoc links on forums similar to that one. It's just not that well advertised. This forum escaped my google searches for years.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

It doesn't seem to me like there is overwhelming INTJ representation on this site - I wish there were more, since they are so uncommon IRL. I don't know how long you've been lurking, but perhaps there has been a recent surge in INTJ posting, and drop in ISFP posting. I feel like there is decent ISFP representation.

As for mistakes in self-typing, that's quite common, though in general I think most "real" INTJs are quick to identify themselves as INTJ, being as information-absorbing and decisive as they are. Perhaps some INTJs on here are really something else, but that's true for all types. I dunno, in general you can usually tell with people because types have posting quirks. INTJs are generally pretty informative/instructive in a benevolent "teaching" sort of way, succinct and sometimes vague, and often serious interspersed with goofy. Nico, Oaky, Uumlau, Z, Kalach all basically follow that pattern, with some individual variation. INTPs are generally more wavering and long-winded, with more questioning (and more observations, with more mature INTPs). They seem to pick things apart more and INTJs seem to synthesize more. Often when someone is identifying as a different type than you think they might be, there are certain "tells" that set them apart... and generally eventually they will question their own self-typing. It is true that certain types are touted as "better"... but that has a lot to do with personal taste, too. I'd personally love to be INTJ or ISTP but they're so radically far from my personality that I couldn't delude myself into thinking I was one if I tried.

Regardless, type is "best-fit" and can only be self-determined anyway. I don't feel like there's any objective truth to be had, just guesstimations. If someone doesn't fall into the category you think they should... well, that's up to you whether you accept their self-typing and change your conception of that type to meet that person or stick with your conception of type as it is and classify them as something else.
    Last edited by skylights; 08-31-2012 at 05:18 PM.