• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can someone confirm my personality type?

Liberty

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So, I would think that I'm a pretty classic INTP...I'm into computers, techie stuff, social-awkwardness...that's all correct. But I'm always unsure when the test results come back because I worry that I might be filling out about a person that I *want* to be and not the person I *am*. Also, I tend to get a lot of things in 52%...like nearing the half.

The problem is, the things that describe an INTP, I'm not sure if it fits me. Like, INTPs are your typical nerd with patience and all that. I'm very impatient, I get mad really fast, I like to argue, fight, I'm always looking to contradict stuff. I tend to start stuff and give up, I doubt myself a lot, I always worry that I'm not good enough or not smart enough. And good is never enough, it needs to be the best. A 2300 on the SAT is nothing...it has to be perfect. It's weird, I'm very self-conscious but at the same time, I'm confident... Well, I can act like I'm confident but inside, I seriously doubt myself.

Also, they say that INTPs are perfectionist and I'm kinda sloppy...I have high expectations but I'm not OCD in stuff...like my grammar is shitty, I write really sloppy... When I get into things (like computers), for periods of time, I'll obsessively try to learn and understand stuff but there will be like periods of time when all motivation just kinda drops. And, still, I'm seriously not sure if I even like computers. Also, I'm really impulsive and use to do drugs and drink a lot. I do all kinds of "dare-devil" things. Like, I'll steal little stuff (nail polish, pencil, spray-paint) from places just for the adrenaline.

And about the introverted stuff, I am definitely quiet, but I can be loud and I'm a very good public speaker, I just suck at conversations. It's not really a fear of speaking...it's more a fear of people? The results always come back either INTP, or INTJ or ENTP. Sorry, if this was really long. Thanks though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound 89% INTP. :yes:

Just kidding. You sound quite INTP to me. Have you read all the other descriptions? You can essentially choose/discover your type by ruling out all the others.

The most important thing about INTP is that it's a Thinking-dominant type (most-used cognition is to hone in on logic) and secondarily an iNtuitive type (second-most-used is in exploring conceptual patterns and theoretical possibilities). If that doesn't sound right, INTJ and ENTP are iNtuition first and Thinking second (INTJ honing in with iNtuition and expanding with Thinking; ENTP expanding with iNtuition and honing in with Thinking); ISTP would be honing in with logic first but exploring environmental patterns and sensory possibilities second.

Liberty

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That is so confusing, but sounds pretty cool. I've read most of the definitions of INTP from googling. I went through this phase of obsessively trying to find out who i was. Anyway, thanks for answering.