User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you experience your inferior function?

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp

I’m not entirely sure these things are inferior Se, but I guess it would make sense for them to be so I’ll mention them.

I need almost everything in my external environment to be exactly where I usually put it or I’m screwed, it can take me hours to find it. One day I couldn’t find my keys for four hours- I must have checked the fridge thoroughly about 20 times, I ended up missing a couple appointments- eventually I found them in the front door. I’d never taken them out of the doorknob the previous night. It took me four hours to figure this out. And so I have a sort of constant background anxiety about making sure everything important- keys, wallet, ipod, bills, etc- are in their designated place. I don’t need my place to be meticulously neat or clean, I just need for the important things to be exactly where I expect them to be.

I also find myself constantly checking to make sure I turned things off- or locked things. I wouldn’t say it’s to the point of OCD, but I can find myself walking away from my car thinking “Wait, did I lock the door?” several times before I remember to pay attention while actually doing it. I think maybe one of the things that separates this from OCD is that quite often I find I didn’t lock a door behind me, or unplug an iron, or whatever. It’s like I have the thought “I should do that”…..and then before I know it, I’m walking away wondering if I did it on autopilot or not.

That website sulfit linked lists these for inferior Se:

Se-inferior Types
    • Obsessive focus on external data
    • Overindulgence in sensual pleasure
    • Adversarial attitude toward the outer world
    What I already described probably falls under ‘obsessive focus on external data’. I don’t think I really do the overindulgence in sensual pleasure- or at least, I don’t notice it if I do. As far as ‘adversarial attitude toward the outer world’: I do get more bent out of shape than most people when someone/something in my external environment interrupts me, if I’m in the middle of something. My INFJ son has always had this problem too. If I have distinct path in my head that I’m following (on some task) and something in the external environment imposes change on that path, I have a really hard time going with the flow and changing the path as things come up. Like for example: running errands, and a hose busts in my car engine- even though it’s something which is relatively easy to fix, I can get unreasonably angry and feel overwhelmed with a "the sky is falling!" feeling if I don't remember to lighten up. Or back when I was writing papers in school- I couldn’t answer the phone or the doorbell while writing, because it’s too hard for me to switch gears. BUT if I know ahead of time there might be interruptions, then I’m far more adaptable- like if I expect someone to call in an hour, I can still write for that hour and not be driven crazy by switching my focus. I really have to know something is coming, though.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

4dw sx/so
    IEx None

The bad:

Rampant fear, constant nagging feeling that i have missed something vital, anxiety, abusing Ne to what-if all the possible disaster scenarios I should prep for, a dig-in-heels response to anything that is foreign or new of (especially if I cannot access NeFi to assess the dangers and skills required to deal with the situation), if pressured, the fear magnifies infinitely to the point where I act like a cat who is cornered, and god help those cornering me, even if its really a silly situation, my flight or fight response just gets blown out of proportion, and drama ensues.

The good:

I love the nostalgia I get from certain places, smells, emotions that trigger memories or memories that trigger emotions :heart.
    It remembers peoples backgrounds and unique quirks so I can map out their personality, and occasionally conjures up the most funny trivia Ive read somewhere in my brain, to use in a situation. It keeps a file on all the situations Ive been in and the analysis Ive run on those with NeFiTe on how to handle those and those similar to them in the future. I love how I remember the melody of songs that I do not even know the title or artist of, and I can sing along without realising it. IN fact, I love it when my Fi and Si team up

4 so/sp

In times when I consider myself 'unhealthy', I think negative aspects of enneagram and pure introversion are much more relevant than negative aspects of an inferior cog. function. So, withdrawal, seclusion, apathy/confusion/anxiety/negative emotions more at the forefront, irritability towards almost everything. I also tend to immobilize myself as I don't have the mental bandwidth or inspiration to do much of anything, and that in turn affects me physically, so it's a bit of a loop.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

6w5 sx/sp

not sure which is my inferior function but here is how my stress goes:

-i have close to tears moments because i feel extra sensitive
    -i feel like people let me down, like i have let them down
    -sexual desire often increased, physical pleasure makes me forget about problems (idiotic if you ask me)
    -i feel like crying for no reason
    -i feel like i have a breaks in my head
    -i feel pressure in my lungs like smth is constantly over my head and i can't handle it anymore. usually because i have too much tasks and can't think of all these problems, and please everybody and do everything and no one usually sees how much im trying and i don't wanna tell them cuz that makes me needy and i don't wanna be needy to others. I would like to present more to others but i feel like i have no strength to handle more and it makes me feel liek i have no space left for others and it's so frustrating. I all of the sudden become a burden and not the one who is burdened. And apparently i don't like it.