• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you experience your inferior function?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This will be hard for me since I always take people pics! And I can't just post their pics on here!

But... It will be fun I think.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes let's!

Do we have themes? Or do we just find something to take pics of everyday?
I didn't have any themes last time, just whatever caught my eye that day. After my son was born it was a whole lot of baby pics. I would be up for themes if you want to, but I hate trying to come up with them. I just kind of float around and do whatever.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay let's not do themes yet... Maybe we will every once and awhile for fun... Or to stretch ourselves or whatever.

But yay!!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's why I got into photography too, to capture the things that were slipping away. I did a 365 photo blog in 2009 and that helped a ton. I can remember that year better than I can remember last year.

I keep saying I want to do another one but I haven't yet wanted to commit to it. But I really should it was one of the best projects I ever did.

That sounds amazing, great idea! I love the sound of this I think I might even do it myself!

I often talk to my friends and say...what do you mean...so and so wasn't that bad....then they remind me what they did
or I forget I don't like a certain food
or I completely will go on as if some part of my life had never even happened...almost like i only know about it because when i do think about it is like watching a movie or something. detached or somehting<--weird
my Si sucks...I will probably never use it either...I get so drained from it now that i've worked at a bank...all Si doms should work at a bank they would be really good, but probably bored

It's not my inferior but when i'm not in the grip of my inferior, i am always noticing i never us Si.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not really sure. I ID with a lot of the original post.

I may start feeling upset about how I've done so much and it's all added up to zero. That I've struggled and accomplished nothing. Have nothing to show for my hard work. That I'm stuck in some sort of pattern of failure that I cannot quite grasp and therefore doomed to keep repeating it. That if I could just remember and stand back a little more, I'd "get it". Like there's something I'm supposed to remember, some lesson I was supposed to learn but didn't.

Like [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] I have memories that seem more like dreams and really large chunks of my life that I simply don't remember. I know some things happened but I have huge blank spaces, too. Like I just arrived at this point in my life without much history...kinda like Talking Heads, "well, how did I get here?" I know that sounds silly but that's what it feels like.

I have been remembering some things lately (triggered by other things) and it's thrown me into a deep depression. It's really scary. I've always acted like the past didn't really matter. That I just need to keep going...memory = feeling and I didn't want to go there. I'm aware now that I've suppressed a lot of bad things/downplayed them just to survive.

I have no idea what inferior function that ties in with.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inferior Se

The aspects of Se (or what I think is Se) that I can relate to include a flexibility and variety with sensory experiences and the ability to embrace the moment sometimes, but it's different from someone comfortable with it because I don't always know what my personal relationship is to sensory experiences. I have a hard time defining my personal preferences sometimes, and am generally not aware of all the information in my surroundings.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
When it comes to seeing the interrelationships between certain things.

For example a friend of mine, (ENTP possibly), is extremely good at building new decks for the card game Magic the Gathering, he is always innovating and coming up with brilliant combinations, whereas I struggle to make even one decent deck and get it to fit together.

Although from time to time I will come up with a winner.

Now this might seem like an odd...literal interpretation and example, but since functions are conceived to be of a certain template that allows for context while still maintaining a recognisable form, it means that I could say this is an example of his Ti coming out and understanding the principals of how the card system works, then using this information as gathered through Ne with Si to come up with new ideas that are applicable to that system.

skitskitpotter

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A completely inferior Fe has difficulty finding its way about in the INTP's interior world of abstraction and theory. It is an all-or-nothing function. Normally, I am utterly removed. But because I am so easily affected by sensation and implication, the slightest, most inconsequential thing can swipe me completely off my feet in a sea of feelings I cannot understand. Whether these feelings are good or bad, I cannot help but encounter a sense of shame for allowing myself, even for a short period of time, to be illogical. I have terrible difficulty in describing what I feel, though getting things off my chest tends to help me. I am more prone to burst into tears when my Fe is involved than to attempt to describe what is happening, again due in part to the sense of guilt I receive in feeling. To attempt to counteract Fe, I become super-logical. I grow colder than usual with people and cannot help but attack every tiny logical inconsistency they make to rationalize myself. When I come across a problem that I may be unable to solve, I attack it with dogged logic that covers up my "weakness". This form of logic, while not in itself flawed, is founded on flawed principles that I ultimately realize are useless when I am able to control myself again. I find that my first defense mechanism is always intellectualization, when I go so far as to read extensively about emotion with the hope that I may be able to understand and control it. A great statement about the INTP that I read online once is that we are always in a state of "yin-yang"; when we are too emotional, we resort to logic, and when we are too logical, emotion takes over.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’m not entirely sure these things are inferior Se, but I guess it would make sense for them to be so I’ll mention them.

I need almost everything in my external environment to be exactly where I usually put it or I’m screwed, it can take me hours to find it. One day I couldn’t find my keys for four hours- I must have checked the fridge thoroughly about 20 times, I ended up missing a couple appointments- eventually I found them in the front door. I’d never taken them out of the doorknob the previous night. It took me four hours to figure this out. And so I have a sort of constant background anxiety about making sure everything important- keys, wallet, ipod, bills, etc- are in their designated place. I don’t need my place to be meticulously neat or clean, I just need for the important things to be exactly where I expect them to be.

I also find myself constantly checking to make sure I turned things off- or locked things. I wouldn’t say it’s to the point of OCD, but I can find myself walking away from my car thinking “Wait, did I lock the door?” several times before I remember to pay attention while actually doing it. I think maybe one of the things that separates this from OCD is that quite often I find I didn’t lock a door behind me, or unplug an iron, or whatever. It’s like I have the thought “I should do that”…..and then before I know it, I’m walking away wondering if I did it on autopilot or not.

That website sulfit linked lists these for inferior Se:

Se-inferior Types
• Obsessive focus on external data
• Overindulgence in sensual pleasure
• Adversarial attitude toward the outer world

What I already described probably falls under ‘obsessive focus on external data’. I don’t think I really do the overindulgence in sensual pleasure- or at least, I don’t notice it if I do. As far as ‘adversarial attitude toward the outer world’: I do get more bent out of shape than most people when someone/something in my external environment interrupts me, if I’m in the middle of something. My INFJ son has always had this problem too. If I have distinct path in my head that I’m following (on some task) and something in the external environment imposes change on that path, I have a really hard time going with the flow and changing the path as things come up. Like for example: running errands, and a hose busts in my car engine- even though it’s something which is relatively easy to fix, I can get unreasonably angry and feel overwhelmed with a "the sky is falling!" feeling if I don't remember to lighten up. Or back when I was writing papers in school- I couldn’t answer the phone or the doorbell while writing, because it’s too hard for me to switch gears. BUT if I know ahead of time there might be interruptions, then I’m far more adaptable- like if I expect someone to call in an hour, I can still write for that hour and not be driven crazy by switching my focus. I really have to know something is coming, though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The bad:

Rampant fear, constant nagging feeling that i have missed something vital, anxiety, abusing Ne to what-if all the possible disaster scenarios I should prep for, a dig-in-heels response to anything that is foreign or new of (especially if I cannot access NeFi to assess the dangers and skills required to deal with the situation), if pressured, the fear magnifies infinitely to the point where I act like a cat who is cornered, and god help those cornering me, even if its really a silly situation, my flight or fight response just gets blown out of proportion, and drama ensues.

The good:

I love the nostalgia I get from certain places, smells, emotions that trigger memories or memories that trigger emotions :heart.
It remembers peoples backgrounds and unique quirks so I can map out their personality, and occasionally conjures up the most funny trivia Ive read somewhere in my brain, to use in a situation. It keeps a file on all the situations Ive been in and the analysis Ive run on those with NeFiTe on how to handle those and those similar to them in the future. I love how I remember the melody of songs that I do not even know the title or artist of, and I can sing along without realising it. IN fact, I love it when my Fi and Si team up :heart:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In times when I consider myself 'unhealthy', I think negative aspects of enneagram and pure introversion are much more relevant than negative aspects of an inferior cog. function. So, withdrawal, seclusion, apathy/confusion/anxiety/negative emotions more at the forefront, irritability towards almost everything. I also tend to immobilize myself as I don't have the mental bandwidth or inspiration to do much of anything, and that in turn affects me physically, so it's a bit of a loop.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not sure which is my inferior function but here is how my stress goes:

-i have close to tears moments because i feel extra sensitive
-i feel like people let me down, like i have let them down
-sexual desire often increased, physical pleasure makes me forget about problems (idiotic if you ask me)
-i feel like crying for no reason
-i feel like i have a breaks in my head
-i feel pressure in my lungs like smth is constantly over my head and i can't handle it anymore. usually because i have too much tasks and can't think of all these problems, and please everybody and do everything and no one usually sees how much im trying and i don't wanna tell them cuz that makes me needy and i don't wanna be needy to others. I would like to present more to others but i feel like i have no strength to handle more and it makes me feel liek i have no space left for others and it's so frustrating. I all of the sudden become a burden and not the one who is burdened. And apparently i don't like it.