12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Forum Statistics - % Of MBTI Types

I pulled some numbers this evening on how many forum members we have of different MBTI types. There are actually two sets of numbers. First, I pulled the % of members that joined before 1/1/2010 - so that would be some of the original members. Then I pulled the currently active members, which are those that have posted since 1/1/2012.

A few questions:
    1. The consistency of the membership MBTI types across time sort of amazed me. Any ideas on why the percentage MBTI breakdown of the original members is so similar to the breakdown today?
    2. Why do you think there is such a heavy concentration of INXXs?
    3. We have a lot of Ni and Ne doms but there is a statistically significant number of INFPs in there as well. Thoughts on why this is?
    4. Do you have any suggestions on how to encourage participation of some of the less represented types?
    5. Do you have any other observations on this?

Last edited by highlander; 04-06-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The reason for the consistency is that more intuitives are interested in typology than sensors. The high concentration of INXX is due to their desire to find themselves. The reason for the INFPs being there is that they are INXX types. To bring in members of different types requires that the forum branch out into topics that interest people of those types.

Other observation: The chart is proof that the member IQ poll was correct in that the most popular range of IQs here is 132-145.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    To bring in members of different types requires that the forum branch out into topics that interest people of those types.
    What topics?

Other observation: The chart is proof that the member IQ poll was correct in that the most popular range of IQs here is 132-145.
    How do you get that?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    What topics?

How do you get that?
    1. I don't know what topics, but my impression from speaking with non-typologists is that they would be immediately turned off by the forum name. Especially most sensors.

2. I get that from statistics grouping IQ test results and MBTI scores. You'll be pleased to hear that, on average, the INTJ scores the highest on IQ tests, followed by those in the INTP category. The ISTJ is also right up there. The INFP/J are not slouches either, by any means.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

lol ISTP is by far the most common sensor and is even more common than ENxJs!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

1. I don't know what topics, but my impression from speaking with non-typologists is that they would be immediately turned off by the forum name. Especially most sensors.
    How about Typology and Football Central? Would that attract them?

2. I get that from statistics grouping IQ test results and MBTI scores. You'll be pleased to hear that, on average, the INTJ scores the highest on IQ tests, followed by those in the INTP category. The ISTJ is also right up there. The INFP/J are not slouches either, by any means.
    Do you have a link somewhere to the information supporting this?

Tri-type 639
    Likes Bknight liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    How about Typology and Football Central? Would that attract them?

Do you have a link somewhere to the information supporting this?
    I'm through helping for now. Believe what you will.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Just curious what long-term members thought about the number of INTPs. Is the number inflated because INTP is an appealing type and people just mistype themselves as this type frequently? Or are there so many for another reason?
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Is the number inflated because INTP is an appealing type and people just mistype themselves as this type frequently?
    Yes. And no. Yes, the numbers are inflated; no, it's not really an appealing type. It's just one of the types that (1) has gushy descriptions and (2) is described at length to the point that almost all personality traits are in some way or another rationalized to be connected to it. No wonder all these people relate to it.

Add to that a tendency for the other types, especially any S type (but even some ENxx types like ENTJ and ENFJ, which get treated almost like the N equivalent of SJs), to be given short shrift in descriptions, both in terms of content (some is plain wrong and uses language that would turn anyone off to the type) and length (you're not going to find long, loving, in-depth explanations of the ESTP, for instance, like you do with the INTP), and it all makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Or are there so many for another reason?
    What other reason could there be? It's absurd how many are willing to believe that INXXs are just drawn to typology more than any other type on the internet. How weak. Sometimes I feel like I'm in some sort of twilight zone when people say that stuff in all seriousness.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    What other reason could there be? It's absurd how many are willing to believe that INXXs are just drawn to typology more than any other type on the internet. How weak. Sometimes I feel like I'm in some sort of twilight zone when people say that stuff in all seriousness.
    The above indicates that 62% of the forum is INXX. So you think that all those people have their type wrong? There are an abundance of sensors in there? They would rather be introverts than extraverts? If I have my type wrong, why wouldn't I want to be an ESTP. It sounds like a lot more fun.

Tri-type 639