First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post

3.) Not following the question? Something different about Fi that stands out to you? Do you see interest in typology more related to the intuitive preference? The chart indicates the highest preference to Ji.
    I was looking at the dominant function. There are large numbers of people who have Ne or Ni as a dominant function. I guess what I was overlooking is that there a lot of Ti doms as well as Fi doms - both which have Ne as an auxiliary function. They key thing in common is Ne which seems to have a big influence on someone's interest in this stuff. Or maybe relative to people who have Ni as a dominant function, there are just more Ne'ers around in general. Haven't added up the statistics but I think Ne is much more common than Ni in the world.

There are a lot fewer individuals with Ni as an auxiliary function. Maybe that is because they are extraverts and on average, extraverts would rather be connecting with people face to face vs writing things down in front of their computer.

I think I'm tripping over myself in what I'm trying to communicate. If in fact intuitives are more interested in this stuff, it is interesting that the exception are those who have Ni as an auxiliary function. I wonder why that is.Why would an ENFP or ENTP be interested in this and an ENTJ or ENFJ not be?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    If I could see that you had a coherent argument, I would know whether I agreed with it. At this point, I'm unclear.

Thank you for your highly relevant uncited document which singehandedly negates my experiences with online ISTP descriptions, which is what I was discussing.

Even an S can read between the lines, my friend. If you take a look at the online descriptions out there, I'm sure your 135 IQ can manage to parse a few implications from the literal text.
    This is from the site I always go to first:
    "As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

You've got all these statistics of people who labelled themselves a specific type and then there are those who don't label themselves too. What are they?
    You've got the people who mistype themselves and the ones who type themselves beautifully enjoying a good bit of self-satisfied descriptions. Then it's the arguments of "N is beautified and S is an over-beaten pinata" which disproves itself when its the majority of people repeating the same thing. Unless some of us are enjoying a game of hypocrite, hmmm?
    We can say that mbti is in itself a subject matter to do with theoretical models of cognition... which of course is all mind fun about mind fun... so meta... and who likes to have fun with the mind about mind fun? This is no theory about the stars and planets. To some, maybe... but not to most. So why are the INs here testing IN? Bias? Self-denial? An inherited interest in psychology as an intangible subject? Sensors who believe they're intuitives on typec would more likely appear here on differing motivations than playing with their thoughts on theoretical models that hold to 'definition of intuition'. Tons of reasons an S might mistype themselves but not as many for the S to be interested in intuitive games. We have a problem... and that problem is the intangibility of psychology... the truth is playing with us like a snake on the 100th mark of snakes and ladders. Gotta play a bit more abstract.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    This is from the site I always go to first:
    "As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically."
    Perhaps the sarcasm was a little too abstract. Let me rephrase to be more direct.

My experience with the online S descriptions (as in, the ones that pop up in google when you say "ISTP description" or similar) is that they are overwhelmingly negative and boring, and I view them as inaccurate for myself and other Ss I've known.

Quoting snippets from one or two unnamed sites which (you believe) don't show this bias is fine and all, but does not negate my experiences as an S reading those descriptions, particularly when the same thing has been stated by many other Ss here over the years. This is hardly revolutionary information.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I used to write like that ^^ (Oakyage) back when I used QWERTY. After reading that excellent post I'm beginning to think typing with a Colemak setting is nothing but a huge liability.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Perhaps the sarcasm was a little too abstract. Let me rephrase to be more direct.

My experience with the online S descriptions (as in, the ones that pop up in google when you say "ISTP description" or similar) is that they are overwhelmingly negative and boring, and I view them as inaccurate for myself and other Ss I've known.

Quoting snippets from one or two unnamed sites which (you believe) don't show this bias is fine and all, but does not negate my experiences as an S reading those descriptions, particularly when the same thing has been stated by many other Ss here over the years. This is hardly revolutionary information.
    I forgot to add the site http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html

It sounds like it's about time the Ss started writing the type descriptions.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm reading another page on the ISTP and I can only conclude that - since all type descriptions are equally boring - you as a type don't want to be seen as boring or that you don't like boring things such as this.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I forgot to add the site http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html

It sounds like it's about time the Ss started writing the type descriptions.
    We tried to write some up awhile ago, actually - search the forums for type description wiki or something like that. It trailed off, too many Ps.

But if you find that thread, there is some good commentary on exactly what makes the descriptions inaccurate and biased. I don't really want to go through the details of the description again, but personalitypage is certainly one of the guilty sites.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

We tried to write some up awhile ago, actually - search the forums for type description wiki or something like that. It trailed off, too many Ps.

But if you find that thread, there is some good commentary on exactly what makes the descriptions inaccurate and biased. I don't really want to go through the details of the description again, but personalitypage is certainly one of the guilty sites.
    It's good enough for gubmint work. I've always been one to tout BOOKS over websites.