User Tag List

First 1422232425 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I think intuitive types are more likely to use forums and to see the value of mbti even if it doesn't correlate to some biological mechanism as they have a deeper understanding of the fluid nature of things.

For example, I think intuitive people are more likely to accept a non-literal heuristic for self-understanding.

That being said there are many brilliant sensors who are also able to do that as well....I just think that when it comes to the averages a different thing emerges. I also think that an INTP or INTJ finds all information useful for discerning knowledge. I believe that they are aware of the intra-system synergy which can be tapped into from an intellectual perspective.

For example: System A has some artifacts and idiosyncrasies which culminate in the following process of understanding
    data -> facts -> information -> knowledge -> wisdom

For example: System B has some artifacts and idiosyncrasies which culminate in the following process of understanding
    data -> facts -> information -> knowledge -> wisdom

After both systems are understood....both are viewed in conjunction
    data from system A and B that differs and overlaps -> facts from both systems that differ and overlap -> information derived between two systems -> knowledge derived between two systems -> wisdom derived between two systems.

In this way mbti becomes increasingly useful as any other system does for gaining knowledge and wisdom even if it is not measurable at the moment or ever will be. Even the zodiac becomes valuable with this regard even if one does not believe in astrology because it becomes a closed system which is circular in nature (nearly perfect and complete).
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes raissaroars liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    I can never understand anything you write.

Thank you for telling me so, many chose not to tell, I’d take it as a complement.
    But as for you, that’s a problem of mine, I should work on it.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

Thank you for telling me so, many chose not to tell, I’d take it as a complement.
    But as for you, that’s a problem of mine, I should work on it.
    I wouldn't call it a compliment, but I am not trying to insult you. A lot of the time it seems like many NTs are trying to exist on another plane of existence. It is quite possible a lot of people understand what you write, and I am in the minority.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    I wouldn't call it a compliment, but I am not trying to insult you. A lot of the time it seems like many NTs are trying to exist on another plane of existence. It is quite possible a lot of people understand what you write, and I am in the minority.

No we’re just like that, we never put effort on that, you shouldn’t feel strange that we’re different, instead take advantage.
    - - - -
    And sorry for this off topic post. :\
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm fairly new to all of this and I could be completely wrong here but maybe the lack of S's is due to them just being more active in real life? (I'm not saying N's are people who sit around computers all day.) Plus some S's I've run into tend to dislike being pigeonholed or people figuring them out or "getting them." So maybe some of this stuff runs them off? I could see where discussing theory would drive away Se's.
    “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” -Walt Disney

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    bad
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The changes look pretty insignificant. A few more ENFPs and ISFPs as compared to 2012. A little increase in ISFJs and INFPs. 2014 numbers include active numbers of each type that have been on since Jan 1 of 2014.

Idea1:
    Can you do this graph on how much they are posting, per type? (Divided by the active/signing-in members of that type).

Idea2:
    Can you do this graph on the occurrence of the word "no" in the sum of all posts (case insensitive, whole word), per type? (Divided by how much each type posts)

other nice words:
    - yes
    - maybe
    - you
    - me + myself + I
    - we + us
    - they + them
    Likes chickpea liked this post

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Exactly. There, I can only agree with you.
    But I don't just want to find more out about myself, but also about other types to learn more about psychology and social skills since mine are rather low.
    And by the way, my IQ is about 135 (used to be 140), which is in the range you mentioned.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Why don't we just read autobiography of less populous type to make up for the lack of members here? This way, we would know what their perspective would be like.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Hmmm. I wonder if this has changed at all since the forum overhaul...? I actually came back because I got emails about it to "check it out," and then I guess I got hooked.

Regardless, interesting data!

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Extraverted sensors all the way at the bottom and introverted intuitive freaks at the top. Interesting.