User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Mm

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Careful in what you think about my arguments Keps. I'm not in belief that a lot of people here are correct in their typings as much as I am to believe that a lot of people here are are intuitives by forum topic inclination. I'm speculating both arguments and saying that we cannot be sure of either because we don't have enough extra data beyond our intuition. And our intuitions like to be skeptical about a lot of things. Cynical skepticism is nice to have but a certain level of trust also keeps a good balance for a decent mind.
    I already said that bolded, but I see your point after that line, and you're correct of course.
    Love wouldn't exist without loneliness to inspire it.

Peach yogurt is made of love. And gnome kidneys. - Domino

I can cope and will cope without polluting my lungs. - Saslou

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    I already said that bolded, but I see your point after that line, and you're correct of course.
    Ah, not much reason for this debate to be ensued then I suppose. Perhaps a misunderstanding of the position of the other from both ends?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Mm

Unfortunately. Heh.
    Love wouldn't exist without loneliness to inspire it.

Peach yogurt is made of love. And gnome kidneys. - Domino

I can cope and will cope without polluting my lungs. - Saslou

Enneagram
    9w8

Hi,

I know this thread is over a year old now, but it addresses some interesting questions and brings to mind, for me, some real world observations. I've actually wondered about why there seems to be so many more introverts on the forum and I've come to this conclusion. A forum such as this is the perfect place for an introvert to have a conversation. Each person gets their turn to speak without being "cut-off" or interrupted.

It's also the perfect place for N-dominant people, especially introverted N dominants. N dominants tend to ask a lot of abstract questions and in the real world, I know from experience, asking those questions often makes people just shake their heads and look at you as if you are from another world.

While I realize that there have already been many valid points brought up and discussed in this thread, I would still like to go back to the original questions and add my two cents worth [and that's probably a fair assessment of the value of what I'm about to say. Still, two cents=two cents.]

1. The consistency of the membership MBTI types across time sort of amazed me. Any ideas on why the percentage MBTI breakdown of the original members is so similar to the breakdown today?
    I find this interesting and it may indicate that the type of people who are most interested in human personality development and cognitive development remain constant from year to year and even decade to decade. I would wager that most major theories and developments on those theories come from the groups most highly represented. That's not to say that others aren't interested, but that they aren't usually as interested.

2. Why do you think there is such a heavy concentration of INXXs?
    In the non-virtual world, I've brought up the subject of cognitive development, learning styles, etc., with co-workers, friends and family members. I would guess that 90% of the time, the Se/Si dominant folks are passingly interested in typology, more as a curiosity than anything. They want to know where they fit, sometimes, and then move on to the business of living. Some of them just really don't care about that sort of stuff. One Si dominant person I know says to me when I approach him about typology, "You're silly." Or "You're talking about that...again?" An ESTJ family member is interested in personality, but she wants to neatly just stick everybody into a little box and says, "You're a red. You're a blue. You're a yellow. You're a white." [she's into the color coded personality stuff]. She really does have a hard time understanding why others don't see the world just like she does and do things "the right way." I will say that of the ST's in my life, ESTPs and ISTPs seem to have more of an interest in typology, as a general rule. I've gotten very little response from the SF people I know.

3. We have a lot of Ni and Ne doms but there is a statistically significant number of INFPs in there as well. Thoughts on why this is?
    I think INFPs are better at writing than they are at speaking and it just so happens that a forum offers them the time they need to formulate what they want to say and guarantees them an audience of some sort.

4. Do you have any suggestions on how to encourage participation of some of the less represented types?
    No, but I wish I did.

5. Do you have any other observations on this?
    Not right now.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Why are the most common letters I, N, F, and P, (even if INTPs are more common than INFPs)?

I'm also wondering which types averave the mosts posts-per-day.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Why are the most common letters I, N, F, and P, (even if INTPs are more common than INFPs)?

It's because of people mistyping themselves.

And weren't you INTP?..

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    It's because of people mistyping themselves.
    What, are people most prone (INFPs at the top) to mistyping as INTP or something?

And weren't you INTP?..
    And wasn't I ISTP? Or ENTP? Or INFJ? Or whatever else!?

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post

The stats are untrustworthy - I've seen stats which label thinkers as rarer than feelers and vice versa but also INFPs being one of the most common N types (second to ENFPs.) If I dig up my sources I let you know.

I sudpect that most if not all INFPs here are typed correctly or are mistypes from a close relative type. It's not like personalitycafe in that regard. I think that these places are appealing because they are related to the human condition but also provide answers and/or suggestions to issues and dilemmas and allow opportunities to optimise performance e.g. suggesting occupations and lifestyles which they were initially unsure about. There is also assistance in there for inferior-Je shortfalls - the world is a difficult place to navigate and advance in.

I have heard several INTPs say "they like MBTI but it's not their favourite subject" including Brad on the NFGeeks videos. I guess the human condition doesn't carry the same appeal and it is reflected in their numbers.

If I were to suggest "they're all mistypes!" I would follow this line of reasoning:

I - internet tests do not measure for an "inner world" (from what I understand every introvert possesses one of some design or another) and extroverts type themselves as I as they cast their mind in favour of anomalies e.g. that time they didn't want to socialose or they were quiet in the corner instead of their usual behaviour and focus on the world outside of themselves.
    N - Fuelled by SFJs who have got in touch with their Ne creative, STJs who have their own "visionary style and SFP where their FiSeNi or SeFiNi combination has created a creativitt juggernaut which produces different art forms as if they are coming off an assembly line.
    F - No Fi and Fe clarification. Also questions which seem to ask justice vs mercy (as if it were T and F). I don't think it's type related - a T can choose mercy if its a more logical choice and an F can choose justice or vengeance to settle a value dispute if it is irrational. Perfect example: The Landsmeet on Dragon Age Origins. Plus many thinkers want to be fair and fairness in the western sense is compassoon and generosity.
    P - Not as much as a problem. However many a P who do not understand the theory as much may confuse their structured and ordered inner world (due to Ji) for them actually being a judger. I suspect the same can occur for J's who don't take themselves as seriously as much as they take the rest of the world (due to Pi). They feasibly could conclude that they are laid back and easy going after introspecting.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    What frustrates me about the quote that @Orangey just posted, is that they don't make any differentiation between types of theory. As an SJ generally, learning about theory is fun if you know that the theory has a practical application. So, frankly, there's theory that has a practical application, and there's theory that doesn't.
    Very good point.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I wonder if these percentages have changed at all since they were originally posted.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639