First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I must admit if I could rewrite INTP descriptions id just put a picture of you without any underpants on...buying yesterdays milk.
    I don't know your mbti because you keep changing it, so here's your 6w7 description.

tumblr_l3yeqqI0eW1qc1g5po1_500.jpg
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I've pointed in the direction of the problem. Ss want descriptions that sound exciting and positive, not boring and negative. I know what would happen if Ss made up the N descriptions, don't you?
    I'd settle for plain old "semi-accurate", but that's just me.
    -end of thread-

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I don't know your mbti because you keep changing it, so here's your 6w7 description.

tumblr_l3yeqqI0eW1qc1g5po1_500.jpg
    He he he I like it.

"WUBBLE"

ps: On my type I thought you downgraded, or upgraded or sidegraded me to INFP?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I've pointed in the direction of the problem. Ss want descriptions that sound exciting and positive, not boring and negative. I know what would happen if Ss made up the N descriptions, don't you?
    I really think it's just the highly intelligent S's that take offense at how the descriptions are written. For me... I have zero issues with the ISFP descriptions I've read. Almost all of them have been spot on. It doesn't say that I'm super smart or anything, but that's not a major concern for me since I'm more interested in the artistic side of life. Admittedly, I haven't read many of the other descriptions in depth, so I'm not sure how well or how poorly they are written. I did read INTJ (because of my husband) and to me it was a snoozefest. Again, that's not surprising given my interests.

I don't think I'd want to rewrite any of the N's descriptions because I don't know how the N's mind works to be honest... I'm still trying to figure my husband out when it comes to that... For that same reason, I think that's the problem with an N writing some of the S's descriptions.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    If I called myself INTP and made a thread declaring that "your mom..." jokes were an Ne-Ti form of humor, it would be accepted at face value as true and people would start to give examples of how they've been misunderstood by dumb Ss in their lives every time they try and say a "your mom..." joke. If we're lucky, we might even get some asshole to come in and declare that "no, it's not Ne-Ti! It's Ni-Te!"
    Ironically, as a semi-tangent, my ESFP kid is pissing everyone in the family off lately because he won't stop with the "... your mom" jokes. Everything someone says, he adds some twist with "[whatever] your mom" on the end... sometimes with risque results.

My INTP kid and I think they're somewhat funny at certain times due to the inappropriateness factor, but at other times they just come off as banal. Anyway, kudos to those wacky Te-Ni ESFPs.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'd settle for plain old "semi-accurate", but that's just me.
    ! And something that doesn't include the word "mechanic", for once!

I'd be happy with an ESTJ description that doesn't talk about working in business, or the government, or the military. (The middle management thing is actually pretty accurate, as long as it's elaborated upon more than it is in other descriptions, so your first image is an effective middle manager, and not Lumbergh from "Office Space".)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

I'd like a description that includes instructions on getting rich.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'd be happy with an ESTJ description that doesn't talk about working in business, or the government, or the military...
    "ESTJs invest themselves intently and realistically in whatever they try to accomplish -- they do it hard, and they do it well -- whether drinking, smoking, running illicit drug cartels or arms smuggling rings, or making INFPs cry. In all of these pursuits, they are typically matter of fact and very successful."

Is that better?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "ESTJs invest themselves intently and realistically in whatever they try to accomplish -- they do it hard, and they do it well -- whether drinking, smoking, running illicit drug cartels or arms smuggling rings , or making INFPs cry.In all of these pursuits, they are typically matter of fact and very successful."

Is that better?
    She said unrelated to working in business, or the government, or the military...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    She said unrelated to working in business, or the government, or the military...
    I tried. I had trouble coming up with other examples without any such connections... aside from making INFPs cry. Sorry.

Wait. Dennis Rader, the BTK serial murderer, was a deacon in his church, and he seems to be an ESTJ.

Does that help?