User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You're projecting.
    You don't annoy me. I don't even read your threads. The only time I've noticed you do something annoying is when you voted in a thread for INTPs, on their behalf. If you can't figure out why that's offensive then, no, you wouldn't last long @INTPc.

Myself and Spartacuss might have been the only people to comment on your faux pas, but I assure you you probably pissed off every INTP in that thread, as well as the OP.

Still, water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. I know a lot of ppl are happy you're here.
    I actually didn't offend every INTP in that thread, because I received positive reps, and one INTP even asked me to elaborate on my experiences. But I digress; I can see why the two of you were offended, because you explained it to me, and I'm glad to understand that perspective a little better now.

However, the fact that the reaction to my post was so immediate and so hostile is the exact situation I was thinking of, when I said that people wouldn't like me on INTPc.

Good that it's water under the bridge, though. When I see reactions like that to my statements, I assume that they're taking it personally and using it to make a value judgment/personal grudge. But that's because I hang out with so many NFs; I forget that NTs don't necessarily operate that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    But by trying to explain why she had voted INFJ, she also made herself an easy target.
    I know that now. I even thought I was helping by doing that; I thought INTPs preferred it when they got more complete data. Obviously that instinct misled me.
    In general, I'm not a big fan of sensors, but the ones that stick around tend to be much more sophisticated than average.
    Do you have Sensor friends? Do you prefer your iNtuitive friends? (Just curious and not provoking)

Edit: The reason why I posted in that thread for someone else, was honestly because I have not seen a single thread on TypeC that was directed at one type, that wasn't answered by another type on that type's behalf. I've had INTPs answer questions about the ESTJs they know. Which is why Spartacuss and Salome blew me out of the water when they reacted that way; I had seen INTPs who were completely fine with that, because they had partaken in that pattern of behavior themselves. I thought I was following the correct conduct code.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

ISFJs like to learn new things all the time, just like anybody with any ounce of curiosity about the world.

I see there is no point in arguing with you, though, as you will simply deny that there is anything wrong with the descriptions because, for whatever reason, you are motivated to do so.
    I didnt say they dont like to learn anything new. I simply agree with the description based on my personal experiences. Do you know any ISFJs that skipped a grade in school? Do you know any with a 140 IQ? I do.

That is two different people by the way.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I didnt say they dont like to learn anything new. I simply agree with the description based on my personal experiences. Do you know any ISFJs that skipped a grade in school? Do you know any with a 140 IQ? I do.
    In what areas do they use this excellence in school, and high IQ? Part of the issue with that description, I guess, is that people associate disinterest in book learning with lack of intelligence, lack of critical or abstract thinking skill, and inability (as opposed to unwillingness) to spend a lot of time thinking philosophically -- even though that isn't necessarily true.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Do you have Sensor friends?
    Yes. I think my best friend irl is an ESTP-ish ESFJ. But to be honest, we don't talk much. He's pretty fun, but not intelectually stimulating.

Do you prefer your iNtuitive friends?
    I think law school attracts a lot of sensors here, so I haven't made intuitive friends irl. I met a pretty smart INTJ there, but he was a bit arrogant for my tastes.

A big part of why I enjoy mbti personality forums so much is because I need to make up for the lack of intuitive stimulation irl. Even with all the mistyped people, I do believe the ratio of intuitives here is much bigger than average.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a sensor perspective on things I find interesting. I learn a lot reading you, Halla, Orangey, among others.

I'm asking for information; not trying to provoke.

edit: ^I wasn't being sarcastic.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    But since the MBTI really is bs, it doesn't matter.
    Why do you think MBTI is BS? I have similar opinions and especially on the functions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I know that now. I even thought I was helping by doing that; I thought INTPs preferred it when they got more complete data. Obviously that instinct misled me.
    Edit: The reason why I posted in that thread for someone else, was honestly because I have not seen a single thread on TypeC that was directed at one type, that wasn't answered by another type on that type's behalf. I've had INTPs answer questions about the ESTJs they know. Which is why Spartacuss and Salome blew me out of the water when they reacted that way; I had seen INTPs who were completely fine with that, because they had partaken in that pattern of behavior themselves. I thought I was following the correct conduct code.
    You weren't supposed to vote, but you acknowledged it before giving your perspective. Which btw was pretty interesting.

Problem is some people seem to have an automatic ''lololo stupid sensor!'' reaction whenever they see a sensor making a minor mistake.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

A big part of why I enjoy mbti personality forums so much is because I need to make up for the lack of intuitive stimulation irl.
    That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a sensor perspective on things I find interesting. I learn a lot reading you, Halla, Orangey, among others.
    One big reason I find this perspective to be BS (i.e., the idea that there's such thing as a sensor perspective or intuitive perspective) is because no one would even know the difference if I said I was an N type.

When I identified as an N, it was an N perspective. Now it's an S perspective because I say I'm S.

Wonderful. If I didn't find a more solid way to understand type than the stuff that gets propagated on this forum, I'd have given up on it as completely full of shit.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

That is two different people by the way.
    You said:

It doesn't say they don't like learning or school. It doesn't say they aren't intelligent. They don't like studying theory. They are about practical application and prefer to do things they know how to do and to do them well vs. theorizing about application of abstract concepts or having the stress of having to learn and do new things all the time.
    This has a couple of problems.

1. Like @EJCC said, all academic learning involves theory and abstraction. So to say that SJs like to learn in school, but they don't like to learn theory makes no sense. The description I quoted recognizes this fact and at least has the sense to be consistent about it.
    2. You suggest that learning new things is stressful for SJs.

And all of this was in an effort to make the original description that I quoted seem more innocuous. You said "it doesn't say they don't like learning or school." Well, but it does. It literally and specifically says, "ISFJs learn best by doing, rather than by reading about something in a book, or applying theory...Traditional methods of higher education, which require a lot of theorizing and abstraction, are likely to be a chore for the ISFJ."

So I don't know what you're on about.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Then I apologise for misreading the situation. I think another non-INTP posted who she thought was best for her Dad or something, rather than who he was currently with, which is a massive . I think the OP even specifically requested that people not do that. Anyway, it's just a damned poll, not that important. INTPs can be resentful of the way ESJs have a habit of encroaching or giving unsolicited advice or just telling us we're basically doing it wrong in our day2day lives (most of us have SJ parents/teachers/bosses), so we can bit a bit tetchy and sensitive about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    (most of us have SJ parents/teachers/bosses),
    Really?

Is there a reason for that? More SJ's?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.