User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    To be honest, my perspective is that N types (who end up writing many of these online descriptions) are generous with the subjects they know... iNtuition. They don't really grasp Sensing very well, so you don't really see a lot of great descriptions of it. So I wouldn't say it's necessarily purposeful diminishing of Sensing behavior and motivation, it's just a form of cluelessness about how such a thing works.

I know we tried to encourage more Sensors to write their own type descriptions, or maybe Sensors and Intuitives work together on this site to create descriptions for all the types and/or functions, but I'm not sure how much progress was really made in that area.
    Definitely true.
    The thing is, this is one of the few places that we can associate with people who see the world the way we do (other iNtuitives). Do we really have to sacrifice that too? The whole fucking world is Sensor dominant. Let us have our little corner of the interwebz!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

What frustrates me about the quote that @Orangey just posted, is that they don't make any differentiation between types of theory. As an SJ generally, learning about theory is fun if you know that the theory has a practical application. So, frankly, there's theory that has a practical application, and there's theory that doesn't.

Example: I have some ISFJ friends who are Political Science majors. There's so much goddamn theory in there -- but it makes an effort to explain the political world, and therefore the world in general, because the political world completely shapes how people live. But learning these things means understanding the problem, which means being better prepared to create a solution. These ISFJ friends study theory day and night, but their motivation is practical.

Because of the way that ISFJ excerpt was phrased, it sounded like ISFJs in general dislike abstract book learning, and that it doesn't come naturally to them. That is incorrect, and poorly phrased, and a perfect example of what Orangey and @Randomnity and I have been saying: SJ and ISTP type descriptions are misleading and poorly worded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I know we tried to encourage more Sensors to write their own type descriptions, or maybe Sensors and Intuitives work together on this site to create descriptions for all the types and/or functions, but I'm not sure how much progress was really made in that area.
    I remember when that was going around the forum. I ended up not writing an ESTJ description because I feel unqualified to write it. I feel like, if I wrote one, it would seem completely amateurish. I don't know what everyone else's motivation was, but that was mine.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Definitely true.
    The thing is, this is one of the few places that we can associate with people who see the world the way we do (other iNtuitives). Do we really have to sacrifice that too? The whole fucking world is Sensor dominant. Let us have our little corner of the interwebz!!
    Houston, we've found the reason why there are no Sensors on TypeC.

We obviously aren't wanted.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Houston, we've found the reason why there are no Sensors on TypeC.

We obviously aren't wanted.
    Hey gurl, I'm not wanted either and it doesn't stop me.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Hey gurl, I'm not wanted either and it doesn't stop me.
    I'm sure it stops load of SJs, though.

I have no doubt of the hostile environment that would await me if I joined, for example, INTPc. When I'm courteous and civil to people here, they like me, but on INTPc, I would annoy people simply by existing. Kind of like all I have to do to annoy you, Salome, is to exist, and use my primary function. If there weren't people here who liked me anyway, I wouldn't stick around.

I have no doubt of the hostile environment that would await me if I joined, for example, INTPc. When I'm courteous and civil to people here, they like me, but on INTPc, I would annoy people simply by existing. Kind of like all I have to do to annoy you, Salome, is to exist, and use my primary function. If there weren't people here who liked me anyway, I wouldn't stick around.
    Try INTJf. It's also pretty brutal but what's funny, is that much of the brutality comes not only from NTs but STs too.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Definitely true.
    Life is hard, huh?

Don't worry, there's always INTPc if you want to drown in a sea of people who "see the world the way you do".
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You're projecting.
    You don't annoy me. I don't even read your threads. The only time I've noticed you do something annoying is when you voted in a thread for INTPs, on their behalf. If you can't figure out why that's offensive then, no, you wouldn't last long @INTPc.

Myself and Spartacuss might have been the only people to comment on your faux pas, but I assure you you probably pissed off every INTP in that thread, as well as the OP.

Still, water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. I know a lot of ppl are happy you're here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Life is hard, huh?

Don't worry, there's always INTPc if you want to drown in a sea of people who "see the world the way you do".
    They're a bunch of fucking psychos.
    What are you trying to say?

It's not so bad here. Just so long as we can keep the N/S balance roughly the same.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Myself and Spartacuss might have been the only people to comment on your faux pas, but I assure you you probably pissed off every INTP in that thread, as well as the OP.
    She had misread it. Besides, a lot of people cast troll votes on similar threads and no one even bothers mentioning (mostly intuitives btw).

But by trying to explain why she had voted INFJ, she also made herself an easy target.

In general, I'm not a big fan of sensors, but the ones that stick around tend to be much more sophisticated than average.