User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

An INTJ faced with a salty pie loving ISTJ would possibly have no reply at all. He might be calculating escape routes or he might have to humour the guy as a client or a boss. There would have been a lot of shop talk already.

Something like 1 in 10 people are ISTJ. It's not a crime to love salty pie.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

So you're at peace with his declaration? Not looking for more answers? See its all a very serene feeling then isn't it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

More interest in why he as an individual made the declaration? Probably not. More interest in compiling data in general on what makes him tick? Unless there's some purpose, no. Probably more of a bored feeling than serene though.

Being INJ in a lot of ways means being dissatisfied. Persistent vision of potential future, usually emphasizing change and growth, puts one automatically at odds with mundane realities. You care for tomorrow rather than today and you sacrifice your time to it. It might be the INPs that are better at serenity.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    More interest in why he as an individual made the declaration? Probably not. More interest in compiling data in general on what makes him tick? Unless there's some purpose, no. Probably more of a bored feeling than serene though.

Being INJ in a lot of ways means being dissatisfied. Persistent vision of potential future, usually emphasizing change and growth, puts one automatically at odds with mundane realities. You care for tomorrow rather than today and you sacrifice your time to it. It might be the INPs that are better at serenity.
    I identify with this. I think this is frustrating to other types as I am often trying to prevent problems and perfect relationships that matter to me to an extent that perhaps I am even creating problems for others. It's just that I see what it very realistically could be (I'm not talking about making over another person or trying to change their basic makeup) and it's hard to be satisfied with just letting things remain as they are. To me, being in any friendship or relationship should change us both for the better in some way. Therefore just flowing along as we are indefinitely doesn't seem right somehow - there should be some kind of growth and change.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think this is very much true. Agree with you completely.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't really see ni as being calm and focussed. At least for me, it is unsettled until temporarily resolved, but even resolution just brings with it a whole new set of possibilities that need to be investigated and resolved as well. I don't feel stormy inside, but I don't think I can ever feel perfectly at rest, even if I am not unhappy with my life.

I'm not sure about INTJs (suspect it's different), but I think a partner has to deal with a lot when they sign up to be with an INFJ for life. I think it is could be easy to feel as if the INFJ is always somehow dissatisfied with something. Not in a critical or pessimistic, hopeless way, but usually not as focussed on the present as they are on some ever changing point in the future. I could see how that could be difficult for some types to identify with, understand or interpret in the right way.

The INFJ would sometimes wish they could see it too (what was distressing them, their vision for what could be, and who knows what else) so they felt more in tune with the other person, while the other person would just wish the INFJ could chill out, let go and live a little more in the moment.

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

An INTJ faced with a salty pie loving ISTJ would possibly have no reply at all. He might be calculating escape routes or he might have to humour the guy as a client or a boss. There would have been a lot of shop talk already.

Something like 1 in 10 people are ISTJ. It's not a crime to love salty pie.
    Something comparable happened to me, though not pie related. I'm INFJ so maybe it's different, but what would happen is I might get this great magnificient idea as to how they could enhance the pie recipe, their concept, find their niche and become the best pie place in town.

MBTI
    INTJ

I chatted with an ISTJ dentist once. He was in fact eating a small tart at the time and quite enjoying it. He was talking though about how he'd become quite successful as a dentist on TV shows for children even though he disliked children in general. Apparently he just was too good at putting them at ease. He also reassured me on a dentist I'd seen in another country. I suspected that other dentist of damaging the enamel of one tooth while fixing another. I thought he did it deliberately to generate business. The ISTJ pointed out that while a dentist might do this, the return business he'd get out of it would come probably only several years later and probably therefore wasn't actually what had happened.

As a matter of fact, he was quite a serene-seeming fellow. He radiated competence and calm good cheer together with a curiously satisfactory mixture of engagement with the immediate environment and yet a turning of the environment to expression of his own interests. He was socially capable and interested.

Boy meets Grr

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post

complex people are good tho...people that we'll never quite figure out. people with endless inner worlds.
    Ive always wondered about this. What is complex afterall? Is it a person who doesnt know what they want and so revels in their inconsistancy, allowing others to perceive a depth that may or may not be there? Or is it those who go out of their way to appear different and to appear mysterious so as to fit a preconceived notion of what complexity is?

I do wonder if what is appealing in complexity is merely what is most obviously complex. Would you notice the quiet but hard working individual in the background, who seems to be dull but who has never been probed upon his or her inner world because people were too busy looking for the obviously different, rather than the subtly different?

I think people enjoy a mystery when it is out in front of them, paraded like a taunt. When it comes to those on the sidelines, the forgotten ones, the ones who are truely a mystery; no one notices.

I suppose it is like rarity. Rarity is valued based on the quality of how rare the object or person in question is. But rarity alone does not define the quality of that person or object. A serial killer is rare, but hardly of value to an individual or society. On the other hand I suppose a saint is also rare and I cant deny that a serial killer can be interesting.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Agreed.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau