User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Really? So this means something. I'm not sure what but something.

What are the sparkly things?

This says what appeals to an ENFPs interests.
    sparkly as i mean it...is the new and unusual...the askew..the different perspective...the quirky folk...the people who say things that surprise me.

and simply...new people that i don't have figured out yet. it's like searching for puzzles...newer more challenging puzzles.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    sparkly as i mean it...is the new and unusual...the askew..the different perspective...the quirky folk...the people who say things that surprise me.

and simply...new people that i don't have figured out yet. it's like searching for puzzles...newer more challenging puzzles.
    Ah - so then do ENFPs get along with INTJs because they are askew and quirky folk that are a challenging puzzle?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

it means that i don't yet make sense of it. i feel like i need to think about it more....and yes...it feels as tho you say...not yet cooked.

it's just...ne i get...it's the hornets nest inside my brain...but what does it feel like for ni dom. it seems as tho it would be all serene and focused.

so...just asking...for the same reason i was asking about fe. it's seems on one hand totally alien...and on the other...i feel i can relate...sometimes.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... <- serene and focused, thus -> ........ what is this "sense" to you?

Sense to me tends to mean I have a coherent image in my head to show what I now believe is the real story of what's going on around me. My understanding is that this happens a lot for Ne types, but a moment later they'll see a new idea for how to understand it all. The Ni type will tend to stick with their image and carry it forward. (In their own head the images may change a lot but as far as dealing with the outside world is concerned, they'll maintain they're right and will avoid changing *the idea* in the moment.)

Ne, it seems to me, will lead a person to new global ideas, that change and develop from moment to moment as the environment appears to change. Se will, by contrast, lead a person to new local experiences, which change and develop from moment to moment as the environment is explored.

As far as the original topic goes, personally I notice that in the environment, I'm more about local experience. If I'm out and about and doing, then I'm seeing colours, watching movement, choosing paths, etc. The getting of global understandings does NOT(usually) happen in an environment. It all comes about later during reflection where everything gets joined up into some connection.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ah - so then do ENFPs get along with INTJs because they are askew and quirky folk that are a challenging puzzle?
    that seems likely...i personally don't know any.

but yes...i'm an odd person magnet.

also...it's where some of that greener pasture syndrome comes from....needing more intellectual stimulation...complex people are good tho...people that we'll never quite figure out. people with endless inner worlds.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... <- serene and focused, thus -> ........ what is this "sense" to you?

Sense to me tends to mean I have a coherent image in my head to show what I now believe is the real story of what's going on around me. My understanding is that this happens a lot for Ne types, but a moment later they'll see a new idea for how to understand it all. The Ni type will tend to stick with their image and carry it forward. (In their own head the images may change a lot but as far as dealing with the outside world is concerned, they'll maintain they're right and will avoid changing *the idea* in the moment.)

Ne, it seems to me, will lead a person to new global ideas, that change and develop from moment to moment as the environment appears to change. Se will, by contrast, lead a person to new local experiences, which change and develop from moment to moment as the environment is explored.

As far as the original topic goes, personally I notice that in the environment, I'm more about local experience. If I'm out and about and doing, then I'm seeing colours, watching movement, choosing paths, etc. The getting of global understandings does NOT(usually) happen in an environment. It all comes about later during reflection where everything gets joined up into some connection.
    ahhhhhh!!! my head just exploded a lil!

the aim here...is to get it from the inside out.. to make sense of it is to feel as tho i have shared the experience internally and fully comprehend it.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

ahhhhhh!!! my head just exploded a lil!

the aim here...is to get it from the inside out.. to make sense of it is to feel as tho i have shared the experience internally and fully comprehend it.
    Okay.

Just as a data point if ever you want to think about it, I really want to say that this is Se/Ni.

I'm pretty sure if you handcuff an Ne person to a stove and demand they tell the truth, they'll say they comprehend externally. For Ne, the meaning and content is "out there". For the person, there definitely will be something they draw inside and reflect upon. I'm not sure if they'll draw comprehension inside. They'll draw in the experience itself, uncomplicated by interpretation. Maybe.

Damn.

That sure felt like I was drawing a distinction between the two processes, but imagery seems to be making it hard to tell them apart. Now I don't actually know which image to properly attach to what you're saying.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

see?? it's frustrating! the deeper you get the harder it is to distinguish the two!

and as i sit here...i'm having a difficult time grasping what "out there " even means...maybe some other day when my head wasn't so twisty i'd get it more.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

that seems likely...i personally don't know any.

but yes...i'm an odd person magnet.

also...it's where some of that greener pasture syndrome comes from....needing more intellectual stimulation...complex people are good tho...people that we'll never quite figure out. people with endless inner worlds.
    Interesting. Learned something new today.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

see?? it's frustrating! the deeper you get the harder it is to distinguish the two!
    I must unfortunately disagree. It's finding the right words that's hard, and the lack of words either is a lack of words or a lack of clarity in vision on which to hang words. /Ni dom

and as i sit here...i'm having a difficult time grasping what "out there " even means...maybe some other day when my head wasn't so twisty i'd get it more.
    "out there": not dependent on you, not created by you.

Things that are "out there" can be shared directly with other people. As opposed to "in here". Things that are "in here" usually require some translation.

ISTJ: This is the best tasting apple pie EVA!
    ESFP: Wha--? It's totally waaaay too salty!
    ISTJ: I see you don't know what real apple pie should be.

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I must unfortunately disagree. It's finding the right words that's hard, and the lack of words either is a lack of words or a lack of clarity in vision on which to hang words. /Ni dom

"out there": not dependent on you, not created by you.

Things that are "out there" can be shared directly with other people. As opposed to "in here". Things that are "in here" usually require some translation.

ISTJ: This is the best tasting apple pie EVA!
    ESFP: Wha--? It's totally waaaay too salty!
    ISTJ: I see you don't know what real apple pie should be.
    Okay but as an enfp I would try and figure out what they meant by that. Are they saying its better than that pie we had at that cafe that time!? Or are they trying to be nice for such n such reason? Is apple pie their absolute favorite dessert? Wouldn't they have preferred we ordered the tiramisu instead? Pie reminds me of my grandma... Etc etc etc

Haha what would be the intj response?
    -Jim Morrison