User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay...that helps @INTP and thank you @uumlau too

it's still weird...i'll try and talk to my mom more about her ni ness tho she has no idea what it means
    i feel like i need to sit with someone and say...okay...this is how i'm going about it...etc etc
    and then hear their process.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

What's it like being ni dom?
    I dont possess a strong Ni, in fact im fairly sure it's a shadow for me, but if those Ni dom's ive interacted with are anything to go off: It's like being a complete cracker jack where you have most of the crackers and all of the jack.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    okay...that helps @INTP and thank you @uumlau too

it's still weird...i'll try and talk to my mom more about her ni ness tho she has no idea what it means
    i feel like i need to sit with someone and say...okay...this is how i'm going about it...etc etc
    You keep on saying things that sound like the pursuit of introverted perception: collect data, then wait for synthesis. That emphasis on waiting suggests you tend to view themes or insights or overarching narratives as relatively untrustworthy but still available. The inner world is murky but not too terrible and if you just give it some time, something may coalesce and become believable.

This, I think, is rather like what it's like to be an Ni dom. Or perhaps I project. (And it might be like the process of Si too.)

And if I'd finished off instead with "something may coalesce and become believable. Meanwhile, gather more data" then it might sound more like Se dom. Or even, Jung forbid, Ne dom. (But I prefer to say Se/Ni because I suspect "gather" is different from whatever verb an Ne perp would use.)

/didn't stop while ahead
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    This, I think, is rather like what it's like to be an Ni dom. Or perhaps I project. (And it might be like the process of Si too.)
    ESFP?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ

I hope so. We lost a good one when SweetandSour turned. It's long past time we got a body back.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I love this thread btw ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

You keep on saying things that sound like the pursuit of introverted perception: collect data, then wait for synthesis. That emphasis on waiting suggests you tend to view themes or insights or overarching narratives as relatively untrustworthy but still available. The inner world is murky but not too terrible and if you just give it some time, something may coalesce and become believable.

And if I'd finished off instead with "something may coalesce and become believable. Meanwhile, gather more data" then it might sound more like Se dom. Or even, Jung forbid, Ne dom. (But I prefer to say Se/Ni because I suspect "gather" is different from whatever verb an Ne perp would use.)

/didn't stop while ahead
    haha well for fun i read something on esfp just now and i do relate to a lot of it...except...i unfortunately do not live very much in the present at all and no one who knows me would confuse me for someone who is aware of their surroundings! haha unfortunately...no really it is unfortunate. i envy those that can just be in the moment and experience all the lovely sensation of it all...i truly do

the point of thread really was not my questioning it...i just truly wonder what it feels like to be a ni dom...or rather just how ni feels differently than ne. i also wonder why i feel like i relate to it in some ways.

and i wonder if other ne users do too

but very interesting thoughts kalach thanks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

haha well for fun i read something on esfp just now and i do relate to a lot of it...except...i unfortunately do not live very much in the present at all and no one who knows me would confuse me for someone who is aware of their surroundings! haha unfortunately...no really it is unfortunate. i envy those that can just be in the moment and experience all the lovely sensation of it all...i truly do

the point of thread really was not my questioning it...i just truly wonder what it feels like to be a ni dom...or rather just how ni feels differently than ne. i also wonder why i feel like i relate to it in some ways.

and i wonder if other ne users do too

but very interesting thoughts kalach thanks.

So what's

This:
    i sincerely appreciate all of you all writing your thoughts on this tho...i'm going to let it marinate.
    And this:

I ask (and not really specifically about just those two examples, but) because you often appear to be talking with concepts in mind. It's not that you show off the concepts. They're background. And kind of secret background. That may or may not be done cooking.

Seems Ni. As opposed, say, to Ne (or Si).

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

but...we're not actually. i mean that i don't think ne doms are very aware of what's going on around us. i think that's why we like sparkly...or unusual things so much because everything is always a haze...all of it just blending together and rarely focused on...but the sparkly things jump out at us.
    Really? So this means something. I'm not sure what but something.

What are the sparkly things?

This says what appeals to an ENFPs interests.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

So what's

This:

And this:

I ask (and not really specifically about just those two examples, but) because you often appear to be talking with concepts in mind. It's not that you show off the concepts. They're background. And kind of secret background. That may or may not be done cooking.

Seems Ni. As opposed, say, to Ne (or Si).
    it means that i don't yet make sense of it. i feel like i need to think about it more....and yes...it feels as tho you say...not yet cooked.

it's just...ne i get...it's the hornets nest inside my brain...but what does it feel like for ni dom. it seems as tho it would be all serene and focused.

so...just asking...for the same reason i was asking about fe. it's seems on one hand totally alien...and on the other...i feel i can relate...sometimes.
    -Jim Morrison