User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    -A lot of things emerge fully formed. If I've had to write an essay, or something like that, I just kind of stash the info in my head and when I come to write it, it's pretty much written itself mentally; including the way I'm going to phrase it, the connections involved, etc
    Definitely sounds like magic to me too!
    No fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Definitely sounds like magic to me too!
    No fair.
    I think Ni-doms are supposed to be good writers generally, but I think for me writing works like that not just because I'm Ni-dom but because that's where any of my talents lie... I imagine that for an Ni-dom visual artist (though they're perhaps more often Ne-dom?) it would be a similar process?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    It's a worldview. Everything is understood in terms of cause and effect, as opposed to what things are and what kind of thing is something (archetypes, Si).
    How can people really think in terms of anything else than cause and effect though? The only thing constant is change, so giving something a permanent meaning isn't going to remain that way in the future. Surely everyone has experienced change.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    How can people really think in terms of anything else than cause and effect though? The only thing constant is change, so giving something a permanent meaning isn't going to remain that way in the future. Surely everyone has experienced change.
    I'm not sure what analogy would work best for you. For those who understand databases, the analogy is that the Ni database has the "cause and effect" field(s) indexed, while the Si database has the "names, kinds and archetypes" fields indexed.

Other types don't think of "change" as naturally and intuitively as Ni doms do, and when they do, they make a static picture of it. A classic example is Einstein's (INTP, tertiary Si) general theory of relativity. Instead of the Newtonian (Ni) picture of a process evolving over time, time is instead relative, is a "4th dimension", and in the 4-d manifold, everything is static. Motion is a result of projecting along a particular choice of direction of time (the 3+1 formulation of GR).

And it isn't as if Ni doms don't understand classifications and archetypes and so on - they just don't happen to be the building blocks upon which our thought patterns are based.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

It is almost obscene how carelessly you people expose your innermost habits of thought.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I'm not sure what analogy would work best for you. For those who understand databases, the analogy is that the Ni database has the "cause and effect" field(s) indexed, while the Si database has the "names, kinds and archetypes" fields indexed.

Other types don't think of "change" as naturally and intuitively as Ni doms do, and when they do, they make a static picture of it. A classic example is Einstein's (INTP, tertiary Si) general theory of relativity. Instead of the Newtonian (Ni) picture of a process evolving over time, time is instead relative, is a "4th dimension", and in the 4-d manifold, everything is static. Motion is a result of projecting along a particular choice of direction of time (the 3+1 formulation of GR).

And it isn't as if Ni doms don't understand classifications and archetypes and so on - they just don't happen to be the building blocks upon which our thought patterns are based.
    So in the way that @fidelia and I struggle to impose order upon our files with "names, kinds, archetypes," even though we understand the concept quite well and just struggle to implement it, other people struggle to work with our system. I guess I get that. Except we seem to be aware that we're sucking to implement their system, and other people are so damn cocky that they're right when they're not even seeing that 4th motion dimension.

If I leave out a dimension of data, I can claim with authority that the earth the center of the universe. From this perspective it seems like they enjoy leaving out data so that they feel confident and in control. Just because they can't see it doesn't mean they're not feeling the ripple effects. I can't see the wind but I feel that it's there and it's moving and affecting me and my environment.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay so i'm reading it and hearing you all but i'm not getting it.

i get now why i always score high on ni tho because if asked i would say i do these things...but i shouldn't if i'm ne so i'm guessing i just not getting it.
    @uumlau please if you will...can you give me an example. maybe a personal one where you would think something through one way and your enfp would do it another way

also @INTP can you explain to me again how certain combinations of function can look like something else? pretty please?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Ni converges. Ne diverges.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ni converges. Ne diverges.
    and you don't relate to doing both at different times?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

For what Ni feels like take a look at Fiona Apple's video posted in this thread. That explained it very well for me (even though it is not my natural function).