• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where might I find ISxxxs

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They are the only types I haven't come across (At least I think)

I suspect that my stepdad may be an ISTJ but and my co-worker and ISFP but I'm not sure.

Most of the others types I feel I can pick out froma crowd but I don't really have a sense of the ISxxs.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTPs - usually in technical but not philosophical careers, might be in libraries, working on cars?
ISFPs, tending to what they believe in, can be found almost anywhere. Think art?
ISxJs hmmm...as for ISTJs, maybe in some kind of executive position of some job. Really, anywhere. As for ISFJs, same.

That was some good generalizing...now I feel ashamed. :(

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you mean where they are in higher numbers, or how to pick them out from a crowd?

There's definitely a lot of us in organized sports (rec or competitive), for example, but there's a lot of us in general too - pretty much everywhere. You've certainly known some, although you might not have known them well enough to tell their type.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you mean where they are in higher numbers, or how to pick them out from a crowd?

There's definitely a lot of us in organized sports (rec or competitive), for example, but there's a lot of us in general too - pretty much everywhere. You've certainly known some, although you might not have known them well enough to tell their type.

Yeah more like how to pick them out. I'm just murky on what their world view/behavior might be. Also ENFJs.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No one knows??!?!?!?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
err. they are like......

everywhere.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
What? They're everywhere. Literally. Especially ISFJs. They populate this forum, even.

ISTPs are harder to find. ISTJs, too. But the other two are common.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
LOL that rare creature, the ISFJ.

I guess that's what you would think from spending time here. In the alternate universe of personality forums where everyone - heaven knows why - wants to be INTP.

MBTI Type
Mann
They are the only types I haven't come across (At least I think)

I suspect that my stepdad may be an ISTJ but and my co-worker and ISFP but I'm not sure.

Most of the others types I feel I can pick out froma crowd but I don't really have a sense of the ISxxs.

You would have a hard time finding me in public. I tend to spent most of my time outside of home at work or doing specific tasks like going to pick up a book or whatever it is that I might need to do... (Not much)

Edit: I am an ISFP.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
LOL that rare creature, the ISFJ.

I guess that's what you would think from spending time here. In the alternate universe of personality forums where everyone - heaven knows why - wants to be INTP.

Most of the people I know in reality are ESxxs, NTs or NFs. But I'm also an iNTP with a small social circle.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how many times I have to say this. Just because someone is a sensor does not mean they are not interested or incapable of philosophy.

Well, yeah. But an ISTP would get little out of philosophy for the most part. They could do well in it I'm sure but mostly as debunkers.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, yeah. But an ISTP would get little out of philosophy for the most part. They could do well in it I'm sure but mostly as debunkers.

You obviously failed to pay attention to this post based on the ignorance demonstrated in your judgmental statement.

This statement is false. Consult my galactic super civilizations thread below for proof of me as an ISTP being into abstract philosophy:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...tions-yahweh-vs-lucifer-existential-game.html

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
err. they are like......

everywhere.

This! I think the majority of my friends and acquaintances (including some of my best friends) are ISxx. Especially ISFJ and ISTJ.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This! I think the majority of my friends and acquaintances (including some of my best friends) are ISxx. Especially ISFJ and ISTJ.

How can you tell that they are ISxxs?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How can you tell that they are ISxxs?

Oh, I'm never CERTAIN about people's types, I'm really not. I don't think I'm that good at typing people. But some indicators I'd say:

-Long attachment to a few close friends
-Fine with their own company, though they still "need people"
-Passionate about certain long-held hobbies and enthusiasms, with a very fine recall for details about years, places, people, etc.
-They lose me when they start talking about their apartment renovations and their new laundry machine. I lose them when I start talking about my new poetic insight. :D But we still get on great and have similar interests, despite somewhat different ways of coming at things.

In general I'd get ISxx from the above, though I'm not saying it's conclusive.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You'll find a lot of ISFPs in some local music venue, I bet. I know two ISFPs off the top of my head in their mid-to-late 20's trying to pursue their music dream. They may be the easiest to find in that they can be pretty passionate about their interests and desire to express themselves in that area. They also can be pretty sociable, and may not be as aloof as other ISxx types.

ISTPs? I dunno. I don't even know where to find my kin. As far as I can tell, if you want to find some ISTPs, you'll want to find them in a group setting. Unless I'm in a group setting, I keep to myself and may be unapproachable. I go into mountain lion mode if I'm out doing my own thing and don't want to be bothered. :wink:

ISFJs, couldn't say. I know there everywhere, but for some reason they're hard for me to spot too. I feel like they have a pretty wide range in the way the act and appear. I've seen programmer ISFJs, punk-rock ISFJs, too-cool-for-school no-nonsense ISFJs.... yeah, I've seen a lot of different kinds.

I've noticed ISTJs in a group setting can appear very ISTPish. Can't think of a good location to find them either.