User Tag List

Thread: INFP vs INTP

MBTI
    INTP

Default INFP vs INTP

How you can spot the difference. Let me know what you think of it and leave me questions if you have them.

More MBTI videos at my channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1?feature=mhee

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I find I have had a hard time communicating with INFPs. I think it's becasue we seem alike at first but are actually at cross purposes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

This was connected to that video. i think it might be an example of an INFP confusng themselves for an INTP.
    I don't think she has a good understanding of INTPs or INFPs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    This was connected to that video. i think it might be an example of an INFP confusng themselves for an INTP.
    Yeeaah, she doesn't know what she's talking about.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with INFPs outside of my one friend who was uber cerebral and militant about his beliefs, though he was cool. I think he was somewhat unhealthy, though, which, according to the vid, means he was using his Te~!

Other than that, I had one friend who I'm pretty sure was an XNFP. She was really nice and sweet, but I knew if we ever got into a debate I'd be hitting my head against a brick wall. When moral issues are discussed, my go-to form of communicating my ideas is why and how they make sense objectively. She communicated her ideas according to the what was 'right' ethically. Usually, our opinions paralleled one another, since we're both pretty liberal, but we came from two completely different sources.

Tbh, though, I think the main reason why we couldn't discuss things wasn't because of ~Ti versus Fi~, but because she had, what seemed to me, an unexplored rationale for why she believed certain things for what she did. I had little problem talking with my other friend because he was smart, and had a pretty good rationale for why he believed things for what he did.

MBTI
    INTP

I find I have had a hard time communicating with INFPs. I think it's becasue we seem alike at first but are actually at cross purposes.
    Really? I communicate really well with INFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post

I don't have a whole lot of experience with INFPs outside of my one friend who was uber cerebral and militant about his beliefs, though he was cool. I think he was somewhat unhealthy, though, which, according to the vid, means he was using his Te~!

Other than that, I had one friend who I'm pretty sure was an XNFP. She was really nice and sweet, but I knew if we ever got into a debate I'd be hitting my head against a brick wall. When moral issues are discussed, my go-to form of communicating my ideas is why and how they make sense objectively. She communicated her ideas according to the what was 'right' ethically. Usually, our opinions paralleled one another, since we're both pretty liberal, but we came from two completely different sources.

Tbh, though, I think the main reason why we couldn't discuss things wasn't because of ~Ti versus Fi~, but because she had, what seemed to me, an unexplored rationale for why she believed certain things for what she did. I had little problem talking with my other friend because he was smart, and had a pretty good rationale for why he believed things for what he did.
    Oh yeah, debating with ENFPs has not been fun in my experience... It is because of the Ti vs Fi IMO. For some reason my INFP friend and I agree on almost everything.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"Malleable & easy-going" = fat dude asleep on couch.
    Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    And that was the post-edit version!

Mixed bag for me. We either REALLY get on. Or not at all. I can usually understand where they are coming from though. I just can't always listen to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

No. She's not from my tribe yo. I actually thought her video was great. INTPs generally make me feel good about myself like this vid did.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

In general, I don't get along with other NTs in general...I would not get along with the girl in the video.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I always notice a kind of barrier between me and INFP's, we can get along but it's mainly surface as I suspect they like to hold back, which is perfectly fine.

Or maybe I just dont know how to read subtle cues in social situations?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.