• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do people have a problem with people mistyping themselves?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, thanks. That's a relief. :thumbup:

I'm such a fool I can't possibly be the type I say I am.

Well in any case, I'm not leaving, so expect more spectacularly failing threads in the future.
I do. Because you're one of those irritating people who asks questions they don't actually want an answer to - they're just looking for validation of preformed conclusions ( very NF thing to do). Which means you'll never be able to learn from your mistakes.
Honestly, I don't care whether you stay or go, I doubt I'll be engaging you much. We have nothing in common.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
here''s what i think, and i'm gonna say because people are going to ignore this post, be whatever you want as long as you're happy. be a fucking unicorn that rapes babies, but please don't get caught or no do that make an awesome and disturbing news article, if that's what you're into. oh and please don't rape babies, rape teenagers to death, they're the scourge of the earth imo. sorry if you're a teen.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that's operational in various types, not just NTs. But I'd agree that there are some NTs who are like that. I remember having a kind of disdain for Fe values and illogic when I was a teenager, partly because I (or others) kept getting burned by people who were making capricious or irrational decisions, and I hated it. I remember my self-esteem also sucked, so being hyper-rational was an ego booster for me. But it ain't very conducive to relationships, and when I got married, I had to suddenly face those conceited, self-interested attitudes in myself.

I think it's just a journey people of different types have to go through, and not just T's; there are F's in my family who I think are pretty judgmental and conceited because they really don't grasp the truth that T people might still feel loyalty and love and concern for others but just don't express it as directly as they might, and so they dismiss it as non-existent and then take it out on said T people.

Put another way, we all suck to start with and have to get over it. :smile:

Yeah me too. I tested as INTJ in high school because I hated emotionally dramatic people and people basing their decisions purely on emotion. I know I still have some of that.

Like I said, I think sometimes what you're saying is what's in play. But I don't think all the people who have disagreed with you on type on this forum have been operating from that principle, and so I gave you a different basis from which you might understand it.
No, I don't think most people are like that either. But I have no way of knowing how many people agree with the people who are, and just don't feel like saying anything. I don't know what's normal because I'm not normal. But neither are most people on the internet...

Welll... aside from the fact they apparently give a shit about what your type is and how you've figured it out? ;)
Right.

So what things do you think you are good at, in terms of INTP?
I'll discuss it on my type thread. Basically I read the description and thought it fit me like a glove.

It's funny that you spent this whole paragraph talking about what you like and don't like, what you want to be associated with and not associated with, and this thread in getting outraged at people for excluding you from their group... this is all more an F province, if anything. I mean, I'm just tossing this out there as an observation... I'm still waiting for you to come up with some hardcore T approach to your dilemma, while so far you seem to be focused on your preferences. Again, nothing wrong with each other approach, but that is all I'm seeing right here.
And that's a good point. This is the kind of thing I'd like people to tell me rather than I'm NF because I like mysticism. You might be on to something.

A

Anew Leaf

What do we need to sacrifice to make these threads stop?

A llama? Because I totally have an uppity llama that has it coming.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Thank god MBTI isn't a widespread belief system that's all I have to say.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is not just fluff, neither is it a hard science. It is psychology, it is an about science. Now that you have started this thread a funny thing occurred to me. I have been on this forum a long time and you do notice patterns in behaviour on the forum. Threads like this are usually NF fair. Just saying, you decide on your type.

Could be. Or they're complex people who are labeled as such and don't really fit anything.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do we need to sacrifice to make these threads stop?

A llama? Because I totally have an uppity llama that has it coming.

Judgments of people and stereotypes should be sacrificed.

On that note, maybe we should sacrifice a forum member once a year on the full moon. I bet one of the ISFJ's or INFP's would volunteer. Maybe even an ESTJ.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It'd be pretty scary if the forum dynamic scaled widespread, yeah.

Yeah man can you imagine not being hired for a job because you are not an "N" type. The stereotyping I hear in this forum is batshit crazy.

wolfy

awsm
Could be. Or they're complex people who are labeled as such and don't really fit anything.

So complex they are untypable? There are only 16 types, you are going to need to simplify yourself. By the way, to say so complex as to be untypable is a classic NF heuristic.

N

NPcomplete

Why thank you, serf INFP! I nonhumbly accept your acknowledgement of my awesomejamness.

*adjusts INTJ monocle and tophat*

Nothing says "NT" like Mr. PeaNuT!

I feel extremely honoured that you have nonhumbly accepted my acknowledgement of your awesomejamness, oh fierce and mighty NT. :worthy:

I was, am and will always indubitably be your very loyal admirer and cloud puff of ruffly ridicule of rawwr!

A

Anew Leaf

Judgments of people and stereotypes should be sacrificed.

On that note, maybe we should sacrifice a forum member once a year on the full moon. I bet one of the ISFJ's or INFP's would volunteer. Maybe even an ESTJ.

First there is a note of note as if a knot in a tree slowly unwound itself as it remembered the memories of having momentary lapses of limbs and preliminary dreams of subliminal moons as life waxes and wanes with light and halflight and moonlight and the fullness of it all must eventually be sacrificed away to the dawn as the rest of the light unwinds from its nighttime spool put away a lost thread hung on the canopy of night where the night may tear the sky in two.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel extremely honoured that you have nonhumbly accepted my acknowledgement of your awesomejamness, oh fierce and mighty NT. :worthy:

I was, am and will always indubitably be your very loyal admirer and cloud puff of ruffly ridicule of rawwr!

LOL :)