User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 342

  1. #61
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ack! A.... A........ A..... emoticon.... YECK! You.... you.... ARE AN NF!!! Aren't you?!!?! I knew it!! You were sent by the devil himself to tempt me into using emoticons, but I shan't.

    Am I.... indeed.

    I thought I knew you. I am disappoint. Very disappoint.

    We should probably not stay acquaintances.

    P.S. You are not doing well at all. Tsk. Tsk.
    Acquaintances? *is HURT* I thought we were friends.

    I am so, so, so! very sorry that you are disappointed. I will never do it again. Can we be fwends now? O.O

    *stifles sob*

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    You know, sometimes you and Saturned get so NF that I start to think I might be an INTP again. I really don't know how you two do it, but it's actually kind of impressive in some weird way.
    Devilry, of course.

    :P

  2. #62
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Not a chance. But I'm glad you're finally admitting to being an INFP.

  3. #63
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Well so far this thread is not spectacularly failing, as I am highly entertained. You guys are hilarious.

  4. #64
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Anything hilarious is a success. That's F logic!

  5. #65
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    You know, sometimes you and Saturned get so NF that I start to think I might be an INTP again. I really don't know how you two do it, but it's actually kind of impressive in some weird way.
    Who?! Us?! Whatever do you mean?

    Here, eat some pudding while you explain....

    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Acquaintances? *is HURT* I thought we were friends.

    I am so, so, so! very sorry that you are disappointed. I will never do it again. Can we be fwends now? O.O

    *stifles sob*



    Devilry, of course.

    :P
    Friends? Bah. I, as an NT, looked up the definition of friends and as such I realize that no one is my friend. Therefore, you are on par with my poolboy, my pony trainer, and my private jetplane pilot.

    Also, spelling "friends" sans "r" is revolting! Or, I suppose in whatever communique that you NF's have.... "Wevolting!"

  6. #66
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Friends? Bah. I, as an NT, looked up the definition of friends and as such I realize that no one is my friend. Therefore, you are on par with my poolboy, my pony trainer, and my private jetplane pilot.

    Also, spelling "friends" sans "r" is revolting! Or, I suppose in whatever communique that you NF's have.... "Wevolting!"
    So I am mere plankton and you're a hammerhead shark? I, I suppose I shall have to accept my lot in life then.

    The spelling was changed so we don't get scared of werewolves. *is terrorised anyway*

  7. #67
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    So I am mere plankton and you're a hammerhead shark? I, I suppose I shall have to accept my lot in life then.

    The spelling was changed so we don't get scared of werewolves. *is terrorised anyway*
    Yes, I am a shark... But you... you are not plankton, little clownfish... and this forum is not a bed of sea anemones.... Mako yo way closer...... NF....

  8. #68
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I think other people sometimes CAN type you more accurately than you type yourself for a few reasons:

    1. They know the typology theory better. And if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....then it still could be a baby swan, so let's look past the surface a bit & not jump to conclusions based on stereotypes.
    2. They are exceptionally good at understanding what makes people tick. They see the difference between baby swans & ducks more easily.
    3. While they have their own ego, they don't have YOUR ego, so they are not blinded by your ego & can see it. It's kind of like how other people see your own face more than you see it; it's yours, but it's not visible to you because you're functioning though it. You can go & look in the mirror of course, but sometimes that means seeing what you want to see (ie. you make a flattering face or whatever). A photo of you which is at odds with your perception of your own face can catch you off guard (often unpleasantly), and yet others are used to you seeing you look that way. So just as the image in your head of your own face can differ a bit from reality, so too can your perception of your personality & how it actually appears to others.

    That said, I think it's mostly futile to tell someone they are mistyped. I think discovering their type can be a process a person has to go through, and that process can mean mistyping for a bit. They won't be able to accept their ego if it's told to them anyway; they really have to uncover it themselves for the realization to set in & turn into something productive. The point of realizing your ego is so you can transcend it, but you're ego is sort of trying to protect itself from being destroyed. This is why even when people DO identify their actual type, they can deny the negative traits of it. This is because the ego doesn't want you to register your personality as basically being a flawed lens for the world. In identifying as the wrong type, you don't have to face your actual flaws because you don't have that types' flaws!

    Now, why other people can fail massively at typing others:

    1. They don't know typology well at all, but may think they do.
    2. They are bad at understanding how people work in general (ie. even if they grasp theory, they still have a hard time understanding different thought processes from their own).
    3. They have massive bias due to their own ego. So yes, their own ego gets in the way of seeing your ego accurately (it's like a mirror facing a mirror!). This is especially true when you don't fit their idea of themselves, yet you claim the same type; this threatens their ego.

    The last reason is why some types get more huffy when they suspect someone is mistyped as their type, or why some types simply try to out others more (:cough:NTs:cough: and :ahem:INFJs:ahem: ). The nature of their ego includes some aspect about being more rational or special than most people, etc. Again, you're threatening their ego because you don't fit their picture of themselves.

    This, however, is also why people can mistype - they gravitate towards types seen in a more positive light. It's been suggested by people that this may be a reason for the seemingly excessive amount of Ns online; N is perceived as more intelligent, special, etc, and so people type themselves based on that instead of the more neutral definitions which describe different egos without one being better or worse than the other.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  9. #69
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think that's operational in various types, not just NTs. But I'd agree that there are some NTs who are like that. I remember having a kind of disdain for Fe values and illogic when I was a teenager, partly because I (or others) kept getting burned by people who were making capricious or irrational decisions, and I hated it. I remember my self-esteem also sucked, so being hyper-rational was an ego booster for me. But it ain't very conducive to relationships, and when I got married, I had to suddenly face those conceited, self-interested attitudes in myself.

    I think it's just a journey people of different types have to go through, and not just T's; there are F's in my family who I think are pretty judgmental and conceited because they really don't grasp the truth that T people might still feel loyalty and love and concern for others but just don't express it as directly as they might, and so they dismiss it as non-existent and then take it out on said T people.

    Put another way, we all suck to start with and have to get over it.




    Like I said, I think sometimes what you're saying is what's in play. But I don't think all the people who have disagreed with you on type on this forum have been operating from that principle, and so I gave you a different basis from which you might understand it.




    Lol. And I am here wondering, "What does LIKING a particular type have to do with anything?" See what I mean? It's funny you even mention it as part of your decision process.



    Welll... aside from the fact they apparently give a shit about what your type is and how you've figured it out?



    So what things do you think you are good at, in terms of INTP?

    It's funny that you spent this whole paragraph talking about what you like and don't like, what you want to be associated with and not associated with, and this thread in getting outraged at people for excluding you from their group... this is all more an F province, if anything. I mean, I'm just tossing this out there as an observation... I'm still waiting for you to come up with some hardcore T approach to your dilemma, while so far you seem to be focused on your preferences. Again, nothing wrong with each other approach, but that is all I'm seeing right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It is not just fluff, neither is it a hard science. It is psychology, it is an about science. Now that you have started this thread a funny thing occurred to me. I have been on this forum a long time and you do notice patterns in behaviour on the forum. Threads like this are usually NF fair. Just saying, you decide on your type.
    Ahhh sorry lady was going to say the same thing! My infp boyfriend occasionally tries to convince me and himself that he's an intp also... But he's just not and you don't seem to be either.

    It's all very infp to feel like you can't be catorigized and want to reject your fi because you don't like what you think it says about you.

    Sorry about the unsolicited opinions. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #70
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    I don't care if you call your self an NT, but after talking to you you are not very logical. I not saying that you aren't smart enough to be logical only that you seem to rebel against the idea of logical principles and though process in favor of your subjective experiences and mysticism. In terms of MBTI that would make you an Fi user probably,simply because that is how the MBTI categorizes people who hold these types of views. I wish I were an ESFP or an INTJ but I can't just redefine what it means to be that type. If I did it would simply be renaming the INTP.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] why do people with introverted intuition....?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 01:49 PM
  2. Why do people need identification with types?
    By hacbad macbar in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
  3. why do I keep becoming friends with manipulative people?
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO