User Tag List

First 233132333435 Last

Results 321 to 330 of 342

  1. #321
    Senior Member copperfish17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    what AffirmitiveAnxiety said
    Yeah, I agree with you.

    To the OP: I'm sick and tired of this tedious debate that seems to be getting nowhere, and would like to inform you that I'm not interested in posting in either of your threads from now on. I wanted to drop out a while back; the only reason I kept replying to your posts was because you had questions that demanded my answer(s). No more of that, please - I've better things to do.

    I wish you luck w/your typing journey, and this is goodbye.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

  2. #322
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So several people have implicitly called me crazy or irrational or both.
    That makes you no different than any other INTP.

  3. #323
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That makes you no different than any other INTP.
    Well great.

  4. #324
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you.

    To the OP: I'm sick and tired of this tedious debate that seems to be getting nowhere, and would like to inform you that I'm not interested in posting in either of your threads from now on. I wanted to drop out a while back; the only reason I kept replying to your posts was because you had questions that demanded my answer(s). No more of that, please - I've better things to do.

    I wish you luck w/your typing journey, and this is goodbye.
    Alright, fine. Sorry if I've been irritating. I'm just frustrated that something that seems so obvious to me seems completely incorrect to so many other people. It's like I'm looking at something black and you're saying it's white. Maybe you and the others perceive it the same way. No matter. It is what it is. Thanks for conversing thus far.

  5. #325
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Can we all just agree for the sake of social harmony and efficiency that introverted thinking is subjective and differs with each person, and so my internal logic is just different from some other people's? Just because I think differently than another Ti user doesn't mean we don't use the same function. There have been a few INTP's who have said I seem a lot like them, and who don't think I've mistyped myself.

  6. #326
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Probably the same reason people have a problem with people being wrong about anything. In other words, who the hell knows?


  7. #327
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Can we all just agree for the sake of social harmony and efficiency that introverted thinking is subjective and differs with each person, and so my internal logic is just different from some other people's? Just because I think differently than another Ti user doesn't mean we don't use the same function. There have been a few INTP's who have said I seem a lot like them, and who don't think I've mistyped myself.
    No. Either it is, or it is not. We can agree for the sake of discussion, or agree to table it pending further research, or even agree to disagree. Determining factual truth on the basis of what leads to social harmony is dangerous. Even making a simplifying assumption for the sake of efficiency is not the same as agreeing something is true.

    I nitpicked at this only because it is a good example of non-INTP-style thinking and arguing. My personal impression is that, while each function will manifest itself differently in each person, even people of the same type, there must be some common identifiable essence of that function at its core. Otherwise it is a different function at work.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  8. #328
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    No. Either it is, or it is not. We can agree for the sake of discussion, or agree to table it pending further research, or even agree to disagree. Determining factual truth on the basis of what leads to social harmony is dangerous. Even making a simplifying assumption for the sake of efficiency is not the same as agreeing something is true.

    I nitpicked at this only because it is a good example of non-INTP-style thinking and arguing. My personal impression is that, while each function will manifest itself differently in each person, even people of the same type, there must be some common identifiable essence of that function at its core. Otherwise it is a different function at work.
    Well yeah, I agree it has to be something as opposed to something else; but it is a fact that it is a subjective function. Which I think logically implies that it manifests in a slightly different way in each person.

    @bolded: It may appear this way, but I don't think so. This is really a good example of what I say appearing like something else because I'm not being clear.

  9. #329
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Probably the same reason people have a problem with people being wrong about anything. In other words, who the hell knows?

    True enough, but my point is that "wrong" is debatable, and it's really not anyone's business. At this point I know enough about the functions that I am very confident I'm right, and people just don't see it because they don't know me in person. Pretty much everyone who knows me thinks I seem like more of a thinker. I've always felt like kind of the opposite of a feeler, even before I knew anything about typology. I know what I am, and I have logical reasoning for my opinion even if I can't spit it all out in a post because there's too much of it. Do you all really want to read a wall of text like 15 pages long? That's how detailed it is.

  10. #330
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    True enough, but my point is that "wrong" is debatable, and it's really not anyone's business. At this point I know enough about the functions that I am very confident I'm right, and people just don't see it because they don't know me in person. Pretty much everyone who knows me thinks I seem like more of a thinker. I've always felt like kind of the opposite of a feeler, even before I knew anything about typology. I know what I am, and I have logical reasoning for my opinion even if I can't spit it all out in a post because there's too much of it. Do you all really want to read a wall of text like 15 pages long? That's how detailed it is.
    I think whether you are actually wrong or not, or even whether or not "wrong" can be objectively measured is mostly irrelevant. To the person with a problem with it, they are right and you are wrong and who knows why they care so much.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] why do people with introverted intuition....?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 01:49 PM
  2. Why do people need identification with types?
    By hacbad macbar in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
  3. why do I keep becoming friends with manipulative people?
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO