• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do people have a problem with people mistyping themselves?

A

Anew Leaf

I feel extremely honoured that you have nonhumbly accepted my acknowledgement of your awesomejamness, oh fierce and mighty NT. :worthy:

I was, am and will always indubitably be your very loyal admirer and cloud puff of ruffly ridicule of rawwr!

Ah, you must be a hidden NT if you even understood the amazing cold hard logical language of my voice as I spoke to you from my perch.

I am also gratified that you are intelligent enough to admire one such as me, for not everyone can see my amazingjamness you know. It's almost as if your eyes had eyes with which to see me.

:coffee:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So complex they are untypable? There are only 16 types, you are going to need to simplify yourself. By the way, to say so complex as to be untypable is a classic NF heuristic.

Ok, fair enough. Does that mean feelers tend to use their functions in a more balanced way and so look like more than one type? Or they just resist being put into a category? Because I'd be good with fitting into a category; I just don't neatly.

Edit: probably some the first and some the second

wolfy

awsm
Ok, fair enough. Does that mean feelers tend to use their functions in a more balanced way and so look like more than one type? Or they just resist being put into a category? Because I'd be good with fitting into a category; I just don't neatly.

Edit: probably some the first and some the second

Resist categorization.

N

NPcomplete

"LOL"? Very NT indeed.

I BELIEVE I AM SEEING NTs EVERYWHERE? :shock: :panic: :eeep: :shocking:

Does it mean they are all NTs? :rly???:

Ah, you must be a hidden NT if you even understood the amazing cold hard logical language of my voice as I spoke to you from my perch.

I am also gratified that you are intelligent enough to admire one such as me, for not everyone can see my amazingjamness you know. It's almost as if your eyes had eyes with which to see me.

:coffee:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thank you, thank you for validating my existence by telling me that I am intelligent. Can I be NT now too? :puppy_dog_eyes:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah man can you imagine not being hired for a job because you are not an "N" type. I stereotyping I hear in this forum is batshit crazy.

If the world had an "N" bias, nothing would get done, too many N's with their heads up their asses/the clouds, feeling superior. and heaven forbid they're wrong but no they can't be, because they're an almighty N!!!!!!!!!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Resist categorization.

That's what I thought.

As for me, I don't resist categorization. Categorization is one of my favorite things to do. I just don't neatly fit, and it bothers me. I would gladly be INFP if I thought it really truly fit me.

What I resist is being put into a category I think I don't fit, as it insults my categorization abilities.

A

Anew Leaf

"LOL"? Very NT indeed.

I BELIEVE I AM SEEING NTs EVERYWHERE? :shock: :panic: :eeep: :shocking:

Does it mean they are all NTs? :rly???:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thank you, thank you for validating my existence by telling me that I am intelligent. Can I be NT now too? :puppy_dog_eyes:

You are welcome most worthy minion. Rise.... RISE!!!!!!!!!!!! RIIIIIIIIIIISEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I SAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We shall have Igor fetch us some brains so we can begin our................. "work". :burns:

P.S. Better lose the puppy dog eyes emoticon lest you get accused of "being an NF"....

N

NPcomplete

You are welcome most worthy minion. Rise.... RISE!!!!!!!!!!!! RIIIIIIIIIIISEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I SAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We shall have Igor fetch us some brains so we can begin our................. "work". :burns:

P.S. Better lose the puppy dog eyes emoticon lest you get accused of "being an NF"....

How could you suggest that I lose those puppy eyes? :overreact: They are part of my identity!!!1111 :puppy_dog_eyes:

*siiiiiigh*

Very well, oh fine and mighty and glorious NT. I shall lose them.

You were right! :happy2: Now, I feel like a phoenix rising from ashes, ashes of blood and carbon and tears! Yes, I am rising, soaring to new heights. Hello oxygen deprivation!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So complex they are untypable? There are only 16 types, you are going to need to simplify yourself. By the way, to say so complex as to be untypable is a classic NF heuristic.
I wonder if that is related to subjective systems requiring fuzzier logic. Different kinds of data require different ways of analyzing their systems. Personality is layered and fluid and so individuals with strong intra or inter-personal intelligence could see more detail in those systems and so resist over-simplifying them. At some point simplification becomes meaningless. It is mostly useful to organizing large amounts of data, but when looking at one system, like one individual, it can be less useful.

Metaphors can be misleading, but I will attempt one: to categorize a book as "philosophy" is useful in organizing it amongst a large pile of books, but for understanding its contents, the designation is so general as to not be terribly meaningful.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
If the world had an "N" bias, nothing would get done, too many N's with their heads up their asses/the clouds, feeling superior. and heaven forbid they're wrong but no they can't be, because they're an almighty N!!!!!!!!!

*shivers*

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if that is related to subjective systems requiring fuzzier logic. Different kinds of data require different ways of analyzing their systems. Personality is layered and fluid and so individuals with strong intra or inter-personal intelligence could see more detail in those systems and so resist over-simplifying them. At some point simplification becomes meaningless. It is mostly useful to organizing large amounts of data, but when looking at one system, like one individual, it can be less useful.

Metaphors can be misleading, but I will attempt one: to categorize a book as "philosophy" is useful in organizing it amongst a large pile of books, but for understanding its contents, the designation is so general as to not be terribly meaningful.

This is a very good point. I never would have thought of this. :fpalm: Well maybe I would have. But I am kind of a fool at times, so it would have taken me a long time.

A

Anew Leaf

How could you suggest that I lose those puppy eyes? :overreact: They are part of my identity!!!1111 :puppy_dog_eyes:

*siiiiiigh*

Very well, oh fine and mighty and glorious NT. I shall lose them.

You were right! :happy2: Now, I feel like a phoenix rising from ashes, ashes of blood and carbon and tears! Yes, I am rising, soaring to new heights. Hello oxygen deprivation!

Sigh, see, your "NT card" is like a punch card. Everytime you feel something or emote something, you lose a punch. Card loses all of its punches and it automatically downgrades to an "NF card."

Your card is dangerously punchy!! :wizfreak:

P.S. :wizfreak: is the designated NT emoticon along with :coffee: and :dry:. These may be used to your heart's mind's content! Enjoy! Be well.

N

NPcomplete

Sigh, see, your "NT card" is like a punch card. Everytime you feel something or emote something, you lose a punch. Card loses all of its punches and it automatically downgrades to an "NF card."

Your card is dangerously punchy!! :wizfreak:

P.S. :wizfreak: is the designated NT emoticon along with :coffee: and :dry:. These may be used to your heart's mind's content! Enjoy! Be well.

Yayyyy :wizfreak: Thank you for explaining all this to me. :wizfreak: :wub: :wizfreak: It is so complicated. I don't know how you NTs can remain so logical all the time. I just feel, feeeel so much you know. :cry: No wait, :coffee:.

I'm not doing this very well, am I? :dry:

A

Anew Leaf

Yayyyy :wizfreak: Thank you for explaining all this to me. :wizfreak: :wub: :wizfreak: It is so complicated. I don't know how you NTs can remain so logical all the time. I just feel, feeeel so much you know. :cry: No wait, :coffee:.

Ack! A.... A........ A..... :wub: emoticon.... YECK! You.... you.... ARE AN NF!!! Aren't you?!!?! I knew it!! You were sent by the devil himself to tempt me into using emoticons, but I shan't.

:irked: Am I.... :irked: indeed.

I thought I knew you. I am disappoint. Very disappoint.

We should probably not stay acquaintances.

P.S. You are not doing well at all. Tsk. Tsk.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You know, sometimes you and Saturned get so NF that I start to think I might be an INTP again. I really don't know how you two do it, but it's actually kind of impressive in some weird way.