MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    lol

That is an entirely different and highly debatable topic.

yeah, I thought there was going to be a big heated civil war going on in here so I never touched it.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    yeah, I thought there was going to be a big heated civil war going on in here so I never touched it.
    There was. Wise decision.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

There was. Wise decision.
    True, the 27 page thing should have given me a clue...

*remains blissfully ignorant*

06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

So if you had to pick a type right now or at least a tritype what would it be and no it doesn't matter whether I or anybody else agree with your typing decision.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    So if you had to pick a type right now or at least a tritype what would it be and no it doesn't matter whether I or anybody else agree with your typing decision.
    Well, many of the characteristics I attributed to INTP are also found in the Autism Spectrum description, so I can't say at this point whether it means that the fact that I share those characteristics is indicative of type, or whether I am INFP or something else and just somewhat autistic. Although it's possible that INTP is more frequently diagnosed than other types due to the shared characteristics. So if I am, and am unlike most INTP's it could either be because I am an AS member of the type or because I am another type with similar characteristics due to AS.

I'll leave it. I am what I am. But my first tritype of INFP/INTP/INTJ kind of fits my description more than anything else. Which type is my true "center" I don't think I can truly know at this point.

Ok, I'm going to believe I know what my type is even if not one single other person on here agrees with me. I would rather be crazy and believe I am sane and be happy than believe I am crazy and be unhappy. That seems to be what it comes down to since I believe the definitions of functions apply to me at least 75% and some people believe it's 0%. Which if true would mean I don't understand the English language and am probably crazy.

That might be completely illogical, but I don't care.

If this annoys you, you'll just have to deal with it. End of story.

And I believe we've firmly established that the answer to the question in the OP is that it bothers people because it doesn't make sense to them and they like making sense. End of thread. I don't know how to close it.
    I can see why people have been saying INFP. Just to quote a quote from another thread:

"INFP may repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes preserve their own opinion in the face of facts and evidence to the contrary."

Regarding that autistic thing you're referring to. INTP looks alot like INFP. Fi dom does not exude warmth.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I can see why people have been saying INFP. Just to quote a quote from another thread:

"INFP may repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes preserve their own opinion in the face of facts and evidence to the contrary."

Regarding that autistic thing you're referring to. INTP looks alot like INFP. Fi dom does not exude warmth.
    Cool. And I might be.

It's just that the ways I don't fit INTP seem to be superficial differences based on observable characteristics. And I agree based on these I don't exactly fit. But everything I've read about the types and how the functions are expressed seemed to suggest otherwise. I have drawers in the filing cabinet of my mind in which I throw every little detail that points to the types, and it seemed that the INTP drawer had a lot more in it than the INFP drawer. I can't possibly take everything out of it and post it online. But reading thing contrasting them I would seem to find many more things about INFP I thought didn't apply to me, and many more things about INTP I thought definitely did. Of course, I could be a poor evaluator of these things. It just seemed like a reasonable thing to conclude at the time, and it's still true; I'll have to re-evaluate things.

Do we have reason to believe that all people of a type behave in many of the same observable ways? You could say that if they don't then they are not the type, but that's kind of circular thinking. Generally if would have to be true since inner functioning tends to manifest as outward behavior- but I just thought there was a lot more type variation. And I was under the impression that they are more about inner working than outward expression. Maybe not.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Nooooo. I see how it might look that way but there are miles and miles between that image of a pixie and the fairie with the bow and arrow in greenfairy's avatar and the picture Jen is now using as an avatar. Miles. Leagues. Universes apart.
    It actually looks like one of the avatars available on the INTJ forum. They have a bunch you can choose from and many are fantasy based.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Are you saying there are INTJs who would call themselves "greenfairy" and have such an avatar? Because if that is really true, I need to shut up. I thought I knew what I was talking about, but that would prove that I do not.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

This whole odd magical beliefs thing that the OP is fascinated by seems very INTJ to me as I know that is the type most prone to Schizotypal personality disorder as well as the narcissistic, schizoid, and compulsive obsessive disorders.

The OP seems to at least have some obsessive compulsive and schizotypal traits in my opinion!