First 14222324252634 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, I love Elfie, but I'll be honest -- she doesn't scan like the type she claimed to be either. Just food for thought. So you've still got to filter all her information through that lens.
    She seemed like a dyed-in the wool INTP to me, with the N[e]T[i] "mastery" of the concepts. Perhaps the avatars looked F-like, but then, she's female, and that will affect stuff like that, and her general interaction. This, again, just like you (and you even have your "T" lowercase).
    That's why some of these generalization cannot be taken as indicators of type. Possible clues, but not too much stock can be put into them.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    She seemed like a dyed-in the wool INTP to me, with the N[e]T[i] "mastery" of the concepts. Perhaps the avatars looked F-like, but then, she's female, and that will affect stuff like that, and her general interaction. This, again, just like you (and you even have your "T" lowercase).
    Yeah. That is your experience with/of her. That was not mine. I don't say that lightly either, I'm pretty open.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK, I don't know much about her, but what is this based on? (And I wonder why she dropped out of all the boards).
    INFP's usually are not that much into the technical details of the theory (This is Beebe we're talking about here!), apparently for it's own sake; but often cringe at it. (This is not an "an INFP would never" statement; but from what I saw, the focus was more on the logical rather than "personal" element of the theory).

Again, I detected a "softness" that seemed like an FP "vibe", but she too is probably just Supine in Inclusion. The third area of Affection will affect it too.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

She seemed like a dyed-in the wool INTP to me...Perhaps the avatars looked F-like, but then, she's female, and that will affect stuff like that
    Her avatar is no more 'F-like' than Jennifer's 2007 avatar of a woman with red hair. Secondly, Guff brought up the fact she was interested in astrology. That doesn't make anyone INFP. If it did, Zarathustra, entropie, Uber, and many other members with an interest in astrology would all be INFP.

Not one person came at her from the pragmatic vs affiliative role angle. (Even though I do think the affiliative role is much easier for FJs to identify with than NFPs.) But then I guess I can't expect anyone to use type theory in a forum that deals with type theory. That's too much to ask.
    Here's the conventional method:

Aunt Ethel is INFP. Your post reminds me of her. You're definitely INFP!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

>But the fact was that I wanted to know if people thought I was another type because I do value being open minded.
    >>I think I see Fi right there.

"Valuing" in that context is not necessarily Fi. Like we say "Ti values logical consistency".
    I know. I meant to say that it COULD be an expression of Fi. Besides, what I was trying to point out when I said that was 'how she phrased the idea,' and not necessarily what she said. I expanded on this in another post later on.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Cool. So 3 people now think I am INTP. Interesting. *Files it away in the drawer marked Things That Point in the General Direction of INTP"

*files half of this opinion in the INFP drawer and half in the INTP drawer*
    It seems odd to me that you think other people telling you that they think you're INTP actually increases your chances of being INTP. (By the way, are you also keeping track of how many people do NOT think you're INTP? Are their opinions being included in your decision-making process?) I can't speak for all INTPs, but I don't think like this at all. More points (in my mind) towards Te-usage, as that's the kind of thinking that relies on external validation of their thoughts and ideas.

This is from the very INTP profile that you claimed to feel almost emotionally attached to:

The opinions of others are rarely given much weight in themselves. All opinions must get filtered through an analysis procedure to test for viability. (This means not blindly accepting all opinions as 'valid information'/something that should carry weight in your decision-making process.) No title or claim of being an "expert" carries any weight with an INTP. All people, big or small, are subject to an identical scrutiny. The INTP sees himself as the independent arbiter, whether a fair claim or not. However, when someone has proved his credentials through having sensible opinions, he will be afforded great respect by the INTP. Most respected of all are those who are not only sensible but also innovative. Intelligence is above all highly prized.
    I can honestly say F you to other people's opinions when I'm trying to work something out; I prefer to figure things out by myself. I would only consult a few individuals if any (it seldom happens), and these individuals would be people whom have my utmost respect for their intelligence and amazing insight. Personally, I can't imagine nor fathom asking a bunch of random people on the Internet for opinions on my type (or any serious issue pertaining to myself) - I tend to distrust other people's input (generally speaking). In my mind, only the opinions of people who have gained my personal respect really count. And that's at most a handful of people.

Again, I can only speak for myself. I'm just trying to give OP more food for thought.

Also, for the record, I'm a female INTP.

EDIT: Here's a question to ask yourself: How do you judge new ideas? Do you try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? From what I've seen, you do the latter. I, a Ti-driven INTP, do the former.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    What makes you think Fi doesn't "pick apart the differences"?
    I wondered if it might too; but analysis is a property of Ti, and the more characteristics they share the less they appear to be two different functions; so I thought it would make sense for Fi to focus on something else.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by dobages View Post
    Someone type me, FAST! Based on such little info. Thanks in advance.
    Based on your name and avatar I'm going to say INTP because INTJ's are more serious.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

In the faint attempt of man to make sense of his life, any small derivation from his logical or heartfelt system is one derivation that brings him nearer to insanity.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Her avatar is no more 'F-like' than Jennifer's 2007 avatar of a woman with red hair.
    That I agree. (And the two of them always reminded me a little bit of each other). I'm trying to grant them something that may give off this "F" vibe they're talking about [that is, Jennifer, and someone else repping me], and the only thing I could see would be the avatar (this is the one from here):

And yes, that's just a feminine image and does not indicate type; but people associate the "niceties" of it (like the pretty flowers and smile) as F or Fi, but my point exactly; it's not type; it's just feminine.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Aunt Ethel is INFP. Your post reminds me of her. You're definitely INFP!
    This is like saying:
    All wombats have fur
    l have fur
    Therefore I am a wombat.