User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 342

  1. #211
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    I truly believe you get one chance at an accurate typing.

    Unfortunately that time has long passed, for you, and for almost everyone on this site.

    You must be able to answer these questions without any prior knowledge. If you begin to analyze it you lose the raw data, it becomes meta and your impression of yourself gets distorted. Any test after the first is confirmation bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I tested infp first. Do you think I'm infp?
    and I INTP, do you think I'm INTP?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #212
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Do you remember which test you took first? Was it CF related or was it MBTI? I think it could be argued that you would have a discrepancy between the two scores.
    Mbti related I think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #213
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Have you considered being a 9 as well? That and 6 are possibly the hardest to type out of the lot. When 9s look inward, they're like 'ah, but I do that too!' and all, so it makes typing a challenge.
    Enneagram to me isn't as easily grasped, since I need fine details to contrast one thing from another in order to decide on one. (Because that's what makes something one thing and not another, rather than both.) I'm one of those people who looks at the numbers and sees myself in most of them. I can eliminate two of them- I'm not 2 or 8. I gravitate towards the head center (and am probably 5w4).

  4. #214
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    You're INTP. Im sure. Im the ultimate INTP(hehe), and i get your inferior Fe. It's simply about being a sensitive person, i think.
    Cool. So 3 people now think I am INTP. Interesting. *Files it away in the drawer marked Things That Point in the General Direction of INTP"

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Hey, I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to let the mess settle and to sort out the bad/useless info from the good. I know it must be frustrating to be confused about your type and to have people tell you what you are, but with some people it just doesn't click immediately. Anyway you'll be amazed at how much your understanding of type, the functions and yourself improves over time (even if you think you have your understanding down pat).

    I personally go back and forth when I try to work out your type. Whenever, I decide you must be a INTP, you write something that makes me think you're a INFP. Then whenever I decide you're Fi-dom, you say something that sounds so utterly Ti and again I am filled with doubt - you certainly seem borderline. You should probably talk more to some of the other borderline INXPs (or INXPs who have seriously considered if they are both at some point) like @OrangeAppled and @SuchIrony (both of whom also happen to be smart and well-informed ) and see how they have grasped the differences. I also believe I have INTP qualities myself which has been a little confusing in the past but consider myself firmly a INFP and Fi-dom.
    Omg I can see how you use Fi all over your post! That's so cool.

    Yeah for sure, once I decide it will be so detailed I could write a kick-ass article about it. Hopefully. I will definitely look at the people you mentioned.

    *files half of this opinion in the INFP drawer and half in the INTP drawer*

  5. #215
    Member Lith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I used to have a problem with people mistyping themselves but I don't any more. Pseudoscience is impossible to standardize, that's what makes it pseudoscience. People can turn it into whatever they want it to be, and they do. If a pseudoscience even survives it's because there's a core of purists somewhere, working to protect the underlying principles from getting watered down too much by the general public. Otherwise it all turns to mush.

  6. #216
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Interesting idea. By that logic I should be INTJ since I had no prior knowledge when I took the test the first time. But it could still have been inaccurate since my choice of answers was based on negative associations I had with some of the words (on the thinking versus feeling axis) and on other people's expectations for what I should do on the judging versus perceiving axis.

    I personally think it's possible to accurately type with a lot of knowledge, if you have solid categories of functions which are inclusive enough of human nature, and then describe them accurately and completely; then put them together into the types in such a way as to make sense in a system.

    Like Fi versus Fe to me means everything that could be associated with feeling expressed in a "rational" way in the conscious mind, directed either inward or outward. Fi would take in information, reflect on it from the inside, direct it outward with Te as needed, then bring it back inside to be integrated into a system. Fe would take primitive feeling (shadow Fi) and direct it outward in search of reflection; when it finds something like itself to connect to it takes the information in to be incorporated into a system by Ti, then directs it outward again in the form of connecting to and organizing one's environment. Fi goes in out in, and Fe goes out in out. I believe it is the same process with all the introverted and extroverted functions respectively.

    All this sounds great in theory, but it's difficult to apply without examples of what it looks like in people. One could of course get a sense for the "direction" one's processes go.
    Same as LadyX what test called you an INTJ? The difference is very large between the questions asked for both tests. Yes, some actions come from specific thoughts and so they are connected, but the biggest hurdle you seem to be trying to get past right now is T and F which is drastically different between Myers-Briggs and Jungian Functions.

    However, testing in general is not reliable at any rate because the test will tell you what your type is before you took the test, and can't include the fact that the test has colored your impression of yourself; which, is also why reading the cognitive functions does the same thing. We can't determine how much reading those descriptions truly changed how you thought about the test.

    I should add a clarification to my original statement and say that the person cannot test themselves accurately after their first test. I ask others to take the tests for me at times to see if they handle the information differently than I do. Surprising results. I would suggest the same for you.



    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    and I INTP, do you think I'm INTP?
    I would ask the same question I asked LadyX. What was your first test connected to? MBTI or CF.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Mbti related I think.
    Which test first told you ENFP?

  7. #217
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lith View Post
    I used to have a problem with people mistyping themselves but I don't any more. Pseudoscience is impossible to standardize, that's what makes it pseudoscience. People can turn it into whatever they want it to be, and they do. If a pseudoscience even survives it's because there's a core of purists somewhere, working to protect the underlying principles from getting watered down too much by the general public. Otherwise it all turns to mush.
    True I suppose.

    But I have to play the devil's advocate for a minute and talk about astrology. Astrology is a pseudoscience, but its categories are predetermined, so it is impossible to be mistyped unless you don't know your birth date and someone has to guess and guesses incorrectly. Astrology is absurdly complex, and very much inclusive of all of human nature and variation when applied to an individual (rather than generalized horoscopes); but it is only useful if people can see themselves in their chart, which they won't if they reject it based on the fact that it has no scientific explanation. Personally I think the archetypes of the zodiac signs are useful in and of themselves, and a lot of people find they fit their chart and can consequently get a better understanding of themselves; so to that end it has validity. the same process could be said about MBTI. It's helpful to you if you fit a type (or multiple types) and can use it to better understand yourself, and it's not helpful if you don't. Of course both of these have some sort of objective truth to them, but since they are applied to people that becomes less important than their usefulness.

  8. #218
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post


    I would ask the same question I asked LadyX. What was your first test connected to? MBTI or CF.

    MBTI
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #219
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Same as LadyX what test called you an INTJ? The difference is very large between the questions asked for both tests. Yes, some actions come from specific thoughts and so they are connected, but the biggest hurdle you seem to be trying to get past right now is T and F which is drastically different between Myers-Briggs and Jungian Functions.

    However, testing in general is not reliable at any rate because the test will tell you what your type is before you took the test, and can't include the fact that the test has colored your impression of yourself; which, is also why reading the cognitive functions does the same thing. We can't determine how much reading those descriptions truly changed how you thought about the test.

    I should add a clarification to my original statement and say that the person cannot test themselves accurately after their first test. I ask others to take the tests for me at times to see if they handle the information differently than I do. Surprising results. I would suggest the same for you.





    I would ask the same question I asked LadyX. What was your first test connected to? MBTI or CF.



    Which test first told you ENFP?
    Omg Idk. It was a long time ago but pretty much every one after that.

    I'm not worried about it. I honestly just thought your comment was silly. The test is only as good as its questions. Which often suck.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #220

    Default

    T and F are often the hardest to decide. I tested istp initially, in cog tests and other tests. In a way I agree that you have one time fresh on tests, but there is the test quality and your understanding of self. Interesting idea.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] why do people with introverted intuition....?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 01:49 PM
  2. Why do people need identification with types?
    By hacbad macbar in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
  3. why do I keep becoming friends with manipulative people?
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO