User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

I truly believe you get one chance at an accurate typing.

Unfortunately that time has long passed, for you, and for almost everyone on this site.

You must be able to answer these questions without any prior knowledge. If you begin to analyze it you lose the raw data, it becomes meta and your impression of yourself gets distorted. Any test after the first is confirmation bias.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I tested infp first. Do you think I'm infp?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I have considered it many times, and I evaluate each comment. I just have reasons why I think of things differently, and people don't really want to thoroughly discuss all the details because they see that as arguing. Well, I can't change my mind without argument. I can't believe I'm wrong until I'm proven wrong. I can't change my mind based on social pressure. Even if I think I should, if I don't believe it, I don't. If I could just agree with everyone so they wouldn't be annoyed anymore, I'd probably do it. But I can't because I don't. I might in the future, but it takes a lot of in depth comments about specific cognitive functions and function order and specifically how they apply to me and why my characteristics can't be explained by other CF's. And if people don't want to go to all that trouble, I'm not going to change my mind. If people are annoyed enough, that's what they have to do. Debate with me about my type and win. I am listening. And I am starting to see how I could be INFP, I'm just not there yet.
    Have you considered being a 9 as well? That and 6 are possibly the hardest to type out of the lot. When 9s look inward, they're like 'ah, but I do that too!' and all, so it makes typing a challenge.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

You're INTP. Im sure. Im the ultimate INTP(hehe), and i get your inferior Fe. It's simply about being a sensitive person, i think.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Hey, I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to let the mess settle and to sort out the bad/useless info from the good. I know it must be frustrating to be confused about your type and to have people tell you what you are, but with some people it just doesn't click immediately. Anyway you'll be amazed at how much your understanding of type, the functions and yourself improves over time (even if you think you have your understanding down pat).

I personally go back and forth when I try to work out your type. Whenever, I decide you must be a INTP, you write something that makes me think you're a INFP. Then whenever I decide you're Fi-dom, you say something that sounds so utterly Ti and again I am filled with doubt - you certainly seem borderline. You should probably talk more to some of the other borderline INXPs (or INXPs who have seriously considered if they are both at some point) like @OrangeAppled and @SuchIrony (both of whom also happen to be smart and well-informed ) and see how they have grasped the differences. I also believe I have INTP qualities myself which has been a little confusing in the past but consider myself firmly a INFP and Fi-dom.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    No, you fit with my image of ENFP.

(Now I should do what I ask of other people and give reasons. Thinking how to say it...)
    Your communication style looks like my ENFP sister's (minus all the profanity haha), and I can see similarities to Elfboy's. INFP's tend to put all of their thoughts into words and ENFP's tend to use words to convey impressions. Unless INFP's are being poetic, in which case they use words to convey impressions too. But ENFP's are casual about it. They convey enthusiasm and friendliness most of the time rather than poetry. They want to give the impression of whatever attitude they are feeling at the time. It has a light-hearted or passionate tone usually. INFPs' writing style has a heavier and more serious tone usually.

(Thoughts: so in analyzing what I just said I realized I talked about nuances of tone, which could be Fi. But the way I picked apart the differences with pairs of contrasting terms is something that would have struck me as Ti before. I'm starting to see what Fi could look like.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    No, you fit with my image of ENFP.

(Now I should do what I ask of other people and give reasons. Thinking how to say it...)
    Your communication style looks like my ENFP sister's (minus all the profanity haha), and I can see similarities to Elfboy's. INFP's tend to put all of their thoughts into words and ENFP's tend to use words to convey impressions. Unless INFP's are being poetic, in which case they use words to convey impressions too. But ENFP's are casual about it. They convey enthusiasm and friendliness most of the time rather than poetry. They want to give the impression of whatever attitude they are feeling at the time. It has a light-hearted or passionate tone usually. INFPs' writing style has a heavier and more serious tone usually.

(Thoughts: so in analyzing what I just said I realized I talked about nuances of tone, which could be Fi. But the way I picked apart the differences with pairs of contrasting terms is something that would have struck me as Ti before. I'm starting to see what Fi could look like.)
    Hey yeah sorry. I wasn't really asking. I mean I was asking the person above me who said you get one chance to get it right.

But yeah the way you thought it through is not unlike fi ne si
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    You're INTP. Im sure. Im the ultimate INTP(hehe), and i get your inferior Fe. It's simply about being a sensitive person, i think.
    What is the "ultimate INTP" like?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Do you remember which test you took first? Was it CF related or was it MBTI? I think it could be argued that you would have a discrepancy between the two scores.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    I truly believe you get one chance at an accurate typing.

Unfortunately that time has long passed, for you, and for almost everyone on this site.

You must be able to answer these questions without any prior knowledge. If you begin to analyze it you lose the raw data, it becomes meta and your impression of yourself gets distorted. Any test after the first is confirmation bias.
    Interesting idea. By that logic I should be INTJ since I had no prior knowledge when I took the test the first time. But it could still have been inaccurate since my choice of answers was based on negative associations I had with some of the words (on the thinking versus feeling axis) and on other people's expectations for what I should do on the judging versus perceiving axis.

I personally think it's possible to accurately type with a lot of knowledge, if you have solid categories of functions which are inclusive enough of human nature, and then describe them accurately and completely; then put them together into the types in such a way as to make sense in a system.

Like Fi versus Fe to me means everything that could be associated with feeling expressed in a "rational" way in the conscious mind, directed either inward or outward. Fi would take in information, reflect on it from the inside, direct it outward with Te as needed, then bring it back inside to be integrated into a system. Fe would take primitive feeling (shadow Fi) and direct it outward in search of reflection; when it finds something like itself to connect to it takes the information in to be incorporated into a system by Ti, then directs it outward again in the form of connecting to and organizing one's environment. Fi goes in out in, and Fe goes out in out. I believe it is the same process with all the introverted and extroverted functions respectively.

All this sounds great in theory, but it's difficult to apply without examples of what it looks like in people. One could of course get a sense for the "direction" one's processes go.