Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Thanks very much. This helps a lot. I can see where my thought processes would be Te more than Ti a lot. I use Ti, but it's more to fine tune definitions, establish categories, and distill things into their main ideas; my N function recognizes patterns, then I think the decisions and conclusions are filtered through Te. So INTJ is becoming a good fit. My thought processes certainly seem to fit. I have thought for awhile that I make decisions like INTJ, but I didn't think I reached conclusions this way; now it looks like I do.
    Hold on, editing...
    Indeed INTJ could very well be your type, either that or INxP though you do seem to use a little bit too much Ni to be INxP and you also look very Fi so the question would be are you Ni or Fi dominant? I think you are Ni dominant since INFP does not have Ni and Te is in the tertiary but INTJ has it!

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    OR you just aren't an INTP.
    That's what I was getting at. (Explaining my reasoning with CF's.)

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Indeed INTJ could very well be your type, either that or INxP though you do seem to use a little bit too much Ni to be INxP and you also look very Fi so the question would be are you Ni or Fi dominant? I think you are Ni dominant since INFP does not have Ni and Te is in the tertiary but INTJ has it!
    Yeah. And I was thinking about my answers to the questions in the video challenge (so I could know what I was talking about instead of babbling, and also because I can't wait), and I observed that my values center around 1) making sense (Ni+Te+Fi) and 2) establishing the purpose of things and ensuring that they serve that purpose (Ni+Te). It seems what I took for objective logic (Ti) is in fact utilitarianism (Te) more often than not. (My arguments are so often 'what's the point? what's the point? that doesn't make sense. that's useless/defeats the purpose'.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think you need to read more about fi.

here's something...i'll keep looking.
    Approximately 12-15 percent of the general population are introverted feelers (IF), a temperament type that is subjective and, according to Jung, “continually seeking an image which has no existence in reality, but which it has seen in a kind of vision. It glides unheedingly over all objects that do not fit in with its aim. It strives after inner intensity, for which the objects serve at most as a stimulus” (Psychological Types, para. 638).

The depth of this feeling can only be guessed–it can never be clearly grasped. It makes people silent and difficult of access; it shrinks back like a violet from the brute nature of the object in order to fill the depths of the subject. It comes out with negative judgments or assumes an air of profound indifference as a means of defence. The primordial images are, of course, just as much ideas as feelings. Fundamental ideas, ideas like God, freedom, and immortality, are just as much feeling values as they are significant ideas. Everything, therefore, that we have said about introverted thinking is equally true of introverted feeling, only here everything is felt while there it was thought. But the very fact that thoughts can generally be expressed more intelligibly than feelings demands a more than ordinary descriptive or artistic ability before the real wealth of this feeling can be even approximately presented or communicated to the world. If subjective thinking can be understood only with difficulty because of its unrelatedness, this is true in even higher degree of subjective feeling. In order to communicate with others, it has to find an external form not only acceptable to itself, but capable of arousing a parallel feeling in them.

Thanks to the relatively great inner (as well as outer) uniformity of human beings, it is actually possible to do this, though the form acceptable to feeling is extraordinarily difficult to find so long as it is still mainly oriented to the fathomless store of primordial images. If, however, feeling is falsified by an egocentric attitude, it at once becomes unsympathetic, because it is then concerned mainly with the ego. It inevitably creates the impression of sentimental self-love, of trying to make itself interesting, and even of morbid self-admiration.

Just as the subjectivized consciousness of the introverted thinker, striving after abstraction to the nth degree, only succeeds in intentisfying a thought process that is in itself empty, the intensification of egocentric feeling only leads to inane transports of feeling for their own sake. This is the mystical, ecstatic stage which opens the way for the extraverted functions that feeling has repressed. Just as introverted thinking is counterbalanced by a primitive feeling, to which objects attach themselves with magical force, introverted feeling is counterbalanced by a primitive thinking, whose concretism and slavery to facts surpass all bounds. Feeling progressively emancipates itself from the object and creates for itself a freedom of action and conscience that is purely subjective, and may even renounce all traditional values. But so much the more does unconscious thinking fall a victim to the power of objective reality.

Jung continues to discuss the introverted feeling type (IF) by stating that this type is often silent, inaccessible, hard to understand, hides behind a childish or banal mask, and is inclined to melancholy. In fact, as many as 65-85% of people diagnosed with major depressive episode are introverted feelers. Introverted Feelers value peace and harmony above almost anything else; strong emotions are struck down “with murderous coldness” or nearly paralyze the IF. In women, especially, introverted feeling tends to come off as cold because the strong feeling component is introjected rather than sent outward by projection onto others. In pathological introverted feelers, there is a tendency to overpower or coerce others to get one’s way, “in the form of a domineering influence often difficult to define” (para. 642). Introverted feeling women tend to attract extraverted men, for their power touches the unconscious in the man.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

here's another

Although the two functions oppose each other, in Psychological Types Jung said that Feeling was very much like Thinking...

"Everything...that we have said about introverted thinking is equally true of introverted feeling, only here everything is felt while there it was thought..."(p.388, Hull edition)

(My internal sense of symmetry makes me suspect that the same similarity exists between extraverted thinking and extraverted feeling as well.)

What exactly is this "Everything" that Jung talks about? Does he mean that Feeling, like Thinking, is a process involving "reflection"? Does he mean that they are both "reasonable", even "logical"?

It seems to me that what Thinking and Feeling have in common that they both put things in order, or "build" a kind of structure. Thinking builds according to impersonal logic, and Feeling builds according to personal values. So in the first case, it is thought, and in the second case it is felt. For example, both the introverted rational functions try to "realize" the primordial images. They build their structures according to the "dictates" of these images, giving form to the elusive images. Both try to grasp the images through a sort of contemplation process. Thinking tries to understand it. It translates what it understands into logical language, creating intricate philosophical systems. Feeling...well, feeling feels it, and gives form to its values in art, poetry, etc. The art, poetry, etc., comunicates the values to others by bringing about a parallel feeling in other people, by "striking" upon their inner "images".

I must disagree with the distinction between understanding as the aim of thinking, and feeling as the tautological aim of feeling. Both functions seek to make sense of and impose an order on the world that is encountered; in a word, to understand. The distinction lies in the fact that the systems built up by thinking are built upon an impersonal logic (i.e. what does x mean?) while those built by feeling are built upon a personal logic (i.e. what does x mean to me?). Thinking takes as its starting point the position of the objective spectator while feeling begins from that of the subjective participant.

It is this system buiding tendency that gives thinking and feeling their surprising similarity. With an extraverted orientation this might translate into etiquette and law; coresponding to feeling and thinking respectively. With an introverted orientation the distinction becomes even less obvious as both Ti and Fi have a characteristic philosophical bent. In the former case this might resemble a school such as pragmatism with a focus on universal and overarching principles, while existentialism may be an Fi school of philosophy with its focus on the individual and his experience of the world.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that's a poor assumption...that is if she's an enfp. ne doms think like crazy. we may not dissect it in a ti way but the thinking doesn't stop. there's a lot of analyzing going on...it's madness...i sometimes worry that i may have an aneurism.
    Yes sorry, that was worded poorly. My idea of thinking is the in depth, analytical kind.

do you relate more to ni than ne?
    have you taken a cognition function test?
    do you fully understand fi?
    how does this discussion make you feel?
    what would be the ideal outcome for you?
    is intp your favorite type?
    1) I'm not sure. (See 2)
    2) Yes, and it looked something like:
    Ni, Ti, Ne, Te, Si, Fi, Fe, Se.
    3) Not in the least. It all seems so vague and poetic (and I assure you I don't think in poetry- pictures yes), and filled with words I question the validity of, such as "good and bad," "right and wrong," "moral," "sacrifice," etc. And honestly I don't think I'm Fi dominant for a lot of reasons, including the fact that I think feeling a certain way about something is not sufficient justification for any kind of opinion other than simply assessing how I feel. I would always filter my feeling judgments through my thinking to test them for practicality and adherence to reality (at least as I see it).
    4) Right now since we appear to be getting somewhere and things are starting to make sense, I feel pretty good.
    5) To be able to explain every way I'm atypical of the types thoroughly and irrefutably, with at least a paragraph of reasoning and evidence. (I know, it's a bit ambitious. But it's what I enjoy. I like analyzing things and making them make sense.)
    6) I am quite fond of it. It's kind of sexy. :P And reading the generalized description did seem to explain every trait I have which has been annoying/alienating to others over the course of my life.

I.e. stubbornness, (according to some people) thinking like a computer and being robotic, not being emotionally expressive, lacking awareness of and sensitivity to other people, being blunt and accidentally offending people, not being in touch with emotions (I've changed this a lot), asking too many questions, living life from a place of detached observation, being argumentative, etc.

I was kind of attached to how well I thought it fit me. And the generalized description here really does.
    http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html
    Except for the things which don't fit, which have been pointed out to me, with which I can no longer argue.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well damn i wish you had a webcam! i think i'd be able to tell.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Awesome Fi information, @Lady X! Those were a lot more clear and concrete than trying to understand Jung's rambling.

I'm starting to like Fi more as it doesn't seem to just be about deciding things based on how you feel about them (tends to lead to irrationality) and becoming a melodramatic depressive artist (barf. Enough wrist-slitting).

Edit: Cool, we have negative-stereotype Fi emoticons!

Lol sorry, I'm awful.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Cool I thought those put it pretty clearly.

And hey... Do you have video on your cellphone?

Cuz that could work.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Cool I thought those put it pretty clearly.

And hey... Do you have video on your cellphone?

Cuz that could work.
    Nope. I don't even have a frickin camera that works. We have 5 here; one is not digital, and the other 4 don't work. Crazy. My video camera should work, I just need to figure out how to turn it on and find the charger. Not necessarily in that order of course.