User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Thank you that's what I already said! Greenfairy could very well be INTJ you know with the Ni and Fi coming all together!
    right yeah that might be a good fit i don't know yet. i think i could tell in a video.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm back from a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok, so I don't sound like INTP or argue like one, and I have flaws in my reasonings. That may be. Mind telling me the reasons behind these statements? So I can agree with you? I'm willing to if you can provide me with something to agree with. How do INTP's argue in your experience? How do they sound?
    I will now attempt at juxtaposing the workings of Ti and Te as I understand them, with the purpose of showing you that you probably do not have Ti in your top four functions (I believe you have Te instead).

Notice that a number of INTPs have been telling you that you don't seem to be/sound like an INTP. Our dominant function is Ti, which enables us to build our own subjective logical frameworks/models we use to explain/size up the world. Basically, the gist of the argument the INTPs on this thread have been making is this: "You don't seem to fit within my subjectively defined framework of INTP. You + my internal model/definition of INTP = does not compute." The framework each INTP has come up with (through reading up on typology material, observing people of different types, and self reflection, in this case) differs more or less with each INTP - thus it is introverted thinking. It's subjective; it's individualized. We Ti users continue to fine-tune and hone our definitions/frameworks as new information comes in. The aforthmentioned "new information" generally consist of patterns and similarities between things/ideas that's picked up by our auxillary function, Ne.

To me, this is not how you seem to think and reason. Instead, you seem to want to hear unambiguous, objective external evidence that would "prove [you] wrong (or right)" about your type, and use explicit (in other words, generalized) logical procedures in trying to determine your type. These inclinations seem to be what causes you to overrely on online descriptions/tests of MBTI types and cognitive functions (IMO anyway). You claimed to require external validation to form your conclusions in one of your other posts. That's usually a sign of Te. Also, this "I'm not going to change my opinion unless you can prove to me that I'm wrong/give me evidence, evidence, EVIDENCE" attitude is something I've observed in (presumably less than healthy) Te users, for the most part. Correlation, not causation, of course.

Sorry if I'm not being clear enough with the explanations. This is proving to be a difficult task; I tried.

And can you give me one example of a flaw in my reasoning so I can attempt to correct it?
    A couple of other members have already helped me out with this part, but I'll dig up another one:

I tested as INTJ in high school because I hated emotionally dramatic people and people basing their decisions purely on emotion.
    Here, you seem to be saying that you decided against typing yourself a feeler simply because you hated "emotionally dramatic people and people basing their decisions purely on emotion." From this, it is possible for me to conclude that you're prone to typing yourself based on traits you like and dislike in people, and not necessarily traits you actually do possess. Besides, that snippet I put in quotation marks isn't a very accurate depiction of healthy feelers.
    Last edited by copperfish17; 08-22-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: typos, grammatical errors
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm gonna officially suggest what others already have. Put a video up on that Video type me thread. It could help a lot.
    Well I don't have a webcam, so I have to get my video camera working, and that may take a bit. I'm not the most techno oriented. Another point for not-INTP.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I'm sorry but really an intp would just never say this

Compare yourself to other intps. Can't you see the difference?
    I acknowledge I'm different. Having more experience with INTP's now I can see that. I would say this post (edit: the one you are quoting) has either Fi or Fe in it, because I am "considering the human element" of things and being concerned with social harmony. Either INFP or INFJ or maybe even ENFP might say this, although I don't know because I don't have extensive experience yet with any type other than INTP's. And a couple of the feeling type people I know the best (XNFJ and INFP) are rather dysfunctional, so don't give the best picture of the type. (My ENFP sister is pretty cool, but I think about things way more than she does...) Meandering thoughts again. Could be Ne, but probably not very Ti atm.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

was ni a typo?
    You don't think I have well developed Ni? That's been pretty much the consensus thus far...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

which an intp wouldn't have!! haha i'm sorry but an intp would never even start a thread with this intention. it's just clear as day to me. i mean...i can't be certain you're infp...maybe you're intj.

there's a frustrating quality here that i've seen in other intjs...so maybe there's something to that.
    Ok. I can see that. I attributed it to inferior Fe being overly concerned with other people's expectations. (Fe behavior manifested in an unhealthy way; but if INTP's don't do it, it's probably something else.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Ok. I can see that. I attributed it to inferior Fe being overly concerned with other people's expectations. (Fe behavior manifested in an unhealthy way; but if INTP's don't do it, it's probably something else.)

OR you just aren't an INTP.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    On one forum, it was proposed that those with typings that "didn't make sense" should have their types forcibly changed.

Thankfully, that was not this forum.

In my opinion that would defeat the purpose of the forum. Although it would make things more efficient, as people could always post from the perspective of the ways they do fit their assigned type.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    I will now attempt at juxtaposing the workings of Ti and Te as I understand them, with the purpose of showing you that you probably do not have Ti in your top four functions (I believe you have Te instead).

Notice that a number of INTPs have been telling you that you don't seem to be/sound like an INTP. Our dominant function is Ti, which enables us to build our own subjective logical frameworks/models we use to explain/size up the world. Basically, the gist of the argument the INTPs on this thread have been making is this: "You don't seem to fit within my subjectively defined framework of INTP. You + my internal model/definition of INTP = does not compute." The framework each INTP has come up with (through reading up on typology material, observing people of different types, and self reflection, in this case) differs more or less with each INTP - thus it is introverted thinking. It's subjective; it's individualized. We Ti users continue to fine-tune and hone our definitions/frameworks as new information comes in. The aforthmentioned "new information" generally consist of patterns and similarities between things/ideas that's picked up by our auxillary function, Ne.

To me, this is not how you seem to think and reason. Instead, you seem to want to hear unambiguous, objective external evidence that would "prove [you] wrong (or right)" about your type, and use explicit (in other words, generalized) logical procedures in trying to determine your type. These inclinations seem to be what causes you to overrely on online descriptions/tests of MBTI types and cognitive functions (IMO anyway). You claimed to require external validation to form your conclusions in one of your other posts. That's usually a sign of Te. Also, this "I'm not going to change my opinion unless you can prove to me that I'm wrong/give me evidence, evidence, EVIDENCE" attitude is something I've observed in (presumably less than healthy) Te users, for the most part. Correlation, not causation, of course.
    No, you're great with explanations! Thanks very much. This helps a lot. I can see where my thought processes would be Te more than Ti a lot. I use Ti, but it's more to fine tune definitions, establish categories, and distill things into their main ideas (edit: and discern underlying principles); my N function recognizes patterns, then I think the decisions and conclusions are filtered through Te. So INTJ is becoming a good fit. My thought processes certainly seem to fit. I have thought for awhile that I make decisions like INTJ, but I didn't think I reached conclusions this way; now it looks like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Here, you seem to be saying that you decided against typing yourself a feeler simply because you hated "emotionally dramatic people and people basing their decisions purely on emotion." From this, it is possible for me to conclude that you're prone to typing yourself based on traits you like and dislike in people, and not necessarily traits you actually do possess. Besides, that snippet I put in quotation marks isn't a very accurate depiction of healthy feelers.
    Yes; I put that in as a disclaimer- that I could be INTJ but my reasoning at the time was extremely faulty. The fact is that I don't have much experience with healthy feelers, so it's hard for me to not assume they're all like the annoying unbalanced ones I know and love. Even though I know it's not true, my unconscious associations influence my thoughts and I start thinking that simply being a feeler is conducive to becoming emotionally unbalanced at any moment for any reason because those are the only real observations I have to wrap my mind around. (Te again? Sounds like it.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I acknowledge I'm different. Having more experience with INTP's now I can see that. I would say this post (edit: the one you are quoting) has either Fi or Fe in it, because I am "considering the human element" of things and being concerned with social harmony. Either INFP or INFJ or maybe even ENFP might say this, although I don't know because I don't have extensive experience yet with any type other than INTP's. And a couple of the feeling type people I know the best (XNFJ and INFP) are rather dysfunctional, so don't give the best picture of the type. (My ENFP sister is pretty cool, but I think about things way more than she does...) Meandering thoughts again. Could be Ne, but probably not very Ti atm.
    that's a poor assumption...that is if she's an enfp. ne doms think like crazy. we may not dissect it in a ti way but the thinking doesn't stop. there's a lot of analyzing going on...it's madness...i sometimes worry that i may have an aneurism.

but really...i understand what you're saying about inferior fe. i have a brother in law that i find to be pretty emotional...and my guess is that he's an intp...but he could be infj. which sounds strange i'm sure...but i'm in full agreement that some people are hard to type....some people don't fit neatly in the box. but this guy is way more sensitive and emotional than i am...maybe he's an infp too

so...all i can say really is that you do not fit neatly in an intp box. you do not vibe like intps...and i think it's most likely that you're an infp.

do you relate more to ni than ne?
    have you taken a cognition function test?
    do you fully understand fi?
    how does this discussion make you feel?
    what would be the ideal outcome for you?
    is intp your favorite type?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison