User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    The premise of this thread is ridiculous, as in, 'people owe it to me to prove me wrong'. As if people have the time, energy and desire to waste more on the delusional, beyond the time and energy they've already wasted.

Analogous would be trying to prove to a paranoid schizophrenic, that they're a paranoid schizophrenic. Good luck with that!
    I'm simply saying being typed as the one I chose regardless of the truth of it was something that worked for me at the moment and seemed true to me. It seems to bother people, and instead of saying F you I don't care whether you like my mistype or not I'm doing you all a favor by hearing your reasoning so maybe I'll change my mind if it's true, and then you won't be bothered anymore. I could just say I'm choosing to be INTP even if I'm wrong and that's that, but I figure you NT's who think I'm not would find that even more annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Your argument that the burden of proof is on others doesn't make sense. It's like if I were to go around declaring loudly that I was 100% Asian, despite the fact that my cultural demeanor, my features, my colouring and so on all declared otherwise. It's not that it really matters one way or the other, but it's hard for people to avoid pointing out the obvious, or else wanting additional information that would give more context/information to your statement.

You're kind of asking for it by choosing to represent yourself the way you do on the forum. From the short time you have been here, all of the information people have just points away from you being an NT. However, if you have additional information/context, or even if it just makes you feel better, you can choose to be any type you want. It just means that you will probably have to put up with the occasional comment from people who are going to state what appears obvious to them.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    It seems to bother people,
    I hope I can ask this without it becoming a clusterfuck..

..but has this happened outside of this and any other threads about your type? Do people actually bring your type up out of the blue, or does it only happen when you ask questions about your type?

(I'd love to steer all of this into an actual conversation about why people care so much about others' typings, but, well, that assumes that people do actually care.)

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    All we have to go on are your posts, and people like andante have pain-stakingly (if aggressively) picked them apart to show where it looks like you are preferring one cog func over another. You refuse to listen to anyone.
    I do appreciate that; I was just frustrated because I couldn't see how said Cf's applied, and there wasn't any reasoning behind the particular Cf labels. I am listening; numerous times I've said I can see your point and listed my reasons why I agree or why I think I can in fact appear that way. So my mind is shifting, it's just a gradual process. I go about it like a scientific theory; I gather and weigh evidence on both sides. Evidence is currently stacked in different places, and it continually shifts and re-sorts itself.
    At this point people are getting a bit bored with the attention-whoring. Most newbs do not try to monopolise forum resources in the way you have. I mentioned before how inconsiderate I thought you were being. Not just with all the egocentric posting but other behaviours too (like your PM to me out of the blue, telling me to do something for you without even introducing yourself). When someone like me complains about your netiquette, you gotta know you reeaally fucked up.
    You have explained that you have poor social skills, are perhaps a bit autistic - such things make typing harder, and, honestly, moot.
    There's something passive aggressive about the way you keep needling people for responses, then not listening to anything they tell you. Then play the victim by starting threads like this one to complain, and elicit more attention.
    I appreciate you pointing these out to me. I had no idea I needed to introduce myself in my message to you. (Honestly I don't remember what it was about, but I think I thought you were a mod of some sort.) I thought I was using the forum for its intended purpose, which was (partly) to have fun typing people, and I thought I would be especially fun since I'm an unusual person. I enjoy doing that on here with other people. So I'll do that less knowing it's bad ettiquette and try to figure out what proper forum use is. Maybe I was being passive-aggressive. Which I don't like, and I will make an effort to stop doing.

When I pointed out to you that Ti did not appear to be a strength, you answered that you sucked at all the other functions too, but somehow the net result gave you moments of greatness. How does one argue with that?
    Honestly I don't know, because it confuses me too.

I accept that you can be INTP and suck at Ti. I dont believe preference = strength. I do not think you are, because I mostly identify other INTPs by a kind of gut recognition I get when I read their posts. I dont get that with you. Nada. I'm not saying this is a watertight case, nothing in typology is.

To reiterate, most people don't care how you type yourself. It's the other stuff that pisses people off. But I'm fairly certain, given your threads, you dont much care about pissing people off.

If you still feel you're INTP, call yourself that. Honestly, no one cares.
    I'll read more and think about it, and I might change my mind at some point. At this point all I can be sure about is inferior or shadow Fe and well developed Ni.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I hope I can ask this without it becoming a clusterfuck..

..but has this happened outside of this and any other threads about your type? Do people actually bring your type up out of the blue, or does it only happen when you ask questions about your type?

(I'd love to steer all of this into an actual conversation about why people care so much about others' typings, but, well, that assumes that people do actually care.)
    Well it did on my latest kind of failed thread, because it was about touchy feel-y poetic stuff which I thought I would try getting into for a change; I didn't think about the fact that that too is what people have to go on in trying to type me (which I really should have considered as they had no way of knowing what my motivations were in posting it or how I felt about it). People thought it looked Fi, and honestly it kind of did. Or Fe + Ni was my argument. But definitely not INTP-looking. I automatically give weight to "evidence" in my mind according to what I've read and organized, and what I know about myself, and don't really think about the fact that other people aren't in my mind.

From what I gather it's not that people care perse, it just bothers them when things don't make sense. And honestly it bothers me just as much when things don't make sense to me- I just don't apply that to people's types. But I can understand if something like that jumps out at you. I hadn't really looked at it that way before, but it makes sense. In which case there's not a neat answer except to not choose a type, because either way someone is going to think it doesn't make sense. So that's where I currently am.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Your argument that the burden of proof is on others doesn't make sense. It's like if I were to go around declaring loudly that I was 100% Asian, despite the fact that my cultural demeanor, my features, my colouring and so on all declared otherwise. It's not that it really matters one way or the other, but it's hard for people to avoid pointing out the obvious, or else wanting additional information that would give more context/information to your statement.

You're kind of asking for it by choosing to represent yourself the way you do on the forum. From the short time you have been here, all of the information people have just points away from you being an NT. However, if you have additional information/context, or even if it just makes you feel better, you can choose to be any type you want. It just means that you will probably have to put up with the occasional comment from people who are going to state what appears obvious to them.
    That's a good point too. Except that a type isn't as obvious as ethnicity. And you could be saying you grew up in Asia, and people thought you meant ethnicity just to continue the example.

I presented myself in the way I did because I thought people would be interested in my theories for why I am atypical of my (now hypothetical) type. A couple of people did see it that way; RaptorWizard and Mal+ also have a theory of tri-types and corresponding CF distribution, and we had some fun discussing these. I also was interested in discussing how being pagan would affect being atypical. It appears the consensus is that it doesn't. No matter, it was fun exploring the question. So I didn't successfully present that I suppose, or people just weren't all that interested in explaining somewhat extreme type variation.

That said, I have a much better understanding of why I've gotten the reaction I have, and I can see how it would be reasonable. I appreciate the feedback.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think I thought you were a mod of some sort
    Heh. You're not too great at reading context, eh?

I'm tempted to tell you to go and ask what they think @ INTPc, but I'm not that cruel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So to sum it up: I now have the answers to all the (partly rhetorical) questions in the OP.

I can understand if it's just something that jumps out as inaccurate- like if you keep looking at someone's clock and it's like 6 hours off and it's just so persistently wrong that you have to go and reset it. Which I can understand because this particular scenario has happened to me about a million times.

I was totally incorrect in my understanding of people's motivations and forum usage, because being (probably) somewhat autistic my Fe is inferior to everyone else's. No sarcasm here, it's a fact.

So sorry; I've taken all advice into consideration and will act accordingly.

(And just for the record my type is officially XNXX for now, and unofficially IENTFPJS with INTP kind of hovering around the center but not occupying a fixed position. Like an electron orbiting a nucleus.)

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Heh. You're not too great at reading context, eh?

I'm tempted to tell you to go and ask what they think @ INTPc, but I'm not that cruel.
    Not at all.

Haha. I was considering it, but perhaps I won't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

... Except that a type isn't as obvious as ethnicity.
    Honestly, in this case, it is.