User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm popping in here to say that this happens in many different kinds of typing people. I have seen it on style forums, where the group is working with different styles each having a set of parameters, and someone declares herself to be a match and belonging to one of them, and the rest of the group is like, the hell you are, for pete's sake, are you blind, and calls her out at every turn. What we came to see is that over time, the person miscategorizing herself would eventually realize that she had miscategorized herself on her own. That in the meantime, she was enjoying (for whatever reason) believing that she belonged to the type she assigned to herself. So we learned to leave it alone or very gently occasionally suggest rather than to call the person out. It's not how that works here.

The thing is, if people here think you are no freakin' frakin' way a whatever you say you are, they're probably right, actually. And they're probably old timers here, who have seen this play out so many times that they don't have patience for it anymore. They really can see you coming a mile away while you're still struggling to find your outline in the mirror in the dark. FWIW.

Edit: In other words, what Orange said.

I have had similar experience with astrology. I was taken to a party once by a friend -- I didn't know anyone there but my friend -- I was asked if I could go around the room and say everyone's sun sign. I did. The way I knew who was a Virgo was because he immediately said astrology is bullshit. :-D See how that works? That's the kind of people you're in with, on the typology thing. They know not only that it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck: they know all the duck calls, how lame ducks walk, how young ducks walk, they speak fluent duck in many languages.

garbage

Sometimes, I wonder if it's OCD.

Similarly, it's fun to mess with engineers and accountants by leaving one stack of papers just slightly askew.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I like tilty's answer.

And these guys helped me when I joined to see I wasn't an infp. I didn't know either. I had just heard about mbti and taken a test like the day before or something.

It just muddies the data ya know? Like people learn by picking up patterns of behaviors from the posters and it just screws it all up if everyone's mistyped!

But it's hard for some people. Some people are totally hard to type. The video thread helps tho. I hope you try that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    picking up patterns of behaviors
    Intuition. Pattern matching.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The only pattern I've seen is E/ISFJs playing at being other types, agreeing with one another's experiences, and then expanding those experiences to the types they claim to be.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Because you want to be typed and people might get annoyed if you don't consider what they have to say.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Dang every thread the OP starts always transforms into smashing success and half the threads I have started hardly if at all even get any replies! People must be really interested in slamming their typing opinions into the heart and head of the OP because the last thing you need is a wannabe INTP ruining the show though I think the OP is INTx you people can think whatever other opinions you want!

I don't know if most people would call my threads "smashing successes..."

*Reads more posts, edits:
    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    *Questions your definition of "smashing success".*
    Right.

See, we have something in common!

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Because you want to be typed and people might get annoyed if you don't consider what they have to say.
    I have considered it many times, and I evaluate each comment. I just have reasons why I think of things differently, and people don't really want to thoroughly discuss all the details because they see that as arguing. Well, I can't change my mind without argument. I can't believe I'm wrong until I'm proven wrong. I can't change my mind based on social pressure. Even if I think I should, if I don't believe it, I don't. If I could just agree with everyone so they wouldn't be annoyed anymore, I'd probably do it. But I can't because I don't. I might in the future, but it takes a lot of in depth comments about specific cognitive functions and function order and specifically how they apply to me and why my characteristics can't be explained by other CF's. And if people don't want to go to all that trouble, I'm not going to change my mind. If people are annoyed enough, that's what they have to do. Debate with me about my type and win. I am listening. And I am starting to see how I could be INFP, I'm just not there yet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I have considered it many times, and I evaluate each comment. I just have reasons why I think of things differently, and people don't really want to thoroughly discuss all the details because they see that as arguing. Well, I can't change my mind without argument. I can't believe I'm wrong until I'm proven wrong. I can't change my mind based on social pressure. Even if I think I should, if I don't believe it, I don't. If I could just agree with everyone so they wouldn't be annoyed anymore, I'd probably do it. But I can't because I don't. I might in the future, but it takes a lot of in depth comments about specific cognitive functions and function order and specifically how they apply to me and why my characteristics can't be explained by other CF's. And if people don't want to go to all that trouble, I'm not going to change my mind. If people are annoyed enough, that's what they have to do. Debate with me about my type and win. I am listening. And I am starting to see how I could be INFP, I'm just not there yet.
    I realize that I may come across a little aggresive with the following post, but in no way am I trying to offend you.

You know, if you're really as sure as you seem to be about your type, why are you still looking for feedback? It seems to me that you're unwilling to budge on your preformed conclusion (that you must be some kind of NT), and that's why I deleted my second post in your other forum last night - I probably deleted it before you saw it. The impression I'm getting from you is that you aren't really interested in hearing an answer other than some variety of NT (though you claim to be open to debating on it). I would hazard a guess to say that many forum members (including myself) have simply given up trying to debate w/you because you seem to be so unopen to - even dismissive of - what they've got to say.

Also, I don't understand why you aren't taking time to do some serious research on the cognitive functions yourself, 'cause I'd assume that the majority of members on this forum don't have the time to spoon-feed you the information you need. You have all the resources you need on the Internet. Granted, there's a lot of downright awful material on the interwebs as well - which is why you should exercise prudence when you pick your resources.

Again, I'm just being frank with you and am not looking to offend. I'm sorry if I did, though.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

garbage

I do like when people talk about others' types and mistypes and their experiences with certain types and so on but refuse to list one for themselves

(not directed at the OP, at all)