• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FE USERS TALK ABOUT THEIR FE!

KDude

I wasn't trying to tailor his Fi btw. I'm trying to understand where he's coming from.. why he promotes his Te so much. It has nothing to do with "balancing" him. You're giving me far too much credit.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I doubt I'm Fi. I took a long time to think about it, so give me some credit. About the only thing I know about "values" is my experience with Christianity. I have "Catholic guilt" at best.

If you have a reason for it, please explain. Don't give me some bullshit like Z would and tell me my "colorful avatars are soooo ISFP" or something.

Oh. Sorry. You changed your type apparently. Although you don't seem to act much like an ISTP.

Whatever.

i totally understand that position and it goes back to what fidelia said as well. that the fi user talks about personal experience to relate to and connect to the other and fe users listen to and ask more questions about you to further understand and connect so our way feels self centered. i get it and it sucks and we do need to learn how to communicate differently with fe users perhaps....it truly does not mean what you think it means tho.

Well, probably not for all of you. (And not you. I genuinely like and respect you.)

...But I'm pretty sure it does, for some. I also am raising an ESFP, and it's pretty much par for the course.

KDude

Oh. Sorry. You changed your type apparently. Although you don't seem to act much like an ISTP.

Whatever.

No, fuck that. Give me a reason. :) Don't pull the lame "impression" stuff that Z does. I want a real debate on this... somewhere. maybe not here.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i totally understand that position and it goes back to what fidelia said as well. that the fi user talks about personal experience to relate to and connect to the other and fe users listen to and ask more questions about you to further understand and connect so our way feels self centered. i get it and it sucks and we do need to learn how to communicate differently with fe users perhaps....it truly does not mean what you think it means tho.

You should create one of those threads where you just quote the bickering and put "this is saturated with Fi" with ElfBoys and KDudes posts. Im to lazy to do it right now.

KDude

You should create one of those threads where you just quote the bickering and put "this is saturated with Fi" with ElfBoys and KDudes posts. Im to lazy to do it right now.

You just want some drama.. ;)

Funnily, you were one of the first people to call me Ti awhile back. Some thread about driving, I think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're seeming more istp to me. it feels as tho you've finally gotten to a place where you understand your true motivations.

KDude

you're seeming more istp to me. it feels as tho you've finally gotten to a place where you understand your true motivations.

I think so too. It's complicated what religion or trauma in particular can do for a TP's values or worldview. Maybe that goes for anyone.

My other reason for not being sure is just typology itself.. I'm learning as I go.

WheresMyBunnies

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think Fe has more to do with my perceptions and the resulting actions than it does with my feelings. It's not so much that I even care that much about Group Values, as I do in making sure that the outcome of the group interaction works for as many people as possible while still retaining realness. To me that sometimes means doing things that you aren't inclined to doing as long as it is not dangerous or immoral. I do find myself annoyed when people draw attention to themselves and their own wishes/moods/likes/dislikes because it seems immature to me. I may be missing information to put that into a better context, but my initial reaction is that it's self-centred.

What Ive read up until this post all resonate with me a lot.

But one thing thats very frustrating to me is people that totally destroys their own merits when they have to talk about themselves. Why not be proud of what you have achieved/experienced? There's nothing wrong with pride if its displayed in a gracious way.

My biggest issue is the ability to maintain friendships. Most of my friends are in relationships and its difficult for me to gain new friends even if I try, I still feel rejected by those I tried to make friends with. (mainly because of issues already explained by wolfie, fidelia and greenfairy). One of my good friends have been sick for the last 4 months having to be at home, he's got 2 spinal disc herniation, so he's pretty immobile. And for that time Ive seen him 2 maybe 3 times. And I feel really bad about that. I want to help, but I feel hindered by myself. Since I dont like to interfere in a situation, I really dont want to get in the way. But still feel that Ive not done enough to initiate the oppurtunity to help. Which is a feeling I have alot with my friends. I really want to reciprocate the friendship I feel with my friends. But feel drained out after being with them, since there's so much I want to do for them. I think its one of the reasons I always end up talking more in the last ten minutes I know Im there, than the whole evening combined. Or atleast the intensity in my communication rises immensely.

KDude

I think its one of the reasons I always end up talking more in the last ten minutes I know Im there, than the whole evening combined. Or atleast the intensity in my communication rises immensely.

Could that just be an introversion thing. I think I'm the most social, best listening at a "windup" in a party..late at night, where it's usually the coolest people I know. I'm glad others are gone.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So the very first thing I see in the Fi thread is Elfboy describing Fi.
And the very first thing I see in the Fe thread is Elfboy and Kdude (both Fi'ers) discussing Fi issues in this thread and why Elfboy needs to tailor his Fi.

This is why I ignore Fe and Fi threads. It's all about the Fi'ers, all the time, typically, even when it's not. Churning out lots of threads about Fe and explaining/defending the position kind of runs counter to respect for / deference to others, which is what Fe is about. It's already slanted against Fe, just by the nature of the discussion.

(Sorry. That was a Ti user with minor Fe saying, "This just makes no sense / seems imbalanced, so I mostly refuse to even play the game.")

yay someone gets it

WheresMyBunnies

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Could that just be an introversion thing. I think I'm the most social, best listening at a "windup" in a party..late at night, where it's usually the coolest people I know. I'm glad others are gone.

Yes and no. Clearly less people are more manageable. But I tend to do what i described even in one on one situations. I almost never feel fully content with the evening.

KDude

yay someone gets it

Gets what? Say something worthwhile instead of having inside jokes in public. Right from the start, it operates on some assumption that I'm here to "correct" Elfboy's Fi. I questioned whether he even was Fi to begin with (Fi ego, that is). And if I sound "touchy" for singling you out, I am. Everytime I get a "retyping" on this site, I have to deal with someone's mysterious "impressions". In Jungian terms, it's telling me that it's an Introverted Perception. I don't want to deal with that. I'm receptive to "Jungian rationals" who might tear me apart with something more substantial.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You just want some drama.. ;)

Funnily, you were one of the first people to call me Ti awhile back. Some thread about driving, I think.

Sorry, back from lunch. Had to cut my last thread short.

It was more an attempt to call out the bickering. Thats why I was to lazy, the main point was already made and it was "ineficient" for me to progress further.

KDude

Sorry, back from lunch. Had to cut my last thread short.

It was more an attempt to call out the bickering. Thats why I was to lazy, the main point was already made and it was "ineficient" for me to progress further.

It's cool. It is bickering. I've been drinking too much coffee, I think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's my problem too i realized! i'm a posting fool if i'm at home drinking coffee!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, fuck that. Give me a reason. :) Don't pull the lame "impression" stuff that Z does. I want a real debate on this... somewhere. maybe not here.

I don't honestly care enough to bother -- it's just a constant irritation I need to suck up (it's not just you, it's other people on this site too... like blatant and disruptive extroverts who claim to be the most peaceful type of introvert on the MBTI, for example) -- but thanks for being willing.

I don't even know who Haven is, btw, or what I am "getting" that met such approval. Gaaa.

EDIT: If you want me to view you as ISTP, though, a great start is to get a little flatter and detached in your approach, or get in my face more -- you still sound really apologetic and/or whiny when you complain about my response. That's kind of what I'm getting at. The nuances are off. ISTPs (and Ti primaries in general) don't as much give a shit.

R

Riva

Fe unlike Fi cannot be easily described in written format could it?

Basically Fe for me is not sympathy or empathy with words. It always always has to be followed by actions. That's my Fe for you.

KDude

I don't honestly care enough to bother -- it's just a constant irritation I need to suck up (it's not just you, it's other people on this site too... like blatant and disruptive extroverts who claim to be the most peaceful type of introvert on the MBTI, for example) -- but thanks for being willing.

I don't even know who Haven is, btw, or what I am "getting" that met such approval. Gaaa.

Cool. I can understand not caring enough. At this point though, I'd entertain "extrovert" before "Fi", if I'm going to be one of those people who are "something else". An extrovert who hates some things about myself. Not to mention I don't want to die. I'm more gunshy, not as impulsive. This is the axis I personally think I spin on and grapple with.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cool. I can understand not caring enough. At this point though, I'd entertain "extrovert" before "Fi", if I'm going to be one of those people who are "something else". An extrovert who hates some things about myself. Not to mention I don't want to die. I'm more gunshy, not as impulsive. This is the axis I personally think I spin on and grapple with.

Just pick a different type, I did...LOL