User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    please and thank you.
    At least with a good chunk of Fe doms I have known, we have a tendency of sounding adamant and absolute about things but in the scheme of things, we can actually be pretty flexible about people and some things.. Fe dom pronouncements aren't typically as black and white as they seem (at least with me, I have this really bad tendency of saying tidbits in the moment without fully explaining myself...foot in mouth disease). Sometimes, I do regret what I say because it comes out faster than the actual rational for it. Of course, they are still plenty of Fe dom lunatics.

Example: Me: You shouldn't start drinking before age 21 or 25 (not that I truly cared what people do but I was thinking about the research about how people are much more likely to become addicted to alcohol if they start doing it regularly before full brain development... I started to drink at 15 so yeah). Boy, that made me sound like an ass... oops.

EDIT: On feelings, I think you are right about us having the same feelings. I guess they are strong but there seems to be a somewhat systematic detachment for what is practical unless there is a moral crusade that the individual is going on (that's when EXFJs get batshit scary/crazy). Trust me, I have known some psycho EXFJs...they scare the shit out of me.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I totally identify with how you feel and I think that is a common Fe interpretation when they throw something out there and the other person doesn't express an interest. Also when a person starts telling you about their stories and experiences just as you are telling them about one of your problems, it feels rude and self-centred, or at the least disinterested.
    guilty as charged, in fact, the rest of my post contains a few personal anecdotes. for ENFPs, I think talking about ourselves is a sign that we are paying attention rather than a sign that we aren't, though I've tried to curb this tendency as I realize it's ridiculous to assume that most people operate this way or have any idea why I do it (one thing that helps is keeping the personal references brief and using them to support my main point rather than going on and on about them)

While it certainly depends on the situation (and can just be immaturity or having not enough emotional margin to factor in the other person's feelings), I realize that I also tend to be less proactive than I should. I don't naturally put myself out there, yet have some silent expectations for what an equal exchange would look like. I don't assume that the other person would want to hear what I'm saying and so over-rely on cues that they are engaged and interested.
    ^this is very INFJ

I have realized from my time on here, that Fi users often find question asking (which is my way of showing interest) as intrusive and prying, so they are careful not to do it and assume that if you have something to tell them, you will. So, in part I think it's about gaining more confidence yourself, and then also realizing that a significant amount of the population just works differently than I do and I need to make some adjustments.
    can't speak for all Fi users, but I usually like questions. the problem is when I politely explain that I'd rather not talk about something and people persist. just recently I left for 24 hours and stayed at a hotel. when I got back, my parents asked me where I'd been and I told them "none of your business" (I went to see a cute guy, no shit I wasn't going to tell them LOL). they persistently asked me 10 more times so I pulled them into the living room and dished out a long, aggressive, ESTJ style lecture about how when I say it's none of your business, that means you do NOT ask me again and I do NOT repeat myself (it kinda seemed like an episode of the Dr. Phil show to be honest LOL). maybe it's just the Fe users I've met, but I feel like I have to spell out things like "no means no" and "yes, I meant 100% of what I said" because they seem to believe when I say something with conviction that it is relative and that at another time I would say something else

It's been interesting to discover, as Fe/Fi discussions have ensued here to realize that precisely the same action or statement would be perceived entirely differently, depending on Fe or Fi use. Some of the statements Fi users have suggested seem officious, overly emotionally intrusive or just plain unnatural to me, while my way can seem extremely prescriptive, oversimplified and nosy to them.
    yes
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Damn, @Lady X, you're gonna copy my thread idea and not even send me an invite? Not cool man. Anyway, yeah my emotions are pretty damn basic: happy, sad, angry, etc. I feel fear and excitement more than any other emotions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Okay so basically fi and ti are more similar and fe te are more alike. Im sure I realized this at some point but really it's like ti and fi are personal and fe and te aren't. You don't feel attached to them. It's just collective data. So then would you say an infj would feel more attached to their ti ?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Damn, @Lady X, you're gonna copy my thread idea and not even send me an invite? Not cool man. Anyway, yeah my emotions are pretty damn basic: happy, sad, angry, etc. I feel fear and excitement more than any other emotions.
    Hahaha!! I'm sorry I forget about that feature!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Hahaha!! I'm sorry I forget about that feature!!
    It's all good. I've noticed that you never use the invite function. I'm glad that you created the thread though, it's a good one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Yes. Specifics please as some others have requested...otherwise it's prolly gonna be Fe Fi Fo Fum
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I can feel others emotions pretty damn well. I can read someone very well, and know if they are happy, sad, glad, etc. I can instinctively hone in on what they want and what they need. In addition, I can sense the energy of a room: I can literally know exactly how everyone in a given room feels about me at any given time, and how they feel about each other. I can use this to my advantage to get what I want as well. I can easily manipulate people with this if I want.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I can feel others emotions pretty damn well. I can read someone very well, and know if they are happy, sad, glad, etc. I can instinctively hone in on what they want and what they need. In addition, I can sense the energy of a room: I can literally know exactly how everyone in a given room feels about me at any given time, and how they feel about each other. I can use this to my advantage to get what I want as well. I can easily manipulate people with this if I want.
    I am like that too... it's the effing aura, I tell ya, it's the effing aura. I can tell when something is off or forced but I try not assume I know what it is because that's when shit starts to happen to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Okay so basically fi and ti are more similar and fe te are more alike. Im sure I realized this at some point but really it's like ti and fi are personal and fe and te aren't. You don't feel attached to them. It's just collective data. So then would you say an infj would feel more attached to their ti ?
    Yes indeed! (For me at least). I'm probably most conscious of Ti and Fe, although I think that Ni sort of bleeds through everything, so much so that I'm not really even aware of it.