User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't think i understand that @KDude. what is your function order?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I think this sounds like something T types do. I'm not sure if its really different for TJ (Fi users) vs. TP (Fe users).
    I'm sure I use my emotions more than Thinkers generally do. What I meant was that Fi-users seem to use feelings as some kind of complex detection system for understanding the world, whereas Fe-users don't use them in quite the same way.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't think i understand that @KDude. what is your function order?
    Well, I'm wondering if it's tertiary Fe. I've seen some ITPs here who laugh in the face of all disapproval. They truly don't give a shit what others think. I do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Well, I'm wondering if it's tertiary Fe. I've seen some ITPs here who laugh in the face of all disapproval. They truly don't give a shit what others think. I do.
    okay so maybe estp??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

so fe users do you feel emotionally attached to your values?

do you get that pain sensation when someone upsets a fe value?
    It has happened a few times. Both with Fe values and Ti principles.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I worry way too much what others think of me, to the point of seriously thinking I've mistyped myself. I think inferior Fe manifests in different ways for different people. Some compensate with an I don't give a damn attitude and some go in the opposite direction. Because our Fe is weaker but we are still Fe users, we don't always read others peoples' feelings as well as someone who is higher up on Fe does and since we're not sure, we worry about it and expect a worst case scenario. At least that's what happens with me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

so fe users do you feel emotionally attached to your values?

do you get that pain sensation when someone upsets a fe value?

maybe that's a dumb question...i'm just wondering if you're reacting to a fe value or a ti principle...or something i hope someone knows what i mean because i'm not sure i do. :/
    I don't think I get a pain sensation when someone upsets a fe value. I might react to someone acting in a way that I perceive as drawing attention to oneself/taking a course of action in a way that affects others negatively or when someone acts inconsiderate, but not really feel pain. I would feel more on the offensive than the defensive and the emphasis usually would be placed on whether it was reasonable for me to feel that way, and if so, what the appropriate action to take would be. It would really depend on a complex mix of factors - whether the person was doing something intentionally or not, whether this was a longstanding pattern, whether they were aware of how they were impacting other people, the severity of what they were doing, how disruptive it is and to how many/which people etc.

I think more pain would be felt for me if I shared an idea about something complex I had been thinking out that I was very invested in, or even about someone/something that held significance for me and someone whose opinion mattered to me was disinterested/scornful of it. That would be much more likely to wound me in some way.

okay so maybe estp??
    I'd rather not say that. Lets just say I view Fe on TP spectrum. What I was saying above is that I kind of know when to weigh my words sometimes.. What makes you look like a shithead and what simply makes you look uncool (maybe that's partly Se too). When I kind of want to push in that territory, I think twice.. I start thinking of the Fe information, how it would look to others. It kind of stinks sometimes, but I know it's for the better. It might even play out in a post like this one. I might compose my words and take time to write. it's not streaming straight from some "inner voice". I'm trying to communicate effectively. I don't put a lot of effort in like maybe EFJs come off more inviting than many people, or an INFJ spins their words together in a poetic fashion.. but I try not to look like an ass. For other people's sake and mine. If that's ETP, so be it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

It has happened a few times. Both with Fe values and Ti principles.

I worry way too much what others think of me, to the point of seriously thinking I've mistyped myself. I think inferior Fe manifests in different ways for different people. Some compensate with an I don't give a damn attitude and some go in the opposite direction. Because our Fe is weaker but we are still Fe users, we don't always read others peoples' feelings as well as someone who is higher up on Fe does and since we're not sure, we worry about it and expect a worst case scenario. At least that's what happens with me.

my brother in law has been really hard to type. i mean...he seems highly sensitive and emotional...but in a sort of emotionally immature way.

i've kind of decided he's an intp.
    -Jim Morrison

Yeah, Jung said wrote they interpret Fe negatively.. that is, their own relation to it negatively. How they go about it is another thing.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

my brother in law has been really hard to type. i mean...he seems highly sensitive and emotional...but in a sort of emotionally immature way.

i've kind of decided he's an intp.
    I try to hide being highly sensitive and emotional, except for with people close to me and on a forum like this. When my sensitive and emotional side does show up, it can be rather immature or at least childlike.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne