User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i disagree. i think one chooses to act based on what they value and prioritize.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

WALMART

Fe, tonight.

I was 'tipsy', my black friend was 'drunker'.

a girl and her boyfriend walked up to us while we learning against a table and proceeded to talk to us in a drunken manner. the two assailants had been sucking face all night, probably a dullant to the nature that is alcohol.

she called my friend names and proceed to antagonize him, her initial threat were of us being young. my friend's retort, after minutes of ridicule and antagonizing, was that she was old.

all the while, i managed to remain neutral (likely because I was caucasian, my friend and I decided). i was able to talk my friend down into retreat, to seek other establishment. he reluctantly agreed.

previously in the night, we played with players so drunk they drunk dirty water from the cups of balls our team had relinquished. yes, we were playing beer pong, yes it was in a bar, and yes if you wanted to get technical our victims were drinking dirty water from the drunken disestablishmentism.

I don't know, somewhere in there there's Fe, on a weird scale.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Fe, tonight.

I was 'tipsy', my black friend was 'drunker'.

a girl and her boyfriend walked up to us while we learning against a table and proceeded to talk to us in a drunken manner. the two assailants had been sucking face all night, probably a dullant to the nature that is alcohol.

she called my friend names and proceed to antagonize him, her initial threat were of us being young. my friend's retort, after minutes of ridicule and antagonizing, was that she was old.

all the while, i managed to remain neutral (likely because I was caucasian, my friend and I decided). i was able to talk my friend down into retreat, to seek other establishment. he reluctantly agreed.

previously in the night, we played with players so drunk they drunk dirty water from the cups of balls our team had relinquished. yes, we were playing beer pong, yes it was in a bar, and yes if you wanted to get technical our victims were drinking dirty water from the drunken disestablishmentism.

I don't know, somewhere in there there's Fe, on a weird scale.
    I bet she was a stripper. And not necessarily his girlfriend. They're always talking shit for no reason. She probably dug your friend. You all could've taken her out back, if you wanted.

Or not.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

This thread's getting a little wobbly, but here's my two cents about Fe/Fi anyway.

I agree with a lot of what @fidelia is saying. But I also am becoming more and more convinced that I'm a little skewed by growing up in a household that's much more Fi than Fe. For instance, when I'm trying to comfort someone, I'll ask them questions, but I also will often start talking about myself and how I've felt what they are feeling to try to affirm them. It was surprising to me when I came on this site to realize that a lot of Fe-users find this weird. There are other little things too that I don't know how to describe. I think this is my Fe anyway, though, adapting to the emotional situation at hand (growing up in an Fi-environment).

But one thing that it took me awhile to realize is that when Fi-users say things like "I like that/I don't like that," it's not just some random whim feeling that they're expressing, but it's a judgment about how they see the world based on a complex system.

I agree with all the Fe-users so far who've said that their feelings are less used to judge things than an Fi-users' are. I see my feelings as just one piece of information but not at all the main source of my information. A lot of times I feel like emotions can be divided into "pain/bad" and "pleasure/good." So my goal is to have as much good emotions and as little bad emotions as I can. This is how I try to regulate my emotions. I also try to help other people out with this too by trying to help them eliminate their bad emotions. I've had to learn that some people (Fi-users) don't appreciate this because they see even bad emotions as having a value. But this is how I come at things initially.

About when others are in pain and whether or not it's authentic if you try to sympathize with them even if you don't see how they're in pain, I see this as having different definitions of authenticity. Fi-users feel that it's authentic to only tell someone you feel sorry for them if you can see why they're upset. For Fe-users, it's more like if you show compassion for them being upset even if you can't see why they are, you're being authentic in your concern for them. To me, if I tell someone I'm sorry they're in pain and try to help them with it, but I don't understand it, it's like saying to them, "I genuinely care about you, and that's why I'm here for you in sympathizing."

I could say more, but I'll see how this thread continues.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx

Having been raised by an ISFJ in an Fe-heavy culture, it often surprises me to realize just how much I rely on Fe to navigate the social world. A tool, an unspoken set of rules that govern politeness, relationships, etc.

This interchange by text happened the other day:

Fi person: I want more Elusivity in my life.

Me, using Fe, automatically attached all kinds of social meanings to this. Obviously, this is an invitation to set up a meeting. I proceed on this assumption.

Fi person: Well, that was just a thought I had at the time and wanted to let you know. I'll plan something soon!

=__=

It's very interesting to hear Fi perspective about being authentic to the self and one's own emotions. However, I can't live life that way. While I have feelings, they're like low-level background noise, and most of the time easily over-ridden by thoughts and logic. Fe, then, becomes the obvious path.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i disagree. i think one chooses to act based on what they value and prioritize.
    That may be true, but it's out of context.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

That's what I mean by what motivates you.

I am who I am because of how I define myself. What I deem important etc. and I act accordingly.

I would say my motivations are very much fi based... But that's fi for ya everything feels like tht haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    I agree with all the Fe-users so far who've said that their feelings are less used to judge things than an Fi-users' are. I see my feelings as just one piece of information but not at all the main source of my information.
    I think this sounds like something T types do. I'm not sure if its really different for TJ (Fi users) vs. TP (Fe users).

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    A lot of times I feel like emotions can be divided into "pain/bad" and "pleasure/good." So my goal is to have as much good emotions and as little bad emotions as I can. This is how I try to regulate my emotions. I also try to help other people out with this too by trying to help them eliminate their bad emotions. I've had to learn that some people (Fi-users) don't appreciate this because they see even bad emotions as having a value. But this is how I come at things initially.
    This is exactly how my emotional system works too. I also have a tendency to use a good/bad divde with my emotions with avoiding the bad as much as possible. I understand that there can be some value or even some good in bad emotions but it's not the natural way I operate.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so fe users do you feel emotionally attached to your values?

do you get that pain sensation when someone upsets a fe value?

maybe that's a dumb question...i'm just wondering if you're reacting to a fe value or a ti principle...or something i hope someone knows what i mean because i'm not sure i do. :/
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I think this sounds like something T types do. I'm not sure if its really different for TJ (Fi users) vs. TP (Fe users).

This is exactly how my emotional system works too. I also have a tendency to use a good/bad divde with my emotions with avoiding the bad as much as possible. I understand that there can be some value or even some good in bad emotions but it's not the natural way I operate.
    I know about "bad" from Fe.. from people pounding into my head and finger wagging about it. And at this point, I've personified it as a sort of looming presence "somewhere" outside. It's kind of like the monkey from Family Guy. But internally I'm like "What did I do? Damnit..." And I have ways of rationalizing it, but I know it's to no avail sometimes. So I might succumb, just to save time and trouble.