User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 277

  1. #161
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i disagree. i think one chooses to act based on what they value and prioritize.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #162
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Fe, tonight.

    I was 'tipsy', my black friend was 'drunker'.

    a girl and her boyfriend walked up to us while we learning against a table and proceeded to talk to us in a drunken manner. the two assailants had been sucking face all night, probably a dullant to the nature that is alcohol.


    she called my friend names and proceed to antagonize him, her initial threat were of us being young. my friend's retort, after minutes of ridicule and antagonizing, was that she was old.

    all the while, i managed to remain neutral (likely because I was caucasian, my friend and I decided). i was able to talk my friend down into retreat, to seek other establishment. he reluctantly agreed.


    previously in the night, we played with players so drunk they drunk dirty water from the cups of balls our team had relinquished. yes, we were playing beer pong, yes it was in a bar, and yes if you wanted to get technical our victims were drinking dirty water from the drunken disestablishmentism.





    I don't know, somewhere in there there's Fe, on a weird scale.

  3. #163
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Fe, tonight.

    I was 'tipsy', my black friend was 'drunker'.

    a girl and her boyfriend walked up to us while we learning against a table and proceeded to talk to us in a drunken manner. the two assailants had been sucking face all night, probably a dullant to the nature that is alcohol.


    she called my friend names and proceed to antagonize him, her initial threat were of us being young. my friend's retort, after minutes of ridicule and antagonizing, was that she was old.

    all the while, i managed to remain neutral (likely because I was caucasian, my friend and I decided). i was able to talk my friend down into retreat, to seek other establishment. he reluctantly agreed.


    previously in the night, we played with players so drunk they drunk dirty water from the cups of balls our team had relinquished. yes, we were playing beer pong, yes it was in a bar, and yes if you wanted to get technical our victims were drinking dirty water from the drunken disestablishmentism.





    I don't know, somewhere in there there's Fe, on a weird scale.
    I bet she was a stripper. And not necessarily his girlfriend. They're always talking shit for no reason. She probably dug your friend. You all could've taken her out back, if you wanted.

    Or not.

  4. #164
    Senior Member SubtleFighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    260

    Default

    This thread's getting a little wobbly, but here's my two cents about Fe/Fi anyway.

    I agree with a lot of what @fidelia is saying. But I also am becoming more and more convinced that I'm a little skewed by growing up in a household that's much more Fi than Fe. For instance, when I'm trying to comfort someone, I'll ask them questions, but I also will often start talking about myself and how I've felt what they are feeling to try to affirm them. It was surprising to me when I came on this site to realize that a lot of Fe-users find this weird. There are other little things too that I don't know how to describe. I think this is my Fe anyway, though, adapting to the emotional situation at hand (growing up in an Fi-environment).

    But one thing that it took me awhile to realize is that when Fi-users say things like "I like that/I don't like that," it's not just some random whim feeling that they're expressing, but it's a judgment about how they see the world based on a complex system.

    I agree with all the Fe-users so far who've said that their feelings are less used to judge things than an Fi-users' are. I see my feelings as just one piece of information but not at all the main source of my information. A lot of times I feel like emotions can be divided into "pain/bad" and "pleasure/good." So my goal is to have as much good emotions and as little bad emotions as I can. This is how I try to regulate my emotions. I also try to help other people out with this too by trying to help them eliminate their bad emotions. I've had to learn that some people (Fi-users) don't appreciate this because they see even bad emotions as having a value. But this is how I come at things initially.

    About when others are in pain and whether or not it's authentic if you try to sympathize with them even if you don't see how they're in pain, I see this as having different definitions of authenticity. Fi-users feel that it's authentic to only tell someone you feel sorry for them if you can see why they're upset. For Fe-users, it's more like if you show compassion for them being upset even if you can't see why they are, you're being authentic in your concern for them. To me, if I tell someone I'm sorry they're in pain and try to help them with it, but I don't understand it, it's like saying to them, "I genuinely care about you, and that's why I'm here for you in sympathizing."

    I could say more, but I'll see how this thread continues.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

    . . . metamorphosing . . .

  5. #165
    Junior Member Elusivity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Having been raised by an ISFJ in an Fe-heavy culture, it often surprises me to realize just how much I rely on Fe to navigate the social world. A tool, an unspoken set of rules that govern politeness, relationships, etc.

    This interchange by text happened the other day:

    Fi person: I want more Elusivity in my life.

    Me, using Fe, automatically attached all kinds of social meanings to this. Obviously, this is an invitation to set up a meeting. I proceed on this assumption.

    Fi person: Well, that was just a thought I had at the time and wanted to let you know. I'll plan something soon!

    =__=

    It's very interesting to hear Fi perspective about being authentic to the self and one's own emotions. However, I can't live life that way. While I have feelings, they're like low-level background noise, and most of the time easily over-ridden by thoughts and logic. Fe, then, becomes the obvious path.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i disagree. i think one chooses to act based on what they value and prioritize.
    That may be true, but it's out of context.

  7. #167
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    That's what I mean by what motivates you.

    I am who I am because of how I define myself. What I deem important etc. and I act accordingly.

    I would say my motivations are very much fi based... But that's fi for ya everything feels like tht haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #168
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    I agree with all the Fe-users so far who've said that their feelings are less used to judge things than an Fi-users' are. I see my feelings as just one piece of information but not at all the main source of my information.
    I think this sounds like something T types do. I'm not sure if its really different for TJ (Fi users) vs. TP (Fe users).

    Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    A lot of times I feel like emotions can be divided into "pain/bad" and "pleasure/good." So my goal is to have as much good emotions and as little bad emotions as I can. This is how I try to regulate my emotions. I also try to help other people out with this too by trying to help them eliminate their bad emotions. I've had to learn that some people (Fi-users) don't appreciate this because they see even bad emotions as having a value. But this is how I come at things initially.
    This is exactly how my emotional system works too. I also have a tendency to use a good/bad divde with my emotions with avoiding the bad as much as possible. I understand that there can be some value or even some good in bad emotions but it's not the natural way I operate.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  9. #169
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    so fe users do you feel emotionally attached to your values?

    do you get that pain sensation when someone upsets a fe value?

    maybe that's a dumb question...i'm just wondering if you're reacting to a fe value or a ti principle...or something i hope someone knows what i mean because i'm not sure i do. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #170
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I think this sounds like something T types do. I'm not sure if its really different for TJ (Fi users) vs. TP (Fe users).



    This is exactly how my emotional system works too. I also have a tendency to use a good/bad divde with my emotions with avoiding the bad as much as possible. I understand that there can be some value or even some good in bad emotions but it's not the natural way I operate.
    I know about "bad" from Fe.. from people pounding into my head and finger wagging about it. And at this point, I've personified it as a sort of looming presence "somewhere" outside. It's kind of like the monkey from Family Guy. But internally I'm like "What did I do? Damnit..." And I have ways of rationalizing it, but I know it's to no avail sometimes. So I might succumb, just to save time and trouble.

Similar Threads

  1. DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FI USERS EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS!
    By The Great One in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 05:13 PM
  2. Would you want to hear an apology from one of your childhood bullies?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 08:52 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 02:05 PM
  4. [ISFJ] ISFJs, what do you like to do for fun/talk about?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 06:11 PM
  5. What does it mean if this makes me want to hang myself?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO