User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    not necessarily, there are things that would stop us from saying something, just that "Fi has a lot of haters" would not be one of them (particularly a more confrontational ExFP or TJ. I feel more tempted to say things if I have a lot of haters, not less)
    You're either not Fi or trying too hard not to be sensitive.

It helps that you're gay though. Kind of get used to bullshit, I'm sure.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're either not Fi or trying too hard not to be sensitive.
    It helps that you're gay though. Kind of get used to bullshit, I'm sure.
    what are you talking about?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's hard to make sense of it when it's all so grey but...it's not that fi users are insensitive. it's just that every thing is measured and given weight and we chose what's important...it's not always more important to be sensitive...sometimes it is...sometimes the truth from our perspective seems more valuable
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

what are you talking about?
    Your need to always be and talk about how unphased you are. I think some of the things that Fi draws attention with is it's sensitivity (for better or worse). But you eshew being sensitive. All you do is promote some mix of being Gordon Gecko meets General Joan of Arc or something. You'd either have to be an autistic and very dry Te type to say you don't care about hate, or you're not being honest.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i've noticed that in some guy enfps....it's like this ne te thing that happens and fi just takes on the form of the crusader...without any sign of fragility...it's there tho.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Your need to always be and talk about how unphased you are. I think some of the things that Fi draws attention with is it's sensitivity. But you eshew being sensitive. All you do is promote some mix of being Gordon Gecko meets General Joan of Arc or something. You'd either have to be an autistic and very dry Te dom to say you don't care about hate, or you're not being honest.
    I'll be honest, I'm probably a little insecure and frustrated at this point in my life (and this probably shows up some in my posts), but I'm not trying to promote anything. I simply enjoy confrontation and whether or not someone likes something is not a factor in whether I say it or not. I am plenty sensitive with people I care about, but not with everyone else (I've been hurt severely on multiple occasions both physically and emotionally for being too sensitive and I don't intend to repeat this mistake unless it is with someone I deem worth the risk)

I don't want to derail this thread, but I really don't appreciate this accusation of my sincerity.

@Lady X
    yeah, this.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So the very first thing I see in the Fi thread is Elfboy describing Fi.
    And the very first thing I see in the Fe thread is Elfboy and Kdude (both Fi'ers) discussing Fi issues in this thread and why Elfboy needs to tailor his Fi.

This is why I ignore Fe and Fi threads. It's all about the Fi'ers, all the time, typically, even when it's not. Churning out lots of threads about Fe and explaining/defending the position kind of runs counter to respect for / deference to others, which is what Fe is about. It's already slanted against Fe, just by the nature of the discussion.

(Sorry. That was a Ti user with minor Fe saying, "This just makes no sense / seems imbalanced, so I mostly refuse to even play the game.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I'll be honest, I'm probably a little insecure and frustrated at this point in my life (and this probably shows up some in my posts), but I'm not trying to promote anything. I simply enjoy confrontation and whether or not someone likes something is not a factor in whether I say it or not. I am plenty sensitive with people I care about, but not with everyone else (I've been hurt severely on multiple occasions both physically and emotionally for being too sensitive and I don't intend to repeat this mistake unless it is with someone I deem worth the risk)

I don't want to derail this thread, but I really don't appreciate this accusation of my sincerity.

@Lady X
    yeah, this.
    Fair enough man. It's just confusing. I'm not out to offend your sincerity. I just don't know where you're coming from. You the person.. or an ideal. Maybe it's the same to you guys. I'll not derail the thread about this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And the very first thing I see in the Fe thread is Elfboy and Kdude (both Fi'ers) discussing Fi issues in this thread and why Elfboy needs to tailor his Fi.
    I doubt I'm Fi. I took a long time to think about it, so give me some credit. About the only thing I know about "values" is my experience with Christianity. I have "Catholic guilt" at best.

If you have a reason for it, please explain. Don't give me some bullshit like Z would and tell me my "colorful avatars are soooo ISFP" or something.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i totally understand that position and it goes back to what fidelia said as well. that the fi user talks about personal experience to relate to and connect to the other and fe users listen to and ask more questions about you to further understand and connect so our way feels self centered. i get it and it sucks and we do need to learn how to communicate differently with fe users perhaps....it truly does not mean what you think it means tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

This is why I ignore Fe and Fi threads. It's all about the Fi'ers, all the time, typically, even when it's not. Churning out lots of threads about Fe and explaining/defending the position kind of runs counter to respect for / deference to others, which is what Fe is about. It's already slanted against Fe, just by the nature of the discussion.

(Sorry. That was a Ti user with minor Fe saying, "This just makes no sense / seems imbalanced, so I mostly refuse to even play the game.")
    -Jim Morrison