User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 277

  1. #91
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I think the worst thing about my Fe is that I get incredibly embarassed incredibly easily, I really don't like when people in my group are acting silly publicly because of how bad it embarasses me.
    This is ultimately what was motivating me too.. and why my friend called me on it. Like I said, it was condescending. Never thought like that much again. People can do what they want. It shouldn't affect me. I'll just stay away entirely from people that reflect badly on me too much, but I'm not going to press it. It might be more of an EP thing to give people or situations "makeovers". Like some descriptions call them "catalysts". I'm sure Fi and Fe go about it differently though. Like ENFPs want to unlock potential in others or something. That's different than saying people are embarassing you.

  2. #92
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    This is ultimately what was motivating me too.. and why my friend called me on it. Like I said, it was condescending. Never thought like that much again. People can do what they want. It shouldn't affect me. I'll just stay away entirely from people that reflect badly on me too much, but I'm not going to press it. It might be more of an EP thing to give people or situations "makeovers". Like some descriptions call them "catalysts". I'm sure Fi and Fe go about it differently though. Like ENFPs want to unlock potential in others or something. That's different than saying people are embarassing you.

    See, I don't really do anything either, but I remain very distant from their actions and they always seem to have an innate desire to ask why I am not having fun. I don't know, silly just is not my idea of fun. I don't lecture or anything, but I typically do not participate.

    Unless we are very, very drunk. Then I'm very obnoxiously silly -_- I think it's all my repressed emotion escaping.

  3. #93
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    please and thank you.
    Gross. Fe is gross.. that's all you need to know.

    ..don't you Fi-People have enough feeeeeeeeeeeelings?! You're gonna O.D. on F one of these days, & be dumped curbside at a hospital--- some ER [xsxp] surgeon's gonna just maniacally saw limbs off left & right, trying to save your vital organs from the coagulated emotion gunking up your veins...

    maybe I'm mixing that up with something about high cholesterol &/or flesh-eating bacteria..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  4. #94
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    A few times I've thought people that think like me are likely the cause of war.

    Now that I understand it, I wonder if it's Fe.

  5. #95
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FE USERS TALK ABOUT THEIR FE!
    That's not how you're supposed to treat people, who do you think you're talking to?
    Hasn't your mother taught you any manners?
    Where are the magic words?




  6. #96
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I just feel there pain because its how they feel it. Everyone has there own things that bother them and I can sympathize without personally agreeing that its something that I think is painful.
    Heh, yeah. A very Fe thing to do.

    I think of Fe more as the "sympathy" F function and Fi as the "empathy" F function.

  7. #97
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Heh, yeah. A very Fe thing to do.

    I think of Fe more as the "sympathy" F function and Fi as the "empathy" F function.
    Yeah I said this to poki already but you guys totally win at sympathy because I honestly don't think I have it in me to give unless I value the issue in the same way. Like I need to understand and relate to your view of it. I need to feel you were wronged in some way. I can't pretend to feel sympathetic and if you're my friend and you're hurting and you tell me about it and I come out thinking you are in some wAy at fault or over reacting. I have to tell you. I can't just feel bad for you because you're upset. I don't know how to even do that. It feels like acting.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #98
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Yeah I said this to poki already but you guys totally win at sympathy because I honestly don't think I have it in me to give unless I value the issue in the same way. Like I need to understand and relate to your view of it. I need to feel you were wronged in some way. I can't pretend to feel sympathetic and if you're my friend and you're hurting and you tell me about it and I come out thinking you are in some wAy at fault or over reacting. I have to tell you. I can't just feel bad for you because you're upset. I don't know how to even do that. It feels like acting.
    If it's acting, then what I don't understand is why make claims about Fi having big connections to humanity? These people that you refuse to act for are human too, right? Yet Fi can't identify with them? Or am I missing something?

    I don't differ from your approach much either btw. I don't want to listen to everyone's problems. But I don't equate my thoughts with humane ideals or whatnot. I refuse to take the moral highground and say what I'm doing is the "right" thing necessarily. I know I'm full of fail when it comes to morality. I'm working on it.

  9. #99
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    If it's acting, then what I don't understand is why make claims about Fi having big connections to humanity? These people that you refuse to act for are human too, right? Yet Fi can't identify with them? Or am I missing something?

    I don't differ from your approach much either btw. I don't want to listen to everyone's problems. But I don't equate my thoughts with humane ideals or whatnot. I refuse to take the moral highground and say what I'm doing is the "right" thing necessarily. I know I'm full of fail when it comes to morality. I'm working on it.
    The problem is that Fi demands authenticity to connect. How can you connect with someone if you truly do not see their pov? If you cannot understand where they are coming from, faking that you do is blasphemy in the eyes of Fi. That isnt a real connection, as honesty has left the building. Admitting that the connection isnt what it should be is bound to create more of a connection, than faking it till you make it..at least, for a Fi-user. At least then you know there is something to work on, more work to be done before you can get a genuine connection and fully grasp what the other person is about.

    Edit: Over time, I have come to appreciate the Fe side of things on this though, where I understand that my lack of understanding of the other persons pov may be a project, but not the issue at hand. At this moment, this person is upset, and especially when I care about them, I do make the effort to change that outcome if I can, and meanwhile, gather the nuggets of info that may lead me to understand this person more fully, for my own little side project. I realize that people are different from me and it triggers my curiosity as well as my desire to be openminded to what moves them, even if it doesnt necessarily have the same impact on me. I try to grasp how the other person differs from me, and attempt to imagine how I would feel, if I were to work like that. That often does trigger the empathy I need to engage Fi and make a genuine connection.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #100
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    If it's acting, then what I don't understand is why make claims about Fi having big connections to humanity? These people that you refuse to act for are human too, right? Yet Fi can't identify with them? Or am I missing something?

    I don't differ from your approach much either btw. I don't want to listen to everyone's problems. But I don't equate my thoughts with humane ideals or whatnot. I refuse to take the moral highground and say what I'm doing is the "right" thing necessarily. I know I'm full of fail when it comes to morality. I'm working on it.
    it's not even experienced as "right" at least not in any way i'm immediately aware of. i just sit and listen...and then if i hear things that make me think they were seeing the situation wrong...i tell them...or offer my perspective and we can talk it out..i mean..i guess i need to understand...so i ask more questions to clarify. but if i can't get on the same page it's hard for me to genuinely empathize.

    i hear you about the humanity thing...i do.. i mean i can care for someone and care they're hurting but it feels very surface unless i can feel about it the same way they feel about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FI USERS EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS!
    By The Great One in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 05:13 PM
  2. Would you want to hear an apology from one of your childhood bullies?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 08:52 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 02:05 PM
  4. [ISFJ] ISFJs, what do you like to do for fun/talk about?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 06:11 PM
  5. What does it mean if this makes me want to hang myself?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO