• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FI USERS EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS!

Within

Permabanned
This is how a Fi user usually express their feelings:

Unhappy that I am, I cannot heave
My heart into my mouth: I love your majesty
According to my bond; no more nor less.

Cordelia, Scene I

from King Lear.

My Fi are more along these lines;

The Prince of Cumberland! that is a step
On which I must fall down, or else o'erleap,
For in my way it lies. Stars, hide your fires,
Let not light see my black and deep desires;
The eye wink at the hand; yet let that be
Which the eye fears, when it is done, to see.

Macbeth, act 1 scene 4.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are all Fi users this attuned to their feelings? Like, do you never unconsciously block them for whatever reason?

Im not fi first so very often I can discuss something in just the land of ideas without checking with or speaking from a personal place of feeling about it.

That's confusing sometimes to people I think.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My Fi are more along these lines;

The Prince of Cumberland! that is a step
On which I must fall down, or else o'erleap,
For in my way it lies. Stars, hide your fires,
Let not light see my black and deep desires;
The eye wink at the hand; yet let that be
Which the eye fears, when it is done, to see.

Macbeth, act 1 scene 4.

Oh that's a good one, too. It's been so long since I read Macbeth.

:D!!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I fall upon the thorns of life! I bleed!

-that pussy Shelley

Standuble

Everyone release their inner gushiness! That includes the INTJs!

O laws of the natural world! Will you not grant this poor man his one wish?
To dance across the stars and space with an almighty swish?
There is something missing from my life
That is the golden dream of interstellar space flight

Celeritas cries "I am the fastest of them all" but not fast enough so humanity can have a ball
By moving across space instead of staying at home right now hungering for it all
To follow light's lead will cause human destiny to bleed
Milennia will pass if we ever blast towards the stars at full speed!

O! Humanity must go faster! Faster than light! It needs to dance with the tachyon!
To become more than marooned quarks in our little blue proton
Would it not be great to pass beyond the habitable zone and the Van Allen belt
To embrace the fantastic destiny by rights we should have been dealt?

I beg you great principles of the universe listen to my cries!
Can't you see how hard humanity tries?
We can't stay here anymore with no where else to go
Worldwide resource depletion will strike humanity a terrible deathblow.

Can't you grant us this one plea?
To bend the rules so we may swim across the dark sea?
Allow us to travel beyond the speed of light
And I, a poor man may dream happily tonight.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
word.

whenever I try to translate fi into words, I always feel like it comes out as "Me have feeling, feeling feel good and bad at same time" or something.
Yep. :D

I don't know about you, but I tend to resort to metaphors when I'm trying to explain how something feels.

wolfy

awsm
who the hell knows...seriously...i don't know how other people experience stuff.

i just know that sometimes a feeling is like...that one time when you were 5 and your dad threw away your giant stuffed doggy because he had a hole in it and you found it and hid in the closet crying until you fell asleep...sometimes...a feeling...is laced with a memory of a particular kind of anguish that cannot be explained in words.

but maybe that's how it is for everyone.

I think it is pretty much like this. You've reflected internally on things you've experienced through life and built a scaffolding of values on how to live life, how life should be lived. Because your experience is built on your own unique experience base it makes no sense to feel there are shared values beyond universal values. When you hit an experience based value that is backed by a universal value. Then there is no budge.

Like all aspects of typology, everybody does it. It is more a model of perception, which do you use predominantly.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Not feel? That would be akin to eliminating air. I think I would have no other parameter to define existence.

At the moment it's raining and I'm not quite warm enough. Will is on the computer in the other room and the animals are sleeping. What am I feeling? Melancholy? Sort of. Nostalgic? Yeah, a bit of that, too. Content. Even happy. Yet full of thunderstorms and rainbows, autumn colored leaves and a hot coal in my hand. (I cut my left palm with a pen knife this noon when trying to dissect an apple.)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Is it literally true that Fi users can spend hours thinking about how they feel about something? If so, how does this work?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it literally true that Fi users can spend hours thinking about how they feel about something? If so, how does this work?

i'm not really sure how to answer this question.. it just happens? if i'm having strong feelings about something i can't really think about anything else.

Standuble

I do this but there is nothing really paradoxical about it. Part of you is "feeling" the feeling whilst another part of you is simply reflecting on what the first part is doing. I usually use a psych-ward analogy. Basically imagine a loony in a padded cell and an adjoining room where a psychologist/team of psychologists are observing the patient's behaviour via a hidden camera where they record the results and discuss it and what it could mean. That would be the situation. You are both the patient and the doctor, observing what you are feeling and recording the results. It works the same way for emotions, personal value and personal ethics/morality.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC

I think that's more Ti-Fe than it is Fi, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
i'm not really sure how to answer this question.. it just happens? if i'm having strong feelings about something i can't really think about anything else.

You can't any more descriptive than that?

It isn't a split like that. It is thinking about something, and feeling it.

Explain please.

I do this but there is nothing really paradoxical about it. Part of you is "feeling" the feeling whilst another part of you is simply reflecting on what the first part is doing. I usually use a psych-ward analogy. Basically imagine a loony in a padded cell and an adjoining room where a psychologist/team of psychologists are observing the patient's behaviour via a hidden camera where they record the results and discuss it and what it could mean. That would be the situation. You are both the patient and the doctor, observing what you are feeling and recording the results. It works the same way for emotions, personal value and personal ethics/morality.

This makes zero sense to me.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can't any more descriptive than that?

i still don't really understand the question, or what you don't understand about it. i'm ambivalent about a lot of things so i analyze what i feel, and why i feel the way i do, and other times i've felt this way before. it's hard for me to explain my thought process i guess because it's very disorganized.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
i still don't really understand the question, or what you don't understand about it. i'm ambivalent about a lot of things so i analyze what i feel, and why i feel the way i do, and other times i've felt this way before. it's hard for me to explain my thought process i guess because it's very disorganized.

Couldn't a Ti user analyze the way that they feel and why they feel the way that they do as well?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Couldn't a Ti user analyze the way that they feel and why they feel the way that they do as well?

i'd assume so, i never thought it was specific to any cognitive function.