First 789101119 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    also they seem totally infp/enfp

and omg how infp is the line you can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness
    Exactly.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

yes...and i'll just add that some things are often kept in because we feel like that's our shit that we have to deal with and it's not fair of us to put it on you.
    Isn't that part Fe? I mean, everyone uses both to some degree, but it seems like a far more Fe approach. It's exactly why I don't share emotions unless necessary.

Also, the Gotye song is purposefully meant for everyone to identify with. Who hasn't felt like that in a breakup, Fi or Fe? Complex emotions aren't unique to Fi users at all!

edit: not being snarky, just trying to distinguish between "Fi human" and "human" traits.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Isn't that part Fe? I mean, everyone uses both to some degree, but it seems like a far more Fe approach. It's exactly why I don't share emotions unless necessary.

Also, the Gotye song is purposefully meant for everyone to identify with. Who hasn't felt like that in a breakup, Fi or Fe? Complex emotions aren't unique to Fi users at all!

edit: not being snarky, just trying to distinguish between "Fi human" and "human" traits.
    maybe the outcome is the same?? i'm not sure the feeling behind it is the same. i'm not sure how to describe what i mean...but i think it has something to do with letting people be who they are as long as it's not negatively impacting someone else.

hmm...which also seems fe when typed outloud. so maybe they're the same in this way? just watching out for people or something??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

maybe the outcome is the same?? i'm not sure the feeling behind it is the same. i'm not sure how to describe what i mean...but i think it has something to do with letting people be who they are as long as it's not negatively impacting someone else.

hmm...which also seems fe when typed outloud. so maybe they're the same in this way? just watching out for people or something??
    I think there is a difference in when we do this. I think Fe-users are less likely to share how they feel inside, especially if they feel they will be jeopardizing a desirable outcome for the group as such, but they have no problem, as Fidelia earlier said, bouncing their feelings off of other Fe-users to see if they are missing information and in order to get back in sync with the group, whereas Fi-users have no problem voicing their emo-concerns in a group, and champion a cause, to get out the entire truth surrounding an issue, whereas we need permission and confirmation that the other person wants to listen to our story about our inner feelings, as we know this can get intense, messy and long in duration. On top of that, sharing that part of yourself, when it isnt welcome, causes intense feelings of rejection and shame, as we dont want to burden the person with that type of intense messy shit, if it isnt welcomed (we know first hand how difficult that stuff can be to wade through).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

Absolutely. I don't mean to say these feelings are only experienced by Fi users. It's about how Gotye explores, confronts and evokes them.

You will find this kind of creative expression is common among Fi artists. They want to draw attention to things we all feel, but don't necessarily comprehend or perhaps aren't even consciously aware of, and then evoke that in a way that makes you go, "OMG! That's so fucking true!".
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Absolutely. I don't mean to say these feelings are only experienced by Fi users. It's about how Gotye explores, confronts and evokes them.

You will find this kind of creative expression is common among Fi artists. They want to draw attention to things we all feel, but don't necessarily comprehend or perhaps aren't even consciously aware of, and then evoke that in a way that makes you go, "OMG! That's so fucking true!".
    Ah, ok. I'm not an artist (nor do I trust most celebrity typings) so I can't speak to Fi vs. Fe creative process at all.

Maybe it's like....Fi users share their feelings, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Fe users, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, share their feelings. They're given different levels of importance for the two users (again, guessing).

There might also be differences in determining "negative impact on others". I'm not sure how a dom or aux-Fe user would approach it, but I try not to share intense negative emotions because I don't want to make the other person sad/inconvenienced/guilty/etc. A Fi user might have a higher threshold for what's considered a negative impact?

There's also an element of privacy for me (probably more of a T thing) where I don't really have a desire to share random emotions without a purpose. They're more something to experience than something to share with others - particularly since they're constantly changing anyway.

edit: I should probably leave you guys alone now before this becomes a Fe discussion, sorry
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh i don't care what kind of discussion it becomes. i think it's all interesting...oh...this isn't my thread tho is it? haha i guess that matters.

i think for us...it's more...as long as it doesn't cross some boundary of what is right...so even if our saying so will hurt you...it has to be said...and fe doesn't operate that way because they place more importance on people than principles.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it occurs to me that i may be sounding very contradictory...i mean...it all get weighed...people first...if possible...but really...it's principle first. ha does that make sense?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

it occurs to me that i may be sounding very contradictory...i mean...it all get weighed...people first...if possible...but really...it's principle first. ha does that make sense?
    It does. On an intellectual level. But I can't really relate because for me (baby Fe) it is the other way around. I have very few principles and one of the most important ones, if not the most important one is not to hurt people and to preserve harmony. I do have opinions on many issues (more often opinions rather than convictions) but they aren't strong enough to be worth getting worked up about or getting into a fight over them.

More later, if you guys are interested in another INTP's baby Fe perpective.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

cool yes i am...i really need to understand more how the functions operate in different positions.
    -Jim Morrison