User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Alright, that's it. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. Actually read up on the topic before you make any sort of claim. Every time you post, it's based on something misinformed.
    I don't know what it is but intps seem pretty emotional to me. Actually so do entps.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Whaat?? Come on man fi users care how others feel.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to say Fi users don't care about how other people feel! ><
    I had to go dinner, so I just sent the post without putting too much thought on it.

Let's see...
    I might not appear very Fi in the sense that I say some things are "unecessary" - if saying that is really related to being Fe or Fi.
    I say something was "unecessary" because I usually care about how other people feel, and I think saying/doing some stuff and hurting people in the process is "unecessary" - and I know Fi users are very capable of caring about people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Sure I get it. I've said it to for the same reason. I've also felt the opposite of hey listen I don't give a fick if you think it was necessary! I didn't say it for your benefit!!

Ya know? So I was just saying I got it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

So, for me, I'm pretty much continually aware of my emotional state. It's like an emotional barometer, whose state I am continually aware of as I go through my day. A sudden change always means something: even if that change of state is not ultimately rational, it always has a cause worth understanding.

Plus, my emotional state is pretty much never a single thing. I'm generally not just "happy" or "sad" or "upset". Typically, I'm in some multi-layered, mixed state. At the moment, for example, I'm a little bit tired from a long day, a little keyed up and exhausted from conflict at work, mostly content with what I got done today (although I feel a little guilty that it was less than I had wanted), a little guilty because I should have been more appreciative of the dinner my partner cooked, etc, etc.

Generally, I have a conscious awareness of my emotional state and a fairly accurate model of what effects it. If my emotional state deviates more than a little from that model, that's something the deserves attention. Generally, I have a fair amount of influence over my emotional state, but it's never direct control about what I feel. I can choose what to feed and what to ignore, what to put aside and what to attend to... but there are limits, always.

Over time, I've learned not to confuse low blood sugar with despondency or depression, a feeling of failure with social exhaustion, or personal upset with a reaction to the state of those near me.

Unlike an Fe-user (I think), I tend to be tuned into the state of individuals, and less so to the state of a group or roles in a group dynamic. It's like each person has a separate emotional state, which must be modeled, tracked, and empathized with individually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yes absolutely to that last paragraph.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

The more strongly I feel an emotion, the more I have to analyze my reaction to understand the emotion.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

so difficult to put into words...truly it is.
    but i'll try...imagine for a moment that i have been to heaven and back and i have seen and felt the truth. i know with every thing that i am what love is...i know how utterly sacred the human spirit is.
    and here i am walking around with this knowing...this knowing of the value of each individual...and what rights we each have to experience all the depth of beauty this life has to offer...so when i see someone step on that right...or attempt to take it from another...it hurts my heart...truly pains it. not in some slight way but in a blasphemous deep deep hurt...like they are going against all that is right...all that should be and all that each individual deserves. it is a sense of knowing something is wrong by emphatically feeling what it does to others...if it causes hurt to you...if it in anyway takes away your inherent rights. it is wrong.
    i feel that the individual spirit is sacred and should be protected at all costs.
    i feel my way through the world...i experience the world not only through the sights and sounds but the feeling impressions that i encounter throughout the day. i am terribly nostalgic and idealistic and my thoughts wander like that of a child playing make believe...so how i feel is often determined by what i'm imagining at the time....certain activities/places can be enjoyable because maybe it reminds me of a beautiful scene in a movie i saw once...or a favorite memory...or whatever place my mind has wandered off to
    related a lot to the last paragraph
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't know what it is but intps seem pretty emotional to me. Actually so do entps.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Fi emotions or Fi values? I agree with @Saturned, the feelings Fi-users have are just human feelings: sorrow, joy, jealousy, etc. The values are maybe more of an internal code of ethics, sort of "this is how I live my life based on what's important" sort of thing.
    How is this different from Fe though? Doesn't everyone live according to what they feel is important? Any judging function would do this. (Side note, I'm not annoyed, just asking questions and thinking.) Maybe Fe would place importance according to relation in a group, Fi would relate everything to the self and their personal response to the world, Te would place importance on impersonal standards, and Ti on whether things make sense logically. I think everyone uses all of these, just each type in its own general order that they use most of the time. Like Ti dominant could have a value system, and personal reactions, they would just have to go through the T filter before they are applied to the world and become final judgments, because Ti is the center of operation, and where the psyche will always return for consistency. (Except int he case of being in the grip of inferior Fe, in which case T loses control, and then regrets it later.)

MBTI
    yupp

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK_6c1PkWO0"]ok i'd probably puke if i actually felt this way.[/YOUTUBE]
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so