User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well if Fi is the internal flame of human spirit free of the trappings of all set conditions and conduct, then Fe is the external flame of shared comfort helping us to push on and that it will 'all be ok'.

Fi fights for us and paves a way to common human understanding. Fe surrounds us with a shared standard of sympathetic consideration, it doesn't delve in, rather it spreads itself extensively, reminding us that even the empty platitude must have come from a core value of decency and respect. Thus it wraps around us like cotton wool...on those little bumps and slips where we need an environment of assurity to fall back...which it provides.

Fi on the other hand is the personal flame of humanities naked essence, born into a world that often only understands by set standards of labelling; it strives to free us from the drudgery and danger of falling too hard on definitions that set us apart. Instead it attempts to throw open a path of understanding that eats through to the very centre of human truth. A truth so pure that it cannot be expressed clearly in any language of the tongue, which is unfit to tread the intangible depths that this truth consists of.

This is why Fi struggles so very much in a world that cannot understand a drive without words, a drive that must be emoted in the very soul to have any understanding at all.

But both are needed. We need some set standards to avoid anarchy and we need to occasionally set those standards aside so that we avoid oppression.

So through this balance can two sides come together and meet the other going in the opposite direction..one will smile and nod, the other will twinkle with the eyes and they shall both understand one another in a new found view of respect.
    fantastic. yes. i like it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't understand the fuss about it. When I feel something, I say it.

That helps a lot when I'm with someone comprehensive and accepting.

Does that mean I'm not Fi?

Like this: I feel slightly confused about this thread.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't think anyone is saying we can't label feelings to the degree that's necessary to communicate elfa.

but saying this makes me sad isn't quite the whole picture is it? it does not transfer ones complete experience of the feeling to the other.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lady X, I'm still not sure if I get it... :/

Are you talking about those complicated feelings we usually don't talk about? Because I believe that's not only a Fi thing, but it's an everyone's thing. I guess there are certain feelings and thoughts people don't want to communicate, for many different reasons, including because they find those emotions too strange and cryptic...

But I still can talk about them with someone who is very very nice to me.

I think the Fi users just spend more time thinking about those feelings, and some of them like to put them into poetry. My literary skills are not so good though.

I may still have not understood what you guys are really talking about, or maybe I'm seeing things too far from MBTI.
    I'm not that into MBTI...

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The OP is just looking for ammunition. It's a trap!

I KNEW IT!
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    I'm not that into MBTI...
    Stay that way. Get out while you can

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@OP

I genuinly appreciate your attempt to reach out to Fi-users and try to understand us. It is something I value a lot. It fills me with gentle hope as well as warms my heart. I recognize the time, effort and energy it costs to do so and to learn from the frustration you must be feeling within. And I sincerely hope that you will find what you are looking for on your quest for both self-knowledge and wisdom. Know that the journey ahead is likely to be a marathon, not a sprint, as the road will be bumpy and occasionally littered with obstacles. But Im sure you have it in you to persevere and receive your just reward in the end.

...expressive enough for you?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

who the hell knows...seriously...i don't know how other people experience stuff.

i just know that sometimes a feeling is like...that one time when you were 5 and your dad threw away your giant stuffed doggy because he had a hole in it and you found it and hid in the closet crying until you fell asleep...sometimes...a feeling...is laced with a memory of a particular kind of anguish that cannot be explained in words.

but maybe that's how it is for everyone.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    but maybe that's how it is for everyone.
    I think it is... I think we're pretty much our history, our past experiences.
    But that's just my opinion.

Because of this thread, I was doubting I was Fi.
    People doubt I'm a N.
    Now that I think people feel like everyone, I'm doubting I'm an enneagram 4.
    Everything I believed was a lie!
    What am I?

I suppressed a lot of my memories like that.. some flooded in when I was a late teen. It was weird.. I can't say how they shaped me.

Anyways, I don't belong in this thread. I'm pretty sure I don't "feel like everyone" though. All this stuff about seeing humanity in big general terms? I can't do it. I barely even see myself as human. I've been contemplating that lately.