User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so difficult to put into words...truly it is.

but i'll try...imagine for a moment that i have been to heaven and back and i have seen and felt the truth. i know with every thing that i am what love is...i know how utterly sacred the human spirit is.

and here i am walking around with this knowing...this knowing of the value of each individual...and what rights we each have to experience all the depth of beauty this life has to offer...so when i see someone step on that right...or attempt to take it from another...it hurts my heart...truly pains it. not in some slight way but in a blasphemous deep deep hurt...like they are going against all that is right...all that should be and all that each individual deserves. it is a sense of knowing something is wrong by emphatically feeling what it does to others...if it causes hurt to you...if it in anyway takes away your inherent rights. it is wrong.

i feel that the individual spirit is sacred and should be protected at all costs.

i feel my way through the world...i experience the world not only through the sights and sounds but the feeling impressions that i encounter throughout the day. i am terribly nostalgic and idealistic and my thoughts wander like that of a child playing make believe...so how i feel is often determined by what i'm imagining at the time....certain activities/places can be enjoyable because maybe it reminds me of a beautiful scene in a movie i saw once...or a favorite memory...or whatever place my mind has wandered off to
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The OP is just looking for ammunition. It's a trap!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    How does one "break the ice", as you put it? What makes an acceptable outlet?
    Accepting an objective, universal frame of reference. Being driven by a cause that escapes the bounds of an emphasis on personal possession. Not just a "pet cause", but one of full devotion. Technically, it could be a reverence for just about anything as long as it's viewed as something irrevocably higher than oneself.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @The Great One

okay, I'll have a go at it. this is a little taste of the kind of dialogue that goes through my head on a regular basis (you're an Fe user, so this is gonna sound weird as fuck, but here goes lol)

I am the sword of justice, the champion of the downtrodden. I am bound to no one, I serve no one, my sense of conviction is what drives me, like a white flame that blazes from my gut, it fuels me and pushes me forward to pursue my passions and ideals.
    my breath is the divine wind of revolution. when I am among my comrades, it is a gentle breeze, breathing life into the lives of those without hope. but there is a raging tempest that swells within me, and at times I cannot hold back my sword hand's anger as it cascades down from the sky striking my enemies with holy lightning. those who oppose me will feel the sting of the heavens as my cold, shining blade cleaves their flesh and silences their cries. my angelic soprano voice brings hope and security to the ears of the innocent, but breaths fear into the hearts of the wicked.

PS: also, this thread
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...t=56649&page=1
    And here comes Mr Fe swooping in with a blanket and a mug of hot chocolate.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ i don't get it. elaborate?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh nevermind. you're saying he's all mighty and powerful with the force of the whole world behind him and you're offering mild creature comforts...okay...got it. whyd ya say it tho?
    -Jim Morrison

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh nevermind. you're saying he's all mighty and powerful with the force of the whole world behind him and you're offering mild creature comforts...okay...got it. whyd ya say it tho?
    its hard to explain but id do the same.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ^^ i don't get it. elaborate?
    Well if Fi is the internal flame of human spirit free of the trappings of all set conditions and conduct, then Fe is the external flame of shared comfort helping us to push on and that it will 'all be ok'.

Fi fights for us and paves a way to common human understanding. Fe surrounds us with a shared standard of sympathetic consideration, it doesn't delve in, rather it spreads itself extensively, reminding us that even the empty platitude must have come from a core value of decency and respect. Thus it wraps around us like cotton wool...on those little bumps and slips where we need an environment of assurity to fall back...which it provides.

Fi on the other hand is the personal flame of humanities naked essence, born into a world that often only understands by set standards of labelling; it strives to free us from the drudgery and danger of falling too hard on definitions that set us apart. Instead it attempts to throw open a path of understanding that eats through to the very centre of human truth. A truth so pure that it cannot be expressed clearly in any language of the tongue, which is unfit to tread the intangible depths that this truth consists of.

This is why Fi struggles so very much in a world that cannot understand a drive without words, a drive that must be emoted in the very soul to have any understanding at all.

But both are needed. We need some set standards to avoid anarchy and we need to occasionally set those standards aside so that we avoid oppression.

So through this balance can two sides come together and meet the other going in the opposite direction..one will smile and nod, the other will twinkle with the eyes and they shall both understand one another in a new found view of respect.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Amargith liked this post

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    its hard to explain but id do the same.
    you mean like you'd like t comfort me or something?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well if Fi is the internal flame of human spirit free of the trappings of all set conditions and conduct, then Fe is the external flame of shared comfort helping us to push on and that it will 'all be ok'.

Fi fights for us and paves a way to common human understanding. Fe surrounds us with a shared standard of sympathetic consideration, it doesn't delve in, rather it spreads itself extensively, reminding us that even the empty platitude must have come from a core value of decency and respect. Thus it wraps around us like cotton wool...on those little bumps and slips where we need an environment of assurity to fall back...which it provides.

Fi on the other hand is the personal flame of humanities naked essence, born into a world that often only understands by set standards of labelling; it strives to free us from the drudgery and danger of falling too hard on definitions that set us apart. Instead it attempts to throw open a path of understanding that eats through to the very centre of human truth. A truth so pure that it cannot be expressed clearly in any language of the tongue, which is unfit to tread the intangible depths that this truth consists of.

This is why Fi struggles so very much in a world that cannot understand a drive without words, a drive that must be emoted in the very soul to have any understanding at all.

But both are needed. We need some set standards to avoid anarchy and we need to occasionally set those standards aside so that we avoid oppression.

So through this balance can two sides come together and meet the other going in the opposite direction..one will smile and nod, the other will twinkle with the eyes and they shall both understand one another in a new found view of respect.
    Wow...