User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man.
    Delicious.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

My Fi is ridiculously annoying and I find the more I suppress it the easier life is for me when it comes to interpersonal grievances. When it comes to my relationship with myself, the more I honor my Fi the more kick ass I become because I feel aligned and authentic. There is nothing worse for an INFP than being at odds with oneself. Usually this means going against the grain so being an INFP is an ongoing battle either internally or with others. It's tough I tell ya!
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So if you wouldn't mind Fi users, try your best to put your feelings into words (no matter how strange it may sound to the rest of us). I yearn to crack the code which is Fi!
    A distinct facet of Fi is how private it is, and the reason for this is how hard the feelings are to express. Who wants to spend fifteen minutes to try to find words to express something that simply cannot be expressed perfectly with words (and it's very, very important for us to feel harmony between words and feelings), and then probably be dismissed for those since they make little sense outside of us? Being an Fi user means feeling deeply insulted when having our feelings derided or dismissed, and that means conflict, and in some cases long term grudges. One doesn't need to be an enneagram type nine to want to avoid that.

It's hard for me to express Fi without it being pretty polluted by Te most of the time. When I'm rolling Fi, I'm usually pretty angry. I see Fi as a rather angry function, because it's a very easy going function most of the time. That may not make sense at first, but look at it this way: Fi is silent when values are not being offended. When Fi comes out and makes itself known, something is wrong. So in short, when it's visible, Fi is angry.

Since my Fi usually is trapped squarely under Te's heel, even things that offend my values are usually not hard to dismiss with a roll of the eyes, often an invisible one. It can take someone else prodding me with something offensive to bring that side of me out. Further, knowing my girlfriend is upset by something feeds into my anger toward it. Something I easily dismissed minutes ago gets my full attention and often my full displeasure.

OK, so uh... my feelings into words. I don't know if I can do that. I need context.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Interesting. I follow you on the angry thing. Like taking something personally. I wonder if Ti users are more likely to get irritable as well when others have a hard time understanding/following them?

And Ni and Si sort of seem to be 'above' others' opinions/concerns, don't they?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Interesting. I follow you on the angry thing. Like taking something personally. I wonder if Ti users are more likely to get irritable as well when others have a hard time understanding/following them?

I know I do.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Maybe that is part of the reason my ex is/was always irritated with me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm confused. I thought Fi users were hyperaware of their emotions, and so they had a pretty good understanding of them. So Fe users, even inferior Fe, are not that aware of their emotions unless they are triggered, but they don't understand them well? This is not a very clear distinction. I thought I use inferior Fe because sometimes I'm not very aware of my emotions and they get triggered sometimes and get out of control. Like, Fi dom would be consciously aware of emotions and what they mean and could deal with them well and T dom/aux would be less consciously aware of emotional things because their thoughts take up most of their consciousness. Am I right? It made sense to me to be Ti dom because I think all the time and when I feel something I have to put it into a thought in my mind in order to understand it. Like the unconscious emotion has to be filtered through the conscious thinking for me to process it. But, hearing about Fi being kind of unconscious anyway, I can kind of relate to the pictures and colors thing.

I dunno. Any clarity in this area would be appreciated, as I'm still trying to understand Fi to see if I use it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

There are things I have already thought through and know how I feel about them... Other things I'm not sure.

They have to be thoroughly thought through first.

Sometimes I may have a gut reaction like... A slight discomfort but I don't understand why yet so I have to think it through... To internally check the validity of that reaction. Or to perhaps expand my view on it... Look at it from other angles and then make up my mind.

This is done internally by my standards... My perception of what is right and good and important.
    But yes sometimes.. Often... I don't know how I feel... And certainly can't verbalize it.

It is very much like ti in that it's highly important to be concise... To be accurate and to explore in depth and defined by your own set of principles.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I wonder if Ti users are more likely to get irritable as well when others have a hard time understanding/following them?
    I have observed this in some. Any kind of introverted judgment is going to judge without an external baseline. That makes it internal, personal, and in a sense, automatic. Once the demand to put it into words arises, there can be a great deal of stress, because it's like translation when they have to go from something that is instinctively understood to something that is outwardly expressed. An Fi user knows when their values have been violated, but doesn't always know in what way. It manifests as that sickened feeling that something is wrong and must be either fixed or destroyed.

I think I get what you mean, and yes, I think they do.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

I think @Stephen made a really good post about it.

it's very, very private. Therefore it doesn't really get to come out much, and because of that, when the user decides to express it it just feels clumsy and awkward, which is also kind of discouraging.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]